Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-08-2013, 12:56 PM   #1
TheRatPack
Under penalty of law this tag not to be removed except by the tagfairy!

Those that used DU, anything I'm missing?

Okay, I've never used a TA before but decided to with our first cruise. I booked with DU. The automated system sent me an email that stated I'd hear from my TA within 24 hours after my down payment, but I've not heard anything. Our cruise isn't for a year....so no big rush. And I plan on booking my own ADRs, excursions...etc so I don't want to bother my TA if she doesn't need any information or there isn't anything else required for the OBC....etc.

So do I need to contact her for any reason? Or is everything set once we pay in full?

TheRatPack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:12 PM   #2
tweis
DIS Veteran

Have you been assigned a TA yet? We were immediately assigned after receiving the automated email and my agent contacted me right away. If you have no questions then I don't suppose there is any reason to contact her but everyone once in a while my agent will send me emails with information about DCL and the Fantasy. Yes, we have sailed DCL before but she still sends us info. Do you know who to contact if you have questions? Do you have your user name and password for logging into your account with DU?

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

5 Night Disney Dream Double Dip June 2012
tweis is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 01:22 PM   #3
Callymum
DIS Veteran

I would wait a few days yet. Sometimes its a few days before they send any emails. If they don't need to rush they will deal with more imminent cruise problems. You will get assigned your own TA Rep and that will be who you contact after that first introduction email from him or her.
Old 08-08-2013, 01:35 PM   #4
TheRatPack

We spoke to the TA several times prior to booking. I didn't hear back from them the day our quote expired with some basic questions I'd asked, but didn't want to miss out on booking the room category we wanted so I sent the deposit. I received an email stating that our deposit was processed, and also that we'd be hearing from our 'agent' within 24 hours.

Since we've never used a TA before, we were unsure if we needed to give them any other information, if they sent the OBC directly to DCL, if there was any kind of FAQ email about booking our own ADRs....etc that we missed or if we were good on all accounts and just using the TA for payments .

Sounds like they process our payments, make some commission on our cruise and everything else works as if I'd booked it directly.....so no problems

Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #5
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Callymum View Post
I would wait a few days yet. Sometimes its a few days before they send any emails. If they don't need to rush they will deal with more imminent cruise problems. You will get assigned your own TA Rep and that will be who you contact after that first introduction email from him or her.
This is strange to me because both times I've booked a cruise with DU, they contact me immediately. When I got a quote for the first cruise that I booked with them, I received the automated email and the same day I received the email from my agent with my account info. Maybe I just got really lucky with the agent I received.

3 Night Disney Dream May 2013 Trip report W/Navigators Link is broken so "google" "Our dreamy anniversary cruise"

Old 08-08-2013, 01:42 PM   #6
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
We spoke to the TA several times prior to booking. I didn't hear back from them the day our quote expired with some basic questions I'd asked, but didn't want to miss out on booking the room category we wanted so I sent the deposit. I received an email stating that our deposit was processed, and also that we'd be hearing from our 'agent' within 24 hours.

Since we've never used a TA before, we were unsure if we needed to give them any other information, if they sent the OBC directly to DCL, if there was any kind of FAQ email about booking our own ADRs....etc that we missed or if we were good on all accounts and just using the TA for payments .

Sounds like they process our payments, make some commission on our cruise and everything else works as if I'd booked it directly.....so no problems
When you log into your DU account, you can see the agent's name that is handling your account, total cruise cost, amount received, paid in full date, amount of OBC received and info regarding excursions and dining. My agent sends me a reminder when I'm getting close to my online checkin date which is when you will make any adult dining reservations/excursions/spa/nursery.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:47 PM   #7
TheRatPack

Thanks.....maybe our TA went on vacation or something I did sign back on though and can see our balance and the FAQs so again, guess we're good.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:49 PM   #8
tweis
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
Thanks.....maybe our TA went on vacation or something I did sign back on though and can see our balance and the FAQs so again, guess we're good.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: