Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 09:52 PM   #1
twinmomplus2
DIS Veteran

Old timer looking for lots of advice!!

I have been around these boards for 12 years. But, Haven't done anything but lurk and read since 2008.

That said.. I took the plunge and booked my first ever Cruise. I am completely,hopelessly clueless.

I am fully paid but other than logging on to see my reservation. I have no idea where to begin?

Any and all tips for a first time cruiser are most appreciated!

Cruise is a year out so I have plenty of time to plan.
It is a 10/23/2014... 4 day double dip at Castaway Cay. With 2 teens. (14)
<Script language='Javascript'>var rndNum = Math.floor(Math.random() * 10000);eval("var CDTDate" + rndNum + " = 'December 5, 2004 11:30:00 AM EST';");document.writeln("<form name='CDTform" + rndNum + "' action='Javascript:void(0);'>");document.writeln(' <font size=2 color=red>BWV and MVMCP---AKL and Sunrise Safari </font><br>');document.writeln("<input type=text value='' size=40 name='WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII'>");document.writ eln("</form>");if (theFunction) theFunction += "var d = new Date();";else var theFunction = "var d = new Date();";theFunction += "var c = new Date('" + eval("CDTDate" + rndNum) + "');";theFunction += "var diff = (c - d)/1000;";theFunction += "var days = Math.floor(diff / 86400);";theFunction += "var rem = diff - (days * 86400);";theFunction += "var hours = Math.floor(rem / 3600);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (hours * 3600);";theFunction += "var minutes = Math.floor(rem / 60);";theFunction += "rem = rem - (minutes * 60);";theFunction += "var seconds = Math.floor(rem);";theFunction += "if ((days < 0) | (hours < 0) | (minutes < 0) | (seconds < 0)) ";theFunction += "var out = 'We are off!!!!!';";theFunction += "else ";theFunction += "var out = ' ' + days + ' days ' + hours + ' hrs. ' + minutes + ' mins. ' + seconds + ' secs.';";theFunction += "document.forms.CDTform" + rndNum + ".elements.WrittenByJamesMVenglarikII.value = out;";setInterval(theFunction, 1000);</Script>
twinmomplus2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:17 PM   #2
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

I love... castaway Cay.....

so what questions do you have? the best thing is to read read read on these threads in this board

is it you and the teens? or another adult as well? have you found your cruise meet yet for that cruise....let me go find it for you...

ok so I am assuming it is the Dream am I correct...here is the cruise meet for that cruise

you can go there and meet other DIS members and join in the fun of planning and talking and so on....not sure did not look to see how crowded that is as of yet...as it gets closer more posters will join....so what kind of questions do you have?

http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3103275

Ummm so I went to the link and it is kinda strange...states that the cruise date is changed or something like that...have you heard from DCL? is it on the Magic and not the Dream at this time?

found this..
Disney Dream Original Sail Date Revised Disney Dream Sail Date
October 23, 2014* October 16, 2014**
October 26, 2014 October 27, 2014
October 30, 2014 October 31, 2014
November 2, 2014 November 3, 2014
November 6, 2014 November 7, 2014
Day at Sea and Castaway Cay
November 9, 2014 November 10, 2014
Day at Sea and two calls at Castaway Cay
November 13, 2014 October 23, 2014
Nassau and two calls at Castaway Cay

*October 23, 2014 3-night sailing is changing to a 4-night sailing.
**Nearest available 3-night sailing itinerary that maintains a Thursday departure.
Please note some sailings may have a slightly modified itinerary

just relax Mun :wooho

Last edited by "Got Disney"; 08-08-2013 at 10:31 PM.
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 10:59 PM   #3
jczosack
Pixie Duster

Sounds like a great first cruise for you all....LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Castaway Cay. The first thing you need to do is fill out all the pertinent information that is required by DCL for your reservation, names of passengers, etc. It will then ask you to book any excursions, dinners at Palo, etc. The most important thing is to not try to do everything....you won't be able to on a 4 night cruise....just enjoy!!!! Everyone here would be happy to help you with any questions you might have.

Last edited by jczosack; 08-08-2013 at 11:06 PM.
jczosack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 05:49 AM   #4
EeyoreIsMyName
DIS Veteran

I don't know if it's helpful, but here's what I usually do. First, upon paying in full, I complete online check in. You will still need to have signed the cruise contract and payment forms to turn in when you check in at the port.

After that, I book any excursions we are interested in. You can always cancel them before the cruise if you change your mind. They do not charge your account until 3 days before the cruise.

I also try to locate recent Personal Navigators for the exact cruise itinerary I will be taking so I can sort of plan the day's activities. This helps me to plan dinner or brunch in Palo/Remy or spa treatments if I'm interested in doing those.

You might also be interested in signing up on your cruise meet thread. This allows you to get to know other people who will be going on your cruise. You may even find some people with kids the same age as yours so they will have some friends when they board to hang out with at the clubs.

Have a great time on your cruise!

EeyoreIsMyName is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 06:25 AM   #5
Pegasus928
DIS Veteran

I will be following this thread with interest. We have a longer time to wait than you but I am trying to glean as much information as possible as we get ready to book.
Pegasus928 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-09-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
"Got Disney"
They’re like Lays chips...just cant get enough
Little Angels come and take them away
We need to smack them all in the heads and say "WAKE UP YAHOOS"

hmmm trying to post something..

just relax Mun :wooho
"Got Disney" is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: