Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-10-2013, 06:41 PM   #16
lockedoutlogic
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DizCaptain View Post
No.
x2
Bought there....(SSR 2006)

Last Trip: Too Long Ago
Next Trip: Can i borrow some money to go?
Gift Shop Quality: When did we get to WalMart?
Food Quality: Only the finest free range roast chicken breast and loch dart salmon in the Kingdom

"May the Space Being bless the Free Market"
lockedoutlogic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 08:49 PM   #17
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Quote:
Originally Posted by disney1990 View Post
It is scheduled to be closed for only a year. I can't see them getting it torn down and rebuilt in that timeframe.
It's possible to do. Depends what they are building.

I'm not holding my breath though. The original Journey Into Imagination was recreated for a video presentation at D23, Dreamfinder made an appearance for Tony Baxter's Legends presentation, and Tony asked when he's returning...
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

Last edited by doconeill; 08-11-2013 at 04:08 AM.
doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 09:14 PM   #18
BDL
DIS Veteran

After watching the youtube video of the original Journey Into Imagination, shown at D23, in the Disboards daily updates, I'm hoping that they are taking the time and effort to put it back.

BDL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 09:51 PM   #19
mantysk8coach
Proud member of the DIS chapter of NKOTB Anonymous!

I literally got chills when I saw the video of the recreated original imagination ride. Could it be!?!?! Going back to the original ride, updated with today's technology would be amazing. Open up the upstairs imageworks again, and I will be there on opening day!!!

Can't wait to see what comes of this!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:05 PM   #20
pigletto
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post
I literally got chills when I saw the video of the recreated original imagination ride. Could it be!?!?! Going back to the original ride, updated with today's technology would be amazing. Open up the upstairs imageworks again, and I will be there on opening day!!!

Yep!! Chills here too!!
It has always been a wish in the back of my mind but now it seems it could be coming back in some way. I just can't wait to see what's coming!!
Old 08-10-2013, 10:35 PM   #21
monorailrabbit
Rabbits Rabbits Everywhere!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mantysk8coach View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by pigletto View Post
Yep!! Chills here too!!
It has always been a wish in the back of my mind but now it seems it could be coming back in some way. I just can't wait to see what's coming!!
Me too! Me too! This was always my favorite part of Disney World HANDS DOWN! I am so excited! I'm afraid to get too worked up but I can't wait until we hear more!
Old 08-11-2013, 08:41 AM   #22
Echo7Solo
Earning My Ears

yeah I just can't see this one happening
Old 08-11-2013, 10:31 AM   #23
101disneyfan
Waiting for Avatar, Star Wars, Pixar Place...

As long as nothing happens to the Imagination jumping fountains, I'm not going to complain about the possibility of Dreamfinder, or anything else coming for the reimagineering of IMAGINATION.

Walt Disney World September 23-25, 2005 CBR, October 6-9, 2007 MNSSHP (Video), June 23-28, 2013 (Video)
101disneyfan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 11:45 PM   #24
SueM in MN
It's like combining the teacups with a roller coaster

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
It's possible to do. Depends what they are building.

I'm not holding my breath though. The original Journey Into Imagination was recreated for a video presentation at D23, Dreamfinder made an appearance for Tony Baxter's Legends presentation, and Tony asked when he's returning...

Quote:
Originally Posted by 101disneyfan View Post
As long as nothing happens to the Imagination jumping fountains, I'm not going to complain about the possibility of Dreamfinder, or anything else coming for the reimagineering of IMAGINATION.
I would like them to put the Imagination jumping fountains (and the whole Imagination building) back the way it was before. Even the fountains were decreased and changed.

Spaceship Earth: We are all passengers together.
Life is what happens to you when you're busy making other plans......John Lennon
Be a rainbow in someone else's cloud. Dr. Maya Angelou
trip report link in Memory of eternaldisneyfan, who lived these words: Some people are always grumbling because roses have thorns. I am thankful that thorns have roses. Alphonse Karr
SueM in MN is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:00 PM   #25
Tiger8691
Earning My Ears

I hope that we are building another Soarin'. Doubling its size only makes sense. I like the California scenery, but would enjoy a different "flight".
Tiger8691 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 09:08 PM   #26
doconeill

Fastpass Jedi Master

Regardless of the popularity of Soarin', I don't agree with the idea of killing an entire pavilion to double it's capacity. They should come up with a NEW E-ticket, such that it can absorb some of Soarin's popularity so they can take each concourse down for the updates.

Just building more Soarin' is just "more of the same" and isn't moving forward, which is what Disney used to be known for.
4th Annual New England DISMeet for GiveKidsTheWorld - Oct 3-5, 2014 - Plymouth, MA

doconeill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:13 PM   #27
Gingerg11
I solemnly swear I am up to no good...

I asked about the return of Figment and he said there was no word on that. He was unsure what they were doing with the pavilion. He did say the reason why the original attraction was rebooted was because it was in the contract that Kodak had with Disney. The attraction under their sponsorship would not be allowed to stagnate, it had to be significantly changed or updated every so many years.

His explanation for the reopening of the WoL was because Disney didn't want that so much closed at once but that would only be two pavilions, right? I didn't speak to him directly so I couldn't ask him any questions directly. He was aware that WoL is used for F&W or other events but never said it couldn't be ramped up.

I don't know where he got the information but he does work there (not sure where at WDW) but I will try to find out. As always posted as a rumor. I will also try to get a clarification on demolished or gutted.
Gingerg11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-18-2013, 11:41 PM   #28
old lady
DIS Veteran

I prefer the Journey of Imagination over the wonders of life. Even Einstein said it was more important than knowledge. I hope it is not going to be like what they did with the Universe of Energy.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:59 AM   #29
dcibrando
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiger8691 View Post
I hope that we are building another Soarin'. Doubling its size only makes sense. I like the California scenery, but would enjoy a different "flight".
seems like they could film and develop several different flights that are random
dcibrando is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-19-2013, 11:49 AM   #30
ThurlFan
Grim Ghost

Quote:
Originally Posted by doconeill View Post
Regardless of the popularity of Soarin', I don't agree with the idea of killing an entire pavilion to double it's capacity. They should come up with a NEW E-ticket, such that it can absorb some of Soarin's popularity so they can take each concourse down for the updates.

Just building more Soarin' is just "more of the same" and isn't moving forward, which is what Disney used to be known for.
Seconded.
ThurlFan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: