Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 04:11 PM   #31
Yokelridesagain
Mouseketeer

I usually take the stairs on the ship and notice it most when going up or down stairs on land after getting off.
Yokelridesagain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:22 PM   #32
sambycat
DIS Veteran

After our last cruise (8 days), I had it for nearly a month I didn't feel sick though, just the movement.

sambycat is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 04:28 PM   #33
jrabbit
DIS Veteran

Should have sailed in the Caribbean - I have always said that the Tower Of Terror at Disney Studios does wonders for the post cruise wobblies!!
jrabbit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2013, 11:56 PM   #34
sletcr
Earning My Ears

I have gotten that also after both Mexican Riviera cruises aboard the Wonder. Feel like everything is moving for a good day or two once getting off. By the way, how was the rocking/motion on your Alaska cruise? We are going on the 19th of August and I'm a bit worried about how rocky it'll be getting to Tracy Arm!
sletcr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:04 AM   #35
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by sletcr View Post
I have gotten that also after both Mexican Riviera cruises aboard the Wonder. Feel like everything is moving for a good day or two once getting off. By the way, how was the rocking/motion on your Alaska cruise? We are going on the 19th of August and I'm a bit worried about how rocky it'll be getting to Tracy Arm!
Much of the Alaskan cruise has land on both sides, so it's much smoother than the Mexican Riviera cruises. If the DCL cruises went all the way to Seward you might feel some rockin and rollin across the Gulf of Alaska, but the route DCL takes is pretty tame.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:43 AM   #36
wishuponastarforever
I just love coming here and visiting with you

I experienced this once. It turned out I had an ear infection. The funniest after cruise experience was when a coworker returned from her cruise and fell completely off her chair.

Always planning for the next trip
wishuponastarforever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 12:48 PM   #37
Disney Dreams
Proudly afflicted with TDMA!
Major pin collector in denial

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosstrinity View Post
We debarked the Wonder yesterday morning in Vancouver. The Alaskan cruise was our first cruise and seemed very smooth to us. We had felt the movement of the ship but felt no need for Dramamine or any other type of seasick remedy. However, as the day has progressed today all 3 of us have felt VERY tired and felt like the room is moving!

What could be going on? Has anyone else ever experienced this? How long could it last?
I wear the patch while cruising and get ZERO seasick issues. Once off the ship, I get motion issues for anywhere from 5 days to two weeks (after a one week cruise). It WILL eventually go away, but somedays you will truly wonder.

- Dreams

Disney Dreams is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 01:28 PM   #38
expeditioneverestgrl
DIS Veteran

We always feel like the room is moving after but just relax and adjust!
Old 08-15-2013, 06:20 PM   #39
jrosstrinity
Earning My Ears

I am the original poster and, although my symptoms have gotten much better, they are not gone completely. The dizziness seems to occur when I turn my head quickly.

At first I really did think I was either imagining it or was really ill with something. Thanks again for all of your responses!
jrosstrinity is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 09:03 PM   #40
wishing4PA
Wants to be in Pennsylvania or WDW or PA or WDW or ... and stuck smack dab in the middle!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jrosstrinity
I am the original poster and, although my symptoms have gotten much better, they are not gone completely. The dizziness seems to occur when I turn my head quickly.

At first I really did think I was either imagining it or was really ill with something. Thanks again for all of your responses!
Good to hear! (but if it persists please do mention it to your doctor or physical therapist. )
* 7/2013 (YC with DD), 1/2012 (Poly - me, DD, DN, DN, DSis, thanks! ), 7/2010 (FW - the Poly5+Mom), 2/2009 (DD4 & DH's 1st visit! ASMo), Day trip ~1990, Overnight "Jazz Night" with HS band (1978?), ~10 Day trips in 1970's-80's (E tickets!)
* Disney World Preview Center (1970?) An amusement park here, in the middle of nowhere, far from the beaches, nowhere near anything, even dinky little Orlando? That'll never fly!
wishing4PA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:15 PM   #41
kimjenn
Earning My Ears

OP, We were on your same cruise and I am still feeling the movement. Usually in the shower and even while laying in bed. I do remember experiencing this after previous cruises but I had totally forgotten. Hope you feel better soon!

PS Wasn't Tracy Arm the most beautiful day?
kimjenn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-15-2013, 10:50 PM   #42
klr6773
Mouseketeer

So hypothetically, if post cruise bonine helps,would wearing the seabands for a few days after the cruise help as well? Wondering if my family may "feel it" more after this upcoming sailing since we're doing 3 days at sea...

RCCL "Nordic Empress" '96 & '97 Bahamas x2
Celebrity "Mercury" '99 Western
Celebrity "Zenith" '04 Bermuda
Disney"Wonder" '08 4N Sea/3n land (POFQ)
Disney "Fantasy" '13 Eastern
klr6773 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 09:22 AM   #43
Spacedog1975
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wishing4PA View Post
I kind of like that feeling, too, especially when I'm back in my own (normally stationary) bed and it rocks me to sleep.
Oops, just re-read the PP. I would not like it at all if I felt nauseated. I just feel like I'm still on the ship and it is gently swaying. No nausea.

And as for walking, I just consider it getting my land legs back.
We're looking at a cruise next year, and I wonder if I'll have this experience. I'm big into roller coasters, and am always happiest when that night in bed I have that feeling of motion continued. I can only guess that this suggests I shouldn't have issues at sea or after, if anything they should be feelings that I enjoy or adapt to.

Much like the blizzard @ my folks house a few years ago where the house swayed back and forth. The rest of the family was up and agitated, and I slept like a baby.
Spacedog1975 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: