Ths DIS is a great place to ask Disney Cruise Line questions and share tips.
Dreams Unlimited Travel - The official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums Dreams Unlimited Travel - the official sponsor of the Disney Cruise Forums  

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Cruise Line > Disney Cruise Line Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:25 PM   #1
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Couple of DCL Online Check in Questions

Hi All,

Just need a little help completing online check in
  1. If I choose to pay my onboard credit account by cash, but know that the excursions booked will already exceed the $300 limit set by Disney, is this going to cause problems? Do I just need to put some cash down at Guest Services as soon as I board?
  2. What arrival time should I put in if I'm getting a DCL transfer from the Yacht Club?

Thanks!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:30 PM   #2
GoofyLovingFamily
Mouseketeer

Pick an early PAT since boarding number will be tied to that. You can be late for your boarding time. You can go to guest services and put cash or Disney Gift cards on your account. We do that every cruise.
GoofyLovingFamily is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 12:32 PM   #3
Dug720
SQUIRREL!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyLovingFamily View Post
Pick an early PAT since boarding number will be tied to that. You can be late for your boarding time. You can go to guest services and put cash or Disney Gift cards on your account. We do that every cruise.
As I understand it, you can also call ahead of time and apply Disney gift cards onto your account.
Old 08-06-2013, 12:33 PM   #4
meryll83

Quote:
Originally Posted by GoofyLovingFamily View Post
Thanks

I don't think I can actually pick the transfer time anywhere, nor was I provided with any when I added the transfers to the booking some time ago...

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 08-06-2013, 12:38 PM   #5
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
Thanks

I don't think I can actually pick the transfer time anywhere, nor was I provided with any when I added the transfers to the booking some time ago...
The transfer time is determined by DCL. They'll only pick up at each hotel one time, and you'll be given that info at the hotel. You still need to choose a port arrival time, the earlier the better, so you get an early boarding number, which will be given to you when you finish checking in at the terminal. After you get your boarding number, you sit around with hundreds of other passengers til DCL calls your boarding number.
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #6
PrincessShmoo
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks

The page for the Port Arrival Time will not "unlock" until you have filled in all the other blanks on the previous pages for checkin. You can use the defaults/correct info/gibberish/whatever, but it must be completely filled out. Then you select your PAT.

HAL Alaska 2009;2012;PC 2013Carnival Baja 2014
DCL Magic May 2008 Panama Canal WB, Sep 2010 Med/WB TransAtlantic,
DCL Wonder Oct & Dec 2011 Mexico, Oct 2012 Hawaii

DL too numerous to count WDW 1974, 1983, 1985, 1989, 1991, 1997, 2001, 2008 Tokyo DL 1984
PrincessShmoo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:39 PM   #7
Dawg91
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Thanks

I think the poster means for you to pick an early port arrival time if it is available when you do online check in for the cruise even though you don't know what time DCL transfers will actually get you to the port. You don't want to have wait at the port if you chose a late PAT and DCL happened to get you there significantly early.
Dawg91 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 12:46 PM   #8
meryll83

Thanks for the advice, I'll go with early and see what time the transfer is when confirmed (when exactly is this?)

(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 08-06-2013, 01:15 PM   #9
jdb in AZ
It could end up curdled

Quote:
Thanks for the advice, I'll go with early and see what time the transfer is when confirmed (when exactly is this?)
You'll receive a page of instructions at the hotel, telling you what time the luggage will be picked up (it travels separately on a truck) and what time you need to be in the hotel lobby to meet the cruise agent to go to the bus. Luggage is usually picked up around 8 a.m. Passengers are usually picked up between 11-11:30, but it depends on how many passengers are traveling from your hotel, and how many other stops the bus needs to make at other hotel(s).
jdb in AZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #10
meryll83

Quote:
Originally Posted by jdb in AZ View Post

You'll receive a page of instructions at the hotel, telling you what time the luggage will be picked up (it travels separately on a truck) and what time you need to be in the hotel lobby to meet the cruise agent to go to the bus. Luggage is usually picked up around 8 a.m. Passengers are usually picked up between 11-11:30, but it depends on how many passengers are traveling from your hotel, and how many other stops the bus needs to make at other hotel(s).
Thanks, I seem to remember getting something in the post last time we cruised (in 2009) but thought there seemed to be a lot more online info to plug in this time, so it seemed less likely anything at all would be posted now...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 08-07-2013, 01:02 AM   #11
meryll83

Just had a thought though - I didn't book the hotel and cruise as a package (hotel is through a travel agent, cruise I did direct myself) so will they know to send a letter to the hotel?

(Free Dining) & Dream

Old 08-07-2013, 01:46 AM   #12
bumbershoot
DIS Veteran

We booked our room at POR through hotels.com and booked DCL through a TA. We got in around 2am, then had one more night at the resort before we left, and while we didn't get info *given* to us, they knew the situation anyway. We just sort of fell through the cracks, but it was all fine b/c I got the information anyway. They came by to pick up our bags at right around 8am, they showed up on the ship, it all worked.

I don't think it was because of things being booked separately; I think it was just the silliness happening with the checkins last February (lots of things going wrong, info being missing from online checkin *at resorts*, room keys having to be remade over and over, etc) and the fact that we got in SO late.

DLR '05-'09 found within this link
DLR 7,9,12 2012 Universal Feb '12 DLR Dec '11 and Feb '12

Made weight goal 1yr8m8days after starting...currently working to maintain 85 lb loss thanks to Weight Watchers!
bumbershoot is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 04:33 AM   #13
ibcrazie4dizney
Mouseketeer

about the account part of question, I too wasn't sure about it. so I checked cash online. when we get on ship, should I go and put money on acct with credit or debit card?(think I am asking if you can use any form of payment or a combo of forms even though you check cash) or should I go back and check credit card? if you do credit card, how much do they reserve off your card? my dd and dgd will be with me and dd will be paying her own way but on same acct, so we have to figure out what each owes and will be paying separately. think this should be fairly easy but now I am getting confused.
Old 08-07-2013, 04:58 AM   #14
cris0809
Might be why the rum is always gone

The easiest way, by far, is to do a credit/debit card set up ahead of time. You can put different cards down for different people. If you are in the same stateroom it doesn't matter - you can still put down cash for her and card for you or whichever combination you want. They typically allow your stateroom charges to add up and charge your card at every $500.

If you pay by cash you have to put a minimum of $300 down but since you are on a pre-paid system it requires a bit of monitoring. A visit to guest services will give you a printout of current charges. I have also heard that they will call you if you are approaching your threshold, but it is ultimately your responsibility.
WDW: Lifelong Passholder DLR: 1st Visit Feb 08 DLRP: Oct 10 Aulani: May 12 DCL: Magic {Western/Double Dip} Nov 09 Wonder Jan 10, Wonder Aug 10, Wonder {Mexico} Feb 11, Dream {Birthday Trip!} Oct 11 Fantasy {Eastern} Oct 12 Dream Nov 12, Dream Dec 12, Wonder {Miami w/Castaway} Jan 13, Wonder {WBPC} May 13, Magic {Anniversary & Platinum!} Nov 13 Wonder {Miami w/Key West} Jan 14, Fantasy {Western} Mar 14, Fantasy {Eastern} May 14, Magic {Southern} Sept 14, Dream {Friends' Vow Renewal} Nov 14, Magic {Friends' Wedding} May 15

99 Days at Sea
cris0809 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 05:00 AM   #15
kerstfan1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Just had a thought though - I didn't book the hotel and cruise as a package (hotel is through a travel agent, cruise I did direct myself) so will they know to send a letter to the hotel?

if u booked the transfer true disney they will know most off the time u should arrive around 1 pm at the port

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: