Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-31-2013, 09:17 AM   #271
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Ok...so....I picked our fastpass+, got the invite for testing magic bands yesterday, but when I click on manage magic bands it takes me to a page talking about linking tickets?! We have to customize them by Sept 5th. What gives?! We purchased a vacation package & everything is linked?!
blair_ranea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 08:16 PM   #272
masdisney
Earning My Ears

magicbands

I received my letter in the mail to test the bands on our next visit on Sept 14 thru 17th. My reservation was already attached to bands. Had some trouble putting tickets on, got mine done but having trouble with daughter's. I am able to book fast passes on my band but not daughter's. Spoke to Disney It dept and they are working to fix daughter's band. Can't wait to try it out.
masdisney is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-01-2013, 02:19 PM   #273
mrsmouse1960
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sperkins921 View Post
So my cruise group over on FB has sent me to query the group. There seems to be a number of people staying at BLT (on the cruise group) who can't get them to show up on their account, and since I saw that the Contemporary was on the list of test resorts for Sept- I was wondering if anyone here is actually at BLT in September and got MB's????
Still trying to figure that out too. We are checking in BLT on 9/20. Half our group has ordered tickets for p/u upon arrival. Two off us are getting APs, but haven't ordered them yet. Haven't seen anything in MDE yet. Hope is comes through soon. Would love to get the bands and test them.
mrsmouse1960 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 02:48 PM   #274
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Bay Lake Tower is not a test resort for September.
Old 09-01-2013, 02:54 PM   #275
blair_ranea
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MightyGitis View Post
We spoke to a CM today who actually listed what hotels were being tested for September. They are as follows:
Pop Century
Animal Kingdom Lodge (Jambo only)
Yacht Club
Beach Club
Art of Animation
Polynesian
Contemporary
Port Orleans Riverside

She said she literally just got the list today and when asked if more hotels would come online in September she did not sound hopeful.

So I guess that is that.
Here are the testing resorts for September.
Old 09-02-2013, 04:46 AM   #276
wreck99
Earning My Ears

Gonna be in SSR on 10/27-11/3

Here's hoping to be picked! Already have our APs linked to the MDE account. Even did the online check-in just in case that helps. 54 days out! Can't wait!

March 2013 - Art of Animation (1st Disney Trip)
October 2013 - Saratoga Springs (1st DVC Trip)
March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge (No Kids!)
September 2014 - Animal Kingdom Kidani Village

Proud DVC Owner at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa!

wreck99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 08:35 AM   #277
PACVII
Mouseketeer

Here now and have to say magic bands as with most over hyped. Sure they are cool but really you use for purchases and park admission. Sure one day will be more interactive. The fast pass system is just ok. Most options are spread out so if your planing on a half day or to speed up your day not so much. The old system works better if you know what your doing. Our options ended up being so spread out did not use a few. The be our guest email was a nice option and did the for lunch. Oh and we have a fridge. In riverside they upgraded us to a princess room. Not that it's an upgrade just more of a walk to the ole mill. Lol.
PACVII is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:34 AM   #278
DrivnMeUpTheWall-E
Earning My Gears

Quote:
Originally Posted by PACVII View Post
Here now and have to say magic bands as with most over hyped. Sure they are cool but really you use for purchases and park admission. Sure one day will be more interactive. The fast pass system is just ok. Most options are spread out so if your planing on a half day or to speed up your day not so much. The old system works better if you know what your doing. Our options ended up being so spread out did not use a few. The be our guest email was a nice option and did the for lunch. Oh and we have a fridge. In riverside they upgraded us to a princess room. Not that it's an upgrade just more of a walk to the ole mill. Lol.
The more Disney has the direct ability to control crowd flow, the better it is for everyone. This is their way of taking systematic flow control of the guests. You may not even see the impact on a guest level, but this is BIG.

DrivnMeUpTheWall-E is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:37 PM   #279
Cscmurphy
Earning My Ears

If I linked my tickets to my magic bands already, do I still have to pick up my tickets at will-call?
Cscmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 09:45 PM   #280
IntoTheLight
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscmurphy View Post
If I linked my tickets to my magic bands already, do I still have to pick up my tickets at will-call?
Good question! I just assumed the bands were my new tickets!
Old 09-03-2013, 07:14 AM   #281
afrabuck
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cscmurphy View Post
I'd still pick up my tickets at will call. Being this is still testing it is possible you may run into a few bumps. This way if you get to a park and the bands don't work for whatever reason you will have your physical tickets as a back up.
afrabuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 09:06 AM   #282
jkatzz
Earning My Ears

I actually changed hotels to be able to participate. Wanted to try something new since we have been to the parks many times. We are going at the end of October, and when I swtiched from ASMu to POP, I made sure that we would be getting the magic bands and she said Oh yes, that is part of the test. Very happy we did, gave me something to do over the weekend and planned it all out! So excited!
Oct 13' - WDW Pop
May 13'- Disney Fantasy
Oct 12' - WDW AOA
April 11' - WDW 1 day while on NCL Cruise
Jan 10' - WDW Pop

Keep up with me at:
http://mamabearsmusings.weebly.com/
jkatzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 07:41 PM   #283
Noerdax
Earning My Ears

I'm going to POR for my honeymoon at the end of September and I have been able to customize my Magic Band 26 days in advance.
But I'm Canadian so I will only get them at the resort.
I have also been picking fastpass+ for attraction
I haven't been able to get any Be Our Guest Fastpass+
Old 09-03-2013, 07:57 PM   #284
BuddyThomas
Mouseketeer

I got picked for this. I customized the bands, but why do they have to mail them to me? Why can't I just get them at the resort? I have not bought my theme park tickets yet so it doesn't let me reserve fast pass plus, so it all seems fairly useless, unless I'm missing something.
BuddyThomas is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2013, 08:55 PM   #285
Vivilove
Mouseketeer

How to pack Magic Bands? And should I put them in my purse/carry on luggage or send it through the belt?

Vivilove is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: