Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-15-2013, 09:54 AM   #76
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Doing a split stay for 9/12-9/16 at the BCV for the Pin Trading event, then leaving and coming back on 9/20 for BLT for the night before going on the Fantasy, then back at BLT on 9/28 for the night.

Last night, I had no option to do anything with FP+ or MB's. Today, I was able to select FP+ times. Played around with it. So far, I notice that HS (picked there first because I know I'll be for sure at HS on the evening of 9/13) only has Muppet 3D, Tower of Terror, Star Tours, TSM, and RnRC available as choices. I have seen YT's of people using the MB to get onto the Great Movie Ride but it was not a choice this time. Nor was TLM show. I thought they would also be choices, but perhaps they don't see a lot of volume or the testing for September will not use them?

I will edit this as I am able to do and see more, but this makes me

Edit:
Still no ability to get a MB, but it let me make a bunch of FP+ ressies. I did notice that the system appears to be 'smart' in the sense that if you have say a ressie already for say the Teacups at 6-7, and you're trying to change the time you go on say Space Mountain, when you ask it to show you all times available, it will omit the hours of 6-7 because you already have a valid FP+ somewhere else during that time. On the one hand this is good- it should make people who were worried about reservation hoarders happy. On the other hand, when you're trying to shuffle around your times, it makes more steps for you. If your goal was merely to swap SM with the Teacups but keep their respective times, you'd need to move the Teacups first, them SM, and then the Teacups again since neither can occupy the same hour period. However, if your goal is to completely change the time, say from 9am to 6pm, there shouldn't be an issue as long as nothing is already sitting in that spot....

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman

Last edited by sperkins921; 08-15-2013 at 10:27 AM. Reason: adding info
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:58 AM   #77
Mom2Stitch
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Wish they were doing CSR...
In the same boat with you....right now I think it's not looking so good

2001 ASMo, 2002 POR, 2003-2008 Poly, 2009 POFQ, 2010 Poly, 2011 CSR, 2012 CSR,2013 CSR
Mom2Stitch is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 AM   #78
Mickey2J
Earning My Ears

We are staying at POP Sept 14 - 21. This morning I was able to make our Fastpass + reservations for all the days we are staying. When i went to the main page it popped up to Customize your Magic Bands, but when i clicked on it there was no magic bands to customize or any option at all.
Old 08-15-2013, 10:21 AM   #79
Kimmers127
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mickey2J View Post
We are staying at POP Sept 14 - 21. This morning I was able to make our Fastpass + reservations for all the days we are staying. When i went to the main page it popped up to Customize your Magic Bands, but when i clicked on it there was no magic bands to customize or any option at all.
This happened to me today too (with the magic bands). I'm desperate to get these customized and ordered lol.

I also now have the make FP+ option, but when I actually try to make any it keeps saying this date is not available. I check into POR on 9/29 and I have seen people dating they've made FPs for dates through 9/28. So is 9/29 (and on) maybe just not open yet??

Engaged in Animal Kingdom 9/19/09! Married in Walt Disney World 5/09/11!

Kimmers127 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:13 PM   #80
leigh1545
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post

The test seems to have been extended one week into September for all August hotels. No one checking in after the 7th or anyone at a different hotel than the August test hotels has access to bands yet.
I am checking in on September 21 at AKL and now have access to FP plus
leigh1545 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:17 PM   #81
sperkins921

Question on magic bands....
will the FP check in work on them if they weren't scanned at the gate that AM? Like you know how with the paper tickets or AP's maybe one member of a party would go into HS early am to pick up FP's for their group (and I'm not talking foreign tour group or anything like that, just say mom picking up that morning for herself DH and Dkids when they plan to be at HS that evening) the ticket would issue a FP even though it hadn't gone through the turnstile. Wondering if MB's will do the same? (ie let the wearer check in for FP's even though it wasn't used for admission into the park that day...)

Old 08-15-2013, 12:30 PM   #82
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
Question on magic bands....
will the FP check in work on them if they weren't scanned at the gate that AM? Like you know how with the paper tickets or AP's maybe one member of a party would go into HS early am to pick up FP's for their group (and I'm not talking foreign tour group or anything like that, just say mom picking up that morning for herself DH and Dkids when they plan to be at HS that evening) the ticket would issue a FP even though it hadn't gone through the turnstile. Wondering if MB's will do the same? (ie let the wearer check in for FP's even though it wasn't used for admission into the park that day...)
With FP+, you will select all your FPs prior to even arriving at WDW. This eliminates the need for 'Fastpass runners' or rope-drop hoards. No one would need to be in the park before everyone else to get FPs anymore.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 03:58 PM   #83
apainterxx44
Mouseketeer

Is anyone else really impatient about these bands?! I'm losing it I just want to be able to customize them! I guess 24 days until is making me want to occupy my time with anything Disney related. I have all my ADR's and FP+s ready all I need is that band!

Me 23 Roy 26

I've stayed at :
Wilderness Lodge, Fort Wilderness, Polynesian, Pop Century, All Star Movies, All Star Sports, Yacht Club, POFQ, Caribbean Beach.
Disney Careerstart Program : Spring 2009

"Too many people grow up. That's the real trouble with the world, too many people grow up. They forget. They don't remember what it's like to be 12 years old. They patronize, they treat children as inferiors. Well I won't do that." - Walt Disney
apainterxx44 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 04:06 PM   #84
MightyGitis
Jedi

Quote:
Originally Posted by leigh1545 View Post

I am checking in on September 21 at AKL and now have access to FP plus
The hope is that if you have access to FP+ the bands are soon to follow.
Old 08-15-2013, 04:10 PM   #85
sperkins921

Quote:
Originally Posted by DrivnMeUpTheWall-E View Post
With FP+, you will select all your FPs prior to even arriving at WDW. This eliminates the need for 'Fastpass runners' or rope-drop hoards. No one would need to be in the park before everyone else to get FPs anymore.
I understand that, that wasn't my question. I've already made my FP+ reservations. My question was simply will a MB that has not been used for admission that day to enter the park still work at the ride's FP entrance gate?

Old 08-15-2013, 04:43 PM   #86
chasadchick
chasadchick

FastPass+ for Poly People

We are staying at the Poly Sept 8-11. The site was letting me make FP+ reservations today. Cross your fingers that we're testing at the Poly in Sept.
chasadchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 05:54 PM   #87
nannette
Hmm... dislikes Trolls the kind with green hair and big eyes wearing Mickey ears!!

I have not read this entire thread so I hope this info hasn't been posted yet.. the question is... if you have the ability to book the FP+ but have an ap is it possible that a mb could happen?? if not does the FP+ plans still work with your room key??

~N

nannette is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 07:22 PM   #88
utkscvol1
DIS Veteran

Staying at pofq 8-30 thru 9-7. Nothing. Nada. When I log in and click on the fastpass+ option it tells me atleast one member has to be something. When I click manage magicbands, it just takes me to our annual passes. My brother and his family are staying at riverside the same time. I told my sister in law to log in and see if she can get it. I will let you know when I hear from her.
Old 08-15-2013, 07:36 PM   #89
MightyGitis
Jedi

We spoke to a CM today who actually listed what hotels were being tested for September. They are as follows:
Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo only)
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Art of Animation
Polynesian
Contemporary
Port Orleans Riverside

She said she literally just got the list today and when asked if more hotels would come online in September she did not sound hopeful.

So I guess that is that.
Old 08-15-2013, 08:01 PM   #90
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

Dangit I am ariving in 35 days to wilderness lodge

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: