Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-07-2013, 07:44 AM   #16
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by kerstfan1 View Post
if u booked the transfer true disney they will know most off the time u should arrive around 1 pm at the port
If we haven't heard anything I'll check at the hotel the night before

Another question on account payment - can we put a card down at Guest Services to avoid the cash limit issues, but pay off the balance in cash instead on the final night?

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #17
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by cris0809 View Post
The easiest way, by far, is to do a credit/debit card set up ahead of time. You can put different cards down for different people. If you are in the same stateroom it doesn't matter - you can still put down cash for her and card for you or whichever combination you want. They typically allow your stateroom charges to add up and charge your card at every $500.

If you pay by cash you have to put a minimum of $300 down but since you are on a pre-paid system it requires a bit of monitoring. A visit to guest services will give you a printout of current charges. I have also heard that they will call you if you are approaching your threshold, but it is ultimately your responsibility.
thanks for reply. I think I will add card to my acct now before we go. what about if I put my card on for the whole room, can my dd go and see what her charges are and pay just them at guest serv with her card , and the balance will just go on my card? if I remember reading somewhere, you can see the charges are to which person by which roomkey they used?
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-07-2013, 09:31 AM   #18
n8nally
DIS Veteran

If you put a card in during online check-in, is it charged anything at that point? When is it charged for the first time?

Or, is a hold put on it? Thinking about using my debit card as opposed to an actual credit card. Thoughts/experiences? For my online check-in I put cash, but still have time to change it. Or add a card at the port (correct?)

I've eaten at 148 out of 247 restaurants at Walt Disney World (60%)
I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)
I've eaten at 39 out of 73 table-service restaurants at Walt Disney World (53%)
I've eaten at 6 out of 18 signature restaurants at Walt Disney World (33%)
I've eaten at 2 out of 3 dinner show restaurants at Walt Disney World (67%)

n8nally is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #19
qits
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post
The transfer time is determined by DCL. They'll only pick up at each hotel one time, and you'll be given that info at the hotel. You still need to choose a port arrival time, the earlier the better, so you get an early boarding number, which will be given to you when you finish checking in at the terminal. After you get your boarding number, you sit around with hundreds of other passengers til DCL calls your boarding number.
I was told if I'm using the DCL shuttle I wont have to choose a port arrival time. When we arrive at the port we can just walk right on the ship?
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:32 AM   #20
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Edited above.

I've eaten at 56 out of 87 quick service/counter service restaurants at Walt Disney World (64%)

Old 08-07-2013, 11:30 AM   #21
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by qits View Post
I was told if I'm using the DCL shuttle I wont have to choose a port arrival time. When we arrive at the port we can just walk right on the ship?
If you arrive at the port on DCL transportation, you will be allowed to enter the terminal when you arrive, regardless of your PAT. BUT, your PAT is tied to the actual boarding number you get at checkin at the port. Earlier PAT = lower boarding number, later PAT = higher boarding number.

Used to be that DCL transfers would arrive, checkin and board when they got there, so didn't need a PAT. During that time you received your boarding number based on when you actually checked in.

That being said, on DCL transfers you generally arrive at the port (from WDW resorts) around 1:00-1:30. By that time, there are minimal (or no) lines. And Open Boarding has generally started. So, you will checkin upon arrival and board, most likely, directly after checking in.

13 Cruises, 8 ships, 124 nights
Panama Canal; Alaska; Med; WB Transatlantic; Mexican Riviera; Hawaii; Baja CA; Bahamas; Eastern/Western Caribbean

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008, 2014 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 10:44 PM   #22
n8nally
DIS Veteran

Bumping!

Old 08-08-2013, 11:04 AM   #23
qits
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessShmoo View Post
If you arrive at the port on DCL transportation, you will be allowed to enter the terminal when you arrive, regardless of your PAT. BUT, your PAT is tied to the actual boarding number you get at checkin at the port. Earlier PAT = lower boarding number, later PAT = higher boarding number.

Used to be that DCL transfers would arrive, checkin and board when they got there, so didn't need a PAT. During that time you received your boarding number based on when you actually checked in.

That being said, on DCL transfers you generally arrive at the port (from WDW resorts) around 1:00-1:30. By that time, there are minimal (or no) lines. And Open Boarding has generally started. So, you will checkin upon arrival and board, most likely, directly after checking in.
Thanks PrincessShmoo for clearing that up for me!
qits is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 11:29 AM   #24
liv908
Earning My Ears

If you have a DCL transfer from your hotel and your PAT is 12:30-1pm for instance. You already have priority to board according to DISNEY and may board before your PAT time, so get online once you reach the port. They cannot control what time your transfer pickup/dropoff is so they allow boarding. I found this out once by contacting the cruise line since I was concerned about hanging out at port and waiting for PAT time.

Happy Cruise!
liv908 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: