Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-09-2013, 10:58 PM   #61
jdwarren
Earning My Ears

Congratulations to you!
We honeymooned at WDW and at the end of the day at MK, we were slowly strolling out of the park when they played "When You Wish Upon a Star" before turning up the lights. DH asked me for a dance in front of the castle. It was so romantic and we even caught a few bystanders snapping our picture. It was the perfect end to a perfect day and we still dance in front of the castle when we return every year. 10 years and two kids later I still look back on that moment as one of our the most romantic moments. It might be a perfect end to your day and a perfect start for your future!
Best wishes for your engagement and marriage!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:27 PM   #62
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Well , how about involving prince charming and the crystal carriage?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 06:17 PM   #63
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
My advice. Don't lose the ring.
Keeping it well guarded, but have it insured already.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-10-2013, 10:33 PM   #64
Claire&TheBoys
The Queen of the Castle!

Aww, I'm so excited for you and I don't even know you! Good luck, have fun and can't wait to find out how it goes off!

"You see, it's just like I told you. Wishes can come true, if you believe in them with all your heart. And the best part is, you'll never run out of wishes. They're shining deep down inside you... because that, my friends, is where the magic lives."

More than 25 trips to Disney World since age 4, including:
Jan 2014: OKW - Feb 2013 (DPHM): CSR - Sept 2012: Pop - Nov 2011: Pop - May 2011: CSR - Jan 2011: All-Star Sports - May 2010: Pop Century - Nov 2009: Wilderness Lodge - May 2009: Shades of Green -
Aug/Sept 2008: CSR - Jan 2008: POFQ - Sept 2007: CSR - Sept 2004: FWCabins - Sept 2003: CSR - Jan 1997: Honeymoon at Westgate - Plus many trips as a child at FW!
Claire&TheBoys is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 12:53 AM   #65
ramfamily
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
If you have a meal planned, you can ask the restaurant/server for assistance. I've seen a proposal at Cinderellas Royal Table at dessert. The ring came on the dessert plate.
That was me! January 3, 2003.

Members since January 2009
ramfamily is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:08 AM   #66
Disneyaunt4
I wonder what they put in that waxy little stick that make my lips crave it
I am a huge animal lover
No chili this year

The ring is beautiful, cannot wait to hear all about the proposal!!
Disneyaunt4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:33 PM   #67
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 01:54 PM   #68
wdwmom0f3
Disney Dreamer
I just spent 30 minutes on youtube watching people clean their ears out

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDW Crawl View Post
More ideas:

Rent a boat at the lagoon then fall out pretending to drown. Come up later acting like you found something--a ring--- pop the question

Grab a turkey leg and take a huge bite into to it then pretend to choke-- spit out the ring from your mouth--- pop the question

Have her ride Expidition Everest alone, and reach out where the yeti is supposed to with the ring--- pop the question

Have her pick out any snow globe she wants, buy it, then drop it on the ground in the street. After it breaks, act like the ring was inside and that you found it--- pop the question
You had to have been elected class clown in high school!!

The ring is just beautiful and I am sure she will be very excited no matter what you choose to do.

I have actually watched a few videos of Disney proposals and there are some cute ones. There is one of a couple getting a character picture of them done and the artist wrote "will you marry me" on it so when it was finished and presented to them she freaked. It was cute.

I think a sweet place to do it would be by Cinderella's wishing well. Have her close her eyes and make a wish and when she opens them be on your knee with the ring in your hand.

The beach at the Poly or Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice too.

There is a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. That could be nice if you are wanting something more private.

You really can't mess up here because you will be at Disney. Anything you do will be magical.

Good luck!!
Old 08-11-2013, 02:21 PM   #69
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

Can't wait to hear! Beautiful ring! My DH proposed to me by castle in Dec 2005... Married April 2007... We went back Jan 2008 pregnant with our first son, back in feb 2011, pregnant with second son. Went last September with my terminally ill mother... She passed in April.. We are going again in October & hoping for a princess sometime within the next year... Disney is a very special place for us, as I'm sure it will be for you guys too.

The week has come- so happy for you!! ))

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Marsheliz is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 02:57 PM   #70
QueenQueso
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by wdwmom0f3 View Post
You had to have been elected class clown in high school!!

The ring is just beautiful and I am sure she will be very excited no matter what you choose to do.

I have actually watched a few videos of Disney proposals and there are some cute ones. There is one of a couple getting a character picture of them done and the artist wrote "will you marry me" on it so when it was finished and presented to them she freaked. It was cute.

I think a sweet place to do it would be by Cinderella's wishing well. Have her close her eyes and make a wish and when she opens them be on your knee with the ring in your hand.

The beach at the Poly or Grand Floridian during Wishes would be nice too.

There is a carriage ride at Port Orleans Riverside. That could be nice if you are wanting something more private.

You really can't mess up here because you will be at Disney. Anything you do will be magical.

Good luck!!
This, exactly!

The ring is gorgeous, I can't wait to see the pictures and hear what you chose to do! Congratulations!
Old 08-11-2013, 03:15 PM   #71
toodycat
DIS Veteran

The ring is lovely! I would have dinner in France at Epcot and propose while watching Illuminations. That area of the park is nearly as romantic as Paris is.
Polynesian 06, 00
Wilderness Lodge 05 Grand Californian 04
Animal Kingdom Lodge 02, 10 Coronado 02, 01
Disney Magic 12, 09, 06, 02, 01
Disney Wonder 05
offsite 83, 89, 91
toodycat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 05:14 PM   #72
ronfin
Mouseketeer

We just checked into All Star Music. Got stuck in building 3, even though when I did the online registration I tried to get something closer. No biggie. Need the extra walk to burn off the extra calories I'll be putting down haha. Also, soon as we got into the room, I saw that our fridge was one of the ones not working and disconnected. Immediately called the Front Desk and luckily they had one to give us as a replacement. My parents are in the adjoining room, called right after me, and were unsuccessful trying to get one themselves. So as a family we're 50/50 on a working fridge.

Weather is great, and tomorrow looks amazing. News on when I pop the question coming soon! Thanks everyone!

-Ron
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 09:19 PM   #73
lmhall2000
May the road rise to meet you....May God hold you in the palm of His Hand.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfin View Post
Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision.
I know I'm late in the game, but I would have LOVED to be proposed to..

1. on the incline of Splash Mountain where it tells you to find your laughing place!!! But may be tricky showing her the ring..she may lose it on the ride down!

2. On the Soaring ride! Soaring into a new life together

3. At the fireworks at MK...right when Tinkerbell slides down

4. On the safari ride in AK...ready for a long trek together

Whatever you choose!! WAY TO GO! The ring is gahgeous!! And your parents will be there to help you celebrate

lmhall2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-11-2013, 10:48 PM   #74
Hisgirl
DIS Veteran

Totally subscribing to this thread! Can't wait to hear all about it!
Old 08-11-2013, 10:59 PM   #75
mmdisneylover
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ronfin View Post
Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision.
My sister in law did her renewals at the restaurant in France at Epcot. The rat from Rattitoue brought the ring out for dessert. I would imagine you would have to set it first, call disney and ask them how to do it and get it set up. Have fun and congrats.
mmdisneylover is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: