Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 07:52 AM   #1
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Observation: Monsieur Paul Dress Code

Observation regarding Monsieur Paul Dress Code. We dined there early evening in late July.

While waiting to be seated another family checked in. There was a young adult male in the group wearing a tank top and a baseball cap on backwards. The hostess very quietly informed the guest that he need a sleeved shirt and the cap would have to go. The parents took it in stride and started looking in the backpack for a tshirt. Couldn't find one. He had to go purchase a shirt. He was not happy.

We were delighted that the Monsieur Paul staff insisted the dress code be enforced.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:59 AM   #2
Jennasis
It's a miracle! I stayed awake during the El Rio Del Tiempo ride!
Let's not even TOUCH the whole Dog vs. dawg vs. Dowg thing!
PLINKO baby!

Not that I disagree with enforcement, but its going to be mighty hard to enforce a dress code for a restaurant IN a park. I'm all for it though!
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 09:53 AM   #3
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

Good! The dress code information is available online (not sure if they give it verbally over the phone still. I know they did for Flying Fish on the last trip) so there is really no excuse NOT to follow it. I would be SO ecstatic if they got stricter with the dress codes for signature dining.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:57 AM   #4
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jennasis View Post
Not that I disagree with enforcement, but its going to be mighty hard to enforce a dress code for a restaurant IN a park. I'm all for it though!
Agreed!
Old 08-06-2013, 11:32 AM   #5
figment_jii
DIS Veteran

It's nice to know that Monsieur Paul has a dress code they're trying to enforce. However, I admit I'm a little surprised because previously the in-park Sigs (e.g., Hollywood Brown Derby, Le Cellier, Monsieur Paul) didn't have a dress code.

I see it clearly stated on the resort Sig webpages (e.g., Flying Fish), but don't see it on the in-park Sig pages yet. Hopefully it'll be listed soon.

The Monsieur Paul webpage I was looking at:
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/di...monsieur-paul/
figment_jii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:41 AM   #6
TDC Nala
1937, what a year that was
Diet Coke on Ice or Else
I apparently don't do anything they want to stimulate

DISboards Moderator

I'm not that surprised - unlike the other in-park signatures, Monsieur Paul is not operated by Disney. So maybe they will do things a little differently.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:54 AM   #7
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Yay!

Glad they are doing something about this at Monsieur Paul. Wish Disney would enforce the dress code at the Signature restaurants as well.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:58 AM   #8
OrangeCountyCommuter
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by redzinner View Post
Observation regarding Monsieur Paul Dress Code. We dined there early evening in late July.

While waiting to be seated another family checked in. There was a young adult male in the group wearing a tank top and a baseball cap on backwards. The hostess very quietly informed the guest that he need a sleeved shirt and the cap would have to go. The parents took it in stride and started looking in the backpack for a tshirt. Couldn't find one. He had to go purchase a shirt. He was not happy.

We were delighted that the Monsieur Paul staff insisted the dress code be enforced.

So how was the food?

I am glad they enforced the dress code. I mean it's not like they are asking for formal wear just for you not to look like you are going to wash the car LOL!
OrangeCountyCommuter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:25 PM   #9
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Quote:
Originally Posted by OrangeCountyCommuter View Post
So how was the food?

I am glad they enforced the dress code. I mean it's not like they are asking for formal wear just for you not to look like you are going to wash the car LOL!
The food was gorgeous and delicious. There were 8 of us and the Chef graciously served an amuse bouche, which I didn't get a picture of but it is their Escargot Ravioli in Parsley sauce. Raviole d'escargots, creme au persil.

I ordered 2 appetizers, 1 as an app Salmon Saumon mi-cuit marine, salade de concombre - Lightly cooked marinated salmon, blinis, cucumber salad

And 1 for my entree, Soupe aux truffes V.G.E. - Beef broth, oxtail, vegetables, black winter truffle, puff pastry.

I asked the waiter to serve a glass of wine with each appetizer and they paired perfectly.
Old 08-06-2013, 07:31 PM   #10
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

No offense but if they don't want to dress up to at least a t-shirt and remove the ball cap they can go get a hotdog at the American Pavillion.

Sure looking forward to my ADR at MP in December!!!

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs

Last edited by pumba; 08-08-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: rude remark by others
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 07:35 PM   #11
redzinner
Me Wants the Medianoche!

Disney is good that way, something for everyone!

Last edited by pumba; 08-08-2013 at 08:41 PM. Reason: another quote
redzinner is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:22 PM   #12
monty
DIS Veteran

Wearing a T-shirt and taking off a baseball cap = a dress code?
It's a long way from a jacket & tie being required.
2005 WDW: Wilderness Lodge
2008 WDW Wilderness Lodge
2010 Disneyland Paris

WDW and Disneyland on the one trip!
monty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:00 PM   #13
goofy4prez
DIS Dads Club Member #484
I hate the Steelers & Ravens like a mother loves a child!!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by monty View Post
Wearing a T-shirt and taking off a baseball cap = a dress code?
It's a long way from a jacket & tie being required.

I couldn't agree more. I guess I am getting old. The way I was raised up is that any restaurant (including a McD's) you removed your hat when entering the doors. :confused

Achieved (6-10-12) and maintaining weight lost goal of 115 LBS.From 267 lbs to 152 lbs
goofy4prez is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:31 PM   #14
Fantasia79
Mouseketeer

Wearing a hat in a restaurant that not showing sports on TV is kinda common sense, at least where I grew up. Conversely,not wearing a hat/jersey/etc at a sports event also weird. Tank top? I'm sorry, I don't want to see someone's hairy (and probably sweaty) armpits while I drop some cash on a great meal. I doubt anyone on Monsieur Paul's just happened to walk in there. You need a reservation months out, and probably knew you were going there that day (at least pack a t-shirt).

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

My first trip report! Flower & Garden Birthday Spectacular
http://www.disboards.com/showthread....7#post51003637

Grand Floridian 88, 89 Fort Wilderness Lodge 90, 94 Off-Site (with group as HS Band Member) 97
Off-Site (with group as HS Band Director) 03, 07, Dec 09, Dec 13 Polynesian Aug 09 Coronado Springs Aug 11 (30th Birthday) Caribbean Beach Jan 12 Beach Club Villas Mar 14
Fantasia79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-08-2013, 03:05 PM   #15
FaerieFire
Mouseketeer

I, too, am glad to see a dress code enforced. We usually do 3-4 signature meals during our trip, and at least twice last trip I saw people seated wearing clothes I wouldn't wear to the grocery store — tattered T-shirts, baseball caps, holey pants. The staff never said a word.

I prepare for our signature dining, to the point of packing a polo shirt for my son in our park-day items, even when he was 5, which he changed into before dinner (and changed out of to get into his Halloween costume afterward). I actually stopped during our two-day drive last time to buy him a polo shirt because I thought I'd forgotten to pack it. We actually missed an ADR by about 20 minutes because of that stop. But I wasn't going to violate a clearly stated dress code. But maybe I'm just too much of a stickler for following the rules...

ASMu-4/11, AoA-LM-11/12
Living the life!
FaerieFire is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: