Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 10:20 PM   #16
jimsubry
Mouseketeer

We're doing our first Disney cruise and just found it easy to do everything through their website. OK, so the airfare amounted to about $700 per person for us, r/t from the pacific coast to Orlando, but I like the arrival time (I did look up flights through the same airline out of curiosity but the cheap ones would have us landing at near midnight, or flying all night, with one or two stops.) We have one stop, get there at a reasonable time the day before, are put up at the airport Hyatt, get free ground transfers to and from the port - all in all, I don't think we were taken too much.
jimsubry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 04:39 AM   #17
mwins78
Mouseketeer

Disney wanted to charge me 647 rt from Hartford Connecticut to Orlando about a three hour flight. I found southwest 238 rt no stops I could fly three times with what Disney was charging me!!!

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
mwins78 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #18
Monorail Bob's dd
DIS Veteran

There is one reason to book through DCL no one has mentioned. If you have DCL insurance, it only covers your flights if they are booked through DCL. If you book flights on your own, DCL insurance will not cover them.

Poly - '80, '84, '91, CR - '87, '88, BW Villas - '97, POFQ - '07, Marriott Grand Vista - '09, CSR - '10
BWI CL - '11, Yacht Club - '12, AKL - March, 2013, Poly - August, 2013
Monorail Bob's dd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 10:56 AM   #19
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Monorail Bob's dd View Post
There is one reason to book through DCL no one has mentioned. If you have DCL insurance, it only covers your flights if they are booked through DCL. If you book flights on your own, DCL insurance will not cover them.
Which leads to the next pertinent question... Why, if you are buying trip insurance, would you buy Disney's when there are many other lower cost / more coverage plans out there. And sorry, I really don't have any smart a$$ answers to this question. I am sure that there are many very good and valid reasons to buy Disney Vacation Protection Plan. I have not every had to use any travel insurance that I have purchased.
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:59 AM   #20
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrabbit View Post
Which leads to the next pertinent question... Why, if you are buying trip insurance, would you buy Disney's when there are many other lower cost / more coverage plans out there. And sorry, I really don't have any smart a$$ answers to this question. I am sure that there are many very good and valid reasons to buy Disney Vacation Protection Plan. I have not every had to use any travel insurance that I have purchased.
I agree that 3rd party insurance is generally a better buy (cost and coverage is usually better).

That being said, I will point out, that if you book DCL insurance, and need to cancel, they will usually let you transfer any monies that aren't covered to a new cruise.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 12:17 PM   #21
DCL Repeaters
DCL addicts

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
I agree that 3rd party insurance is generally a better buy (cost and coverage is usually better).

That being said, I will point out, that if you book DCL insurance, and need to cancel, they will usually let you transfer any monies that aren't covered to a new cruise.
And may I add that you can cancel for any reason.
DCL Repeaters is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: