Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 12:54 PM   #31
hubbard53
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by MND View Post
Unless PrincessShmoo is on board monitoring what we do with the booze we bring on board, it's cool to wander the ship with your homemade cocktail, glass of wine, or beer.

Mike
perhaps this could be another task of the "High Brow Vigilante" between patrolling the MDR for inappropriate clothing
hubbard53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:04 PM   #32
tinkandonaldfans
DIS Veteran

Thanks for all the responses! Our cocktails would be for the room, so no rules broken! I love the idea of the punch, rum and ice cream mix!

Our Disney Wedding Planning Journal
http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=2346010
tinkandonaldfans is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 01:29 PM   #33
TwinPrincessMermaids
DIS Veteran

I used my DCL souvenir colored cup and took it everywhere with me. We never carried bottles or anything more than by the glass. Its no more conspicuous then buying a drink to take around the ship with you (which I did the first time I got the souvenir cup.)

If you aren't sitting on deck with a 6 pack, no one will mind, just use common sense and be mindful of others.
~05/14 DCL Magic Castaway Cay, WDW & SeaWorld Anniversary Mermaid trip ~ 04/13 DCL Dream & WDW ~ 02/13 CCL Dream V.I.s & WDW ~ 02/12 CCL Conquest Jamaica & Grand Cayman ~ 02/11 CCL Triumph Roatan ~ 09/08 Saratoga Springs WDW ~ 01/07 CCL Holiday Costa Maya~ 11/05 WDW ~ 10/04 Hurricane Ivan Getaway at WDW ~ 12/02 RCCL Legend OTS Hawaii ~ 01/02 WDW, Universal, SeaWorld ~ 6/00 Renais. CL Barcelona - Portugal ~ 99 RCCL Grandeur OTS East Carib.~ 93 RCCL Sovereign OTS East Carib. ~ Many previous family WDW trips~
TwinPrincessMermaids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 01:38 PM   #34
cyndisun
Queen of the Split Stay

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
At the risk of the huge backlash I'm sure will ensue, I will point out that any alcohol brought onboard by guests must be consumed in the privacy of their room. Not in public areas.

Alcohol is permitted on board. However, be aware that any fragile items (including bottled alcohol) must be hand-carried on board in a day bag and/or carry-on bag, the dimensions of which cannot exceed 22" wide, 14" high and 9" deep. Alcohol brought on board may not be consumed in any lounge or public area. Guests who arrive in the dining room with a bottle of champagne or wine that has been brought on board will be charged a corking fee of $20.00 per bottle.
https://disneycruise.disney.go.com/p...age-containers
I guess I've never really thought about it before, but if you purchase an alcoholic drink onboard you can walk around with it, can't you? I'm not complaining about the "consume your carry-on liquor in your room" rule, I'm just wondering why you can't have it out on the deck. I can see why they don't want you taking it into a bar or lounge. Just wondering.
Old 08-07-2013, 01:59 PM   #35
gr8estg8r
Earning My Ears

get two big cups Fill one with Rum from the room the other fill with soda from the soda station. Get two straws and drink from each cup at the same time. no need to go back to the room. Not like you could even get back to your room if you tried!
gr8estg8r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:36 PM   #36
crisi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cyndisun View Post
I guess I've never really thought about it before, but if you purchase an alcoholic drink onboard you can walk around with it, can't you? I'm not complaining about the "consume your carry-on liquor in your room" rule, I'm just wondering why you can't have it out on the deck. I can see why they don't want you taking it into a bar or lounge. Just wondering.
Because they sell it - and make a LOT of money on it. That's basically what it comes down to. The other reason is the glass thing. Cups and beer bottles onboard (outside of the dining rooms and lounges) are plastic.
crisi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:45 PM   #37
PoohJen
Willing to share a Mickey Bar?
I brought it with me everywhere on my Disney cruise
Quick, get to the hammock!- Castaway Cay

Quote:
Originally Posted by pershing View Post
Brought a bottle of Coconut Rum aboard last time and used it with the following.

1/2 cup filled with Hi-C punch from drink station
1/4 cup filled with banana/strawberry mix ice cream.
Add Rum to taste and stir with straw until well mixed

Voila! Instant Frozen Drink!
aahhhhh....I'm dying here....I love tropi-coconutty things!
MNSSHP '04, '05, '06 MVMCP '07 and a few All Star quickies DCL Magic Nov '04 Eastern Trip Report Magic Wstrn Dbl Dip Aug '06 Trip Report, Wonder Dec '07 Trip Report Magic Dble Dip Aug '09 Trip Report Wonder Feb '10 DCL Dream July '11, Aug '13
PoohJen is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:12 PM   #38
ArmandXG
The Great Baldini: Master of Time, Space and the Infinite Universe

I'm on vacation so I'm gonna drink ;)

I brought a bottle of Bailey's Irish Cream and the tiny bottles of Captain Morgan's spiced rum on board. I brought 2 bottles of the rum to the dining room every night and put them in my coke. The CM's never said a word! During the day, I would walk around with a cup of Bailey's. You could usually find me on Deck 4 in a lounge chair with a drink in hand! In the evenings before dinner, we would go to the lounge where I would have a very large chocolate martini. I was feeling quite happy by the time we got to the dinner table! As long as you are not sloppy drunk and making a fool of yourself as if you were on Carnival cruise lines , nobody is going to say anything to you. Enjoy your liquor but be responsible. After all, it is a family ship!
Oct. 1990 WDW honeymoon, off site; Oct. 2000 WDW 10th anniversary, P.O. FQ; Nov. 2002 WDW Nephew's B-day, Allstar Movies Dalmation; Dec. 2004 WDW 14th (and X-mas) P.O. Riverside; Oct. 2006 DCL Magic 16th Anniversary, 1st cruise; Dec. 2008 DCL Wonder pre-X-mas and Parent's 1st cruise; Dec. 2010 WDW Secret trip and 20th anniversary,CSR; Oct 2012 WDW 22nd Anniversary (and Halloween), CBR. Oct.2013DCL Fantasy, 23rd anniversary
ArmandXG is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:48 PM   #39
FiveForFun
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueZQ5 View Post
What does everybody do about cups? I really don't want to walk around the boat with a red plastic cup=tacky??
we just buy the sport bottles and drink out of those when not in our rooms
FiveForFun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:25 PM   #40
wickedpixie13
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by FiveForFun

we just buy the sport bottles and drink out of those when not in our rooms
We use plastic tumblers. Sorta like the Tervis stuff.

Previous DCL cruises
Wonder: Alaska May 2011
Magic: Galveston November 2012

RunDisney:
Tinkerbell Half Marathon 2014
wickedpixie13 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:26 PM   #41
carmie3377
Hi, I'm Carmen and I'm a Disneyholic.

Location: Exactly 983 miles from the Magic Kingdom and 1,541 from Disneyland

Quote:
Originally Posted by wickedpixie13 View Post

We use plastic tumblers. Sorta like the Tervis stuff.
Same here ;-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Aug/03 - 1st Trip DL Aug/04 - FW Cabins 1st trip WDW Jun/05 - WDW offsite Dec/06 - ASMo/OKW & MVMCP Jan/08 - POR BFF trip Sept-Oct/08 - AKV & MNSSHP Dec/09 - Pop*Disney Magic 7 nt Eastern w/ Tortola*Pop again Jan/11 - Disney Wonder 15 nt Panama Canal WB Nov/11 - Cor Spngs w/my honey Dec/11 - AKV Kidani w/ the kids Oct/12 - CR/Poly & MNSSHP Mar/13 - Disney Fantasy 7 nt Eastern w/San Juan May/13 - Disney Magic 6 nt Western w/my honey June/13 - SSR Girls Only Trip Sept/13 - Disneyland Paris w/my honey Oct/13 - BC & MNSSHP w/my honey

carmie3377 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 11:24 PM   #42
dzy76
It all started with two little girls in Disneyland 1976

Quote:
Originally Posted by carmie3377 View Post
Forgot to mention we also brought some whipped vodka. Awesome in coke floats and hot chocolate. Sounds like we stayed buzzed the entire time, lol. Except for on excursions, I guess we did. We were w/out kids and had our designated driver aka the captain! We can remember everything, never got sick, and never had trouble walking or talking so everything was all ok :-). Just a good buzz most of the time :-)

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
That is so awesome! We are going on the Fantasy next year for our 30th anniversary and my husband and I enjoy mixing our own, and looking forward to our verandah and drinks!

Dzy76

dzy76 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:44 AM   #43
Kitster
Crazy about Stitch

Two words ..... Bubba Keg

Disney Wonder: 11/2002; 11/2004; 11/2005; 9/2006; 9/2009
Disney Magic: 12/2010 (B2B Christmas cruise)
Celebrity Millenium (Alaska): 6/2011
Disney Fantasy MV: 3/2012
Disney Dream: 10/2013 B2B
NCL Pride of America 7 night Hawaiian cruise then Disney's Aulani: 1/31 - 2/16/2015 (BD celebration)
Kitster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 01:51 AM   #44
Tifa
Mouseketeer

I will always suggest Sailor Jerry rum and coke. Tastes like spiked vanilla coke yum! I also recently found Jose Cuervo Watermelon Margherita and its tastes just like watermelon jolly ranchers! Yum! Plus it's already pre mixed so you just add ice. I plan on bringing a couple of those on our next cruise

Tifa is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 07:09 AM   #45
MND
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by SueZQ5 View Post
What does everybody do about cups? I really don't want to walk around the boat with a red plastic cup=tacky??
I use the glasses from my room, unless I'm on the pool deck then I use the red plastic ones. I know their small, but I get exercise by going back for refills.

Mike
MND is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: