Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-20-2013, 06:21 PM   #1
pixie*duster
Mouseketeer

TA Didn't Add My Castaway Club Number

I recently booked a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in May, 2014. I have received an e-mail, and now also regular mail from DCL saying "Thanks for booking your first cruise". Problem is, this will be my third DCL cruise. Won't this affect when I am able to begin booking shore excursions, etc.? Can I add the info on my reservation via the DCL site, or do I have to bug my TA to do it?

Disney Dream 2012
RC Oasis of the Seas July 2010
Disney Wonder July 2008
Carnival Imagination July 2006
Carnival Fascination July 2002
pixie*duster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #2
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*duster View Post
I recently booked a 7 night cruise on the Fantasy in May, 2014. I have received an e-mail, and now also regular mail from DCL saying "Thanks for booking your first cruise". Problem is, this will be my third DCL cruise. Won't this affect when I am able to begin booking shore excursions, etc.? Can I add the info on my reservation via the DCL site, or do I have to bug my TA to do it?
Is anyone on your reservation going for the first time? When we booked our 4th cruise (but first for DS), we receive the "first cruise" mailing.

You should be able to see on your online reservation whether it has you as a Silver member, or not. If not, I'd suggest calling DCL and clearing it up. I'm not sure whether that's something they will only talk to your TA about, but I would think not. If DCL says that your TA needs to call, then they have to do it.

Whenever we've booked direct with DCL, we've not had to enter our CC number anywhere, the system just "knew" our CC status.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 09-20-2013, 06:26 PM   #3
Feisty Fairy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by pixie*duster View Post
Contact your TA.
Old 09-21-2013, 03:04 AM   #4
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

My Costco phone-TA didn't add ours either, and that was actually the one thing I was able to do on my own. I had called Disney for some other reason and mentioned the issue just as a "you can't do this, right?" sort of thing, and she was able to do it. I didn't even get the impression it was some sort of exception she was making, just that THAT is something they can do even if you're dealing with a TA in general.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2013, 09:12 AM   #5
Fielhol
Mouseketeer

I just got the first cruise email as well. And this will be our second cruise. But we are travelling with another family that this is their first cruise. So I guess that's it
Old 09-29-2013, 07:18 PM   #6
pixie*duster
Mouseketeer

UPDATE: I contacted my TA, and he thought it was odd (since DCL typically automatically links CC numbers to new reservations) but he said he would get them added. I now see my reservation when I log into the DCL CC page under upcoming cruises (it wasn't there previously) and the date has changed when I can begin booking OB activities as well. Glad I checked!

Disney Dream 2012
RC Oasis of the Seas July 2010
Disney Wonder July 2008
Carnival Imagination July 2006
Carnival Fascination July 2002
pixie*duster is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: