Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Rumors and News
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-23-2013, 04:40 PM   #241
shoes99
DIS Veteran

We are checking into POR-Riverside on 9/12 and I did my fastpasses last week, and ordered my personalized magicbands yesterday.

shoes99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 06:30 PM   #242
BWV Dreamin
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disjunky View Post
Staying at BLT on 22-27 and no info on bands yet. anyone here have any info about that. Im trying to find out if included.
The only deluxe resorts included for September are AKL (Jambo House only), BCV, Yacht Club.

BWV Dreamin is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-23-2013, 08:42 PM   #243
jerzeystar09
Earning My Ears

for those of you that have already ordered them, did the status in your MDE account change after you customized them? Did you receive notification that they shipped?
jerzeystar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2013, 10:10 PM   #244
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Booked our room at POP on Thurs (Aug 20) for next Friday with the option to pick colors (pink green) for our MB. We booked a room the same day (hour later) Thurs Aug 20 for Yacht Club for next Sat with the option to pick the colors and the box for those arrived yesterday but our ones for POP are still saying they are customized already and will be shipped to the confirmed address or resort and have not shipped. Anyone else's saying that? Can we assume they will be sent to POP or should we just expect to get the grey ones? Thanks for the help!
Old 08-23-2013, 10:13 PM   #245
TinkerbellLuvr7
Tinkerbellluvr7

Quote:
Originally Posted by jerzeystar09 View Post
for those of you that have already ordered them, did the status in your MDE account change after you customized them? Did you receive notification that they shipped?
It will. It will say your order has been shipped and give you a tracking number. They are overnighted by UPS. I also got an email with the same info. As soon as they ship you can't go back and modify them. They will also appear on your magic bands/room keys page as the colors you picked.

I ordered my ones for POP on Tuesday for check-in next Friday and they say customized but haven't shipped. My ones for Yacht also ordered Tues for check-in next Saturday arrived yesterday.

They were ordered Tues, customized, mailed Wed and were delivered by UPS guaranteed by 12pm Thurs (it said that on UPS tracking..that was not a request from me), and were delivered at 11:35am to my apt office.
Old 08-24-2013, 07:07 AM   #246
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Hi! Our trip isn't until October 18th - I logged on last night with my fingers crossed and we could customize! At 56 days out! DH and I are stating at BC, my parents at YC and brother and girlfriend at POR. All of us were able to customize and book FP+
I couldn't believe it was available so soon! I'm assuming now though I'll have to wait the 26 days until customization ends before receiving them
Good luck out there!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:04 AM   #247
jerzeystar09
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DisneyLover0610 View Post
Hi! Our trip isn't until October 18th - I logged on last night with my fingers crossed and we could customize! At 56 days out! DH and I are stating at BC, my parents at YC and brother and girlfriend at POR. All of us were able to customize and book FP+
I couldn't believe it was available so soon! I'm assuming now though I'll have to wait the 26 days until customization ends before receiving them
Good luck out there!
That's what I was wondering, if the full customization window will pass before they ship then
jerzeystar09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 08:40 AM   #248
makochibi
Earning My Ears

Yes, you will have to wait for the full customization window, which looks like it will end at 30 before your arrival date. I have 3 days left on mine to customize (arriving 9/27).

This info was posted on another Disney group I am in, which explains why Oct. is opening up:

http://www.doctordisney.com/2013/08/...couple-months/

Guests that will be taking part in the next round of tests will have to arrive at their WDW Resort between the dates of Sept. 3, 2013, and Oct. 31, 2013.

New resorts that will join the MyMagic+ testing beginning in Sept.:

Art of Animation Resort
Beach Club Resort and Villas
Polynesian Resort
Port Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas

Other resorts that were already in testing phases:

Pop Century Resort
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
Yacht Club Resort

Me: WDW 1998-off site and WDW 2001-off site
DH: 3-5 trips to DL as a kid
DD: WDW 9/2013 (bday trip)

makochibi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2013, 10:59 AM   #249
DisneyLover0610
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by makochibi View Post
Yes, you will have to wait for the full customization window, which looks like it will end at 30 before your arrival date. I have 3 days left on mine to customize (arriving 9/27).

This info was posted on another Disney group I am in, which explains why Oct. is opening up:

http://www.doctordisney.com/2013/08/...couple-months/

Guests that will be taking part in the next round of tests will have to arrive at their WDW Resort between the dates of Sept. 3, 2013, and Oct. 31, 2013.

New resorts that will join the MyMagic+ testing beginning in Sept.:

Art of Animation Resort
Beach Club Resort and Villas
Polynesian Resort
Port Orleans Riverside
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House Villas

Other resorts that were already in testing phases:

Pop Century Resort
Contemporary Resort
Animal Kingdom Lodge Jambo House
Yacht Club Resort

Awesome! Thanks!
'83, '85, '92, '99, '03, '05, '06, '08 - Engagement Extravaganza, '10 - Honeymoon with Family & Friends, '11 - "Real" Honeymoon/Anniversary, '12 - Flower & Garden with Mom, '12 - Just Because, '13 - Surprise Day Trip for Husband's Bday, '13 - Our First CL Experience! Beach Club, '14 - Flower & Garden with Mom AND Dad!
October 2014 - We Can't Stay Away

DisneyLover0610 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 07:07 AM   #250
mevelandry
DIS Veteran

At 63 days from our trip, we have been able to customize our magic bands (love the choice of colors). We couldn't pick our Fast Pass + yet but we'll be patient.

Do they ship in Canada or do we have to pick-up our magic bands at check-in?

Last edited by mevelandry; 08-25-2013 at 07:12 AM.
mevelandry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:03 AM   #251
AMT826
Earning My Ears

I'm confused. I'm 21 days out and customized my bands yesterday. That is within the 30 day window everyone else is saying you can't customize. It didn't say anything about view many days left I had to customize. Didn't receive an email or anything confirming them, I hope we get them before our trip. Makes me nervous with people saying the last day to customize is 30 days out.
AMT826 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:07 AM   #252
chasadchick
chasadchick

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMT826
I'm confused. I'm 21 days out and customized my bands yesterday. That is within the 30 day window everyone else is saying you can't customize. It didn't say anything about view many days left I had to customize. Didn't receive an email or anything confirming them, I hope we get them before our trip. Makes me nervous with people saying the last day to customize is 30 days out.
You'll get them, we did ours at 19 days and got them at 17
chasadchick is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:18 AM   #253
disneyobessed
DIS Veteran

Question about the bands... we are not going until Aug 14 but Im assuming these MBs will be in force... .

we are doing a possible 3 resort split stay. Will we have 3 seperate bands for each resort? Im hoping they can tie all reservations onto 1 band.

MeDHDSDS
DD Mia
disneyobessed is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 08:23 AM   #254
firefightermouae
Earning My Ears

We are staying @ pop century on September 21st, using the military tickets? Will we be able to use magic bands if and when it becomes available since when didn't purchase our tickets through WDW?
firefightermouae is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-25-2013, 10:39 AM   #255
GrimGrinningRyan
Earning My Ears

We just changed our reservations to POP, we are arriving on October 31st, last day of the new testing period for Magic Bands, but we can't do anything with FastPass+ or Magic Bands on the website. Our tickets for our trip seem to be listed incorrectly on the site, both my wife and I are supposed to have 9 Day Magic Your Way Tickets, but the site lists 2 tickets under my name, one for 9 days and one for 8 days. Something is screwy on the site for us. Anyone else encounter this or have any tips? We want to customize bands and do our FastPass+!!!
GrimGrinningRyan is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: