Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-25-2013, 11:52 AM   #256
shoes99
DIS Veteran

I updated my disney experience with my split stays, room only, and added only my old 10 day hoppers with days left. I only picked FP+ for the days I am going to use a hopper. On days 1 and 4 I am going to use base tickets that have days left and are not attached to our magic bands.
The website shows that I have hoppersfor me and DH and they also show a 2 day base for DH that was from my original FD reservation that I changed to room only. Good news is that my magic bands for our stay at POR-Riverside are on the way for our 9/12/13 post cruise checkin. I'll just have to remember to use my base paper tickets if we are not hopping.
Michele

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 09:31 PM   #257
Jenmia
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT826 View Post
I'm confused. I'm 21 days out and customized my bands yesterday. That is within the 30 day window everyone else is saying you can't customize. It didn't say anything about view many days left I had to customize. Didn't receive an email or anything confirming them, I hope we get them before our trip. Makes me nervous with people saying the last day to customize is 30 days out.
I'm 21 days out from our trip. I customized our Magic Bands last night. It said online it had to be done At least 10 days before your trip. It also said if its too close they will have your customized bands at your hotel as long as it was done before the 10 days.
Jenmia is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-25-2013, 10:45 PM   #258
readyforears
Earning My Ears

Smile Fastpass and fastpass+

We are going to Disney world for the first time in two weeks!!! (so excited) I have been to Disneyland and used fastpass many years ago and that was not a problem. Someone had said that you can still use fastpass with the fastpass+. Does anyone know if this is still the case? And how the heck are you suppose to pick what you want to do and when, before going to the park?? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. We go Sept 10 to 15. Thank you!
readyforears is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 11:43 PM   #259
thegib95
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningRyan View Post
We just changed our reservations to POP, we are arriving on October 31st, last day of the new testing period for Magic Bands, but we can't do anything with FastPass+ or Magic Bands on the website. Our tickets for our trip seem to be listed incorrectly on the site, both my wife and I are supposed to have 9 Day Magic Your Way Tickets, but the site lists 2 tickets under my name, one for 9 days and one for 8 days. Something is screwy on the site for us. Anyone else encounter this or have any tips? We want to customize bands and do our FastPass+!!!
My guess is the tickets will correct themselves as time gets closer. There's some errors in how mine show up and it's different on site vs app...

The bands and FP+ may just be a matter of time you have what 64 or 65 days. I wouldn't fret yet... We get to end of September you might question but as time is going on the window is extending but the plan has always been 60 days for FP+. Being your ressie starts on 31st it will open up as November rolls out my guess....

The plan as I have been told by some MDE cast members is to keep adding resorts to ones listed, so you should have no issues being at pop!

Me DW DD (1.4.11)

Trips: 1982: Mom's Belly | 1992-CB | 1997-PO | 1998-BWV | Summer 1999-BWV | Christmas 1999- BWV | Summer 2001-BW | Summer 2002-YC | Spring 2005-BCV | March 2010- POFQ
September 2012 -- BCV |December 2013-AKL |September 2014-AKL

thegib95 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 10:52 AM   #260
makochibi
Earning My Ears

30 days!!! And our magic bands are now being customized and will be ready to ship soon! Can't wait to get them in the mail!

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: WDW 9/2013 (bday trip)

makochibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:33 PM   #261
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

Quote:
Originally Posted by GrimGrinningRyan View Post
We just changed our reservations to POP, we are arriving on October 31st, last day of the new testing period for Magic Bands, but we can't do anything with FastPass+ or Magic Bands on the website. Our tickets for our trip seem to be listed incorrectly on the site, both my wife and I are supposed to have 9 Day Magic Your Way Tickets, but the site lists 2 tickets under my name, one for 9 days and one for 8 days. Something is screwy on the site for us. Anyone else encounter this or have any tips? We want to customize bands and do our FastPass+!!!
I had that same issue when I added the voucher to our account with MDE. Both the AP vouchers were listed under my name. There was a link of some sort that I clicked on that let me reassign one of the passes to my DH though. I can't remember what it said exactly, but it was on that page and the jist was something like 'reassign tickets' or something. It will tell you on the next page your choices for who the ticket can be assigned to as well as warn you that it can't be undone. I think it warns you twice- once on the page, and once as a popup. I would try to fix this before you do your MB's, if you could.

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 12:39 PM   #262
sperkins921
Why's the Rum always gone???

I got the email a few days ago inviting me to use the MDE page to customize MB's and sign up for FP+'s. For those wondering or keeping track of the timeline:

FP+ reservation ability: ~30 days prior to the trip
MB customization ability: ~25-20 days prior to the trip (had to redo online check in for it to pop up)
Email inviting us to sign up for FP+ and MB's: 17 days exactly prior to the trip
(note: the MB's were already in hand when this email was sent)

I am and was able to make FP+ reservations outside of my stay at the BCV - I have a BLT and BWV endcapping a trip on the Fantasy that is seperate from my BCV stay for the pin/villian event- but we will see if those FP's actually work. I do have AP's so that's probably why I'm able to book.

Also, I was able to book the BOG lunch for the first two stays (BCV and BLT) but not for BWV, which is check in on the 28th- the website says there are no times available past 9/26. I don't know if they will extend the BOG FP+ with the rest of the test.

You guys say it's all about the mouse, I say it's all about the toy spaceman
sperkins921 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 01:38 PM   #263
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

I have never received an e-mail but 65 days before the trip we have been able to customize our Magicbands and 60 days from the trip we have been able to select our Fastpass+ (and also make the Early check-in).
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:15 PM   #264
KateKobs
Earning My Ears

We are staying at AKL on Sept 18-22. I was able to make our FP+ selections and see "manage my bands" but any time I go to customize them, the website crashes. Any idea what gives?
KateKobs is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 03:36 PM   #265
msylvester01
OCD on WDW

So i have a question. For those that have received the notice to update your MagicBands..do you already have your tickets logged into the site? For example I have my hotel and other reservations loaded but nothing for tickets yet (waiting on them to be mailed). Just curious if that has anything to do with who is selected and who isnt.

I am staying at SSR and I doubt I will be included anyways (sad panda) but still..curious.

Thanks!!!

Me (Marie) , DF (The Bruce)
msylvester01 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 07:47 PM   #266
Cscmurphy
Earning My Ears

I had to wait until I linked my tickets in order to activate magic bands and fastpass+. I chose to pick up at resort do I was emailed the confirmation number and linked them right away.
Cscmurphy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-28-2013, 08:03 PM   #267
Lockandbayb
LockandBayb

Thumbs up magic bands invite

We are checking into Port Orleans River Side on 9/10/13, we got our MB invite on Monday, I registered yesterday, and received our bands today.
Old 08-29-2013, 02:26 AM   #268
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

i have a question i booked one night at akl jambo and ordered our magic bands but than we stay at wilderness for the next 8 days , if im not able to get to the day at akl how will my magic bands be activated?
Old 08-29-2013, 12:20 PM   #269
makochibi
Earning My Ears

Got our MB today!!! DD's will definately go down to kid size (she is almost 3). So excited to get to WDW and try these out. Only 29 more days till we are in WDW, 28 until we drive down.

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: WDW 9/2013 (bday trip)

makochibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-29-2013, 12:40 PM   #270
lilcoconut2906
Earning My Ears

got ours in today, had made a res at akl for the day before our trip but learned that you have to check in to have the bands activated so it looks like we re leaving a day early and hopefully i can activate everyones bands cause only 3 of us can go early.

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: