Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 04:28 PM   #16
Minnesota!
Shoeless in Minnesota
Has lots of rules in bed
Must have my Jelly Belly's from the Main Street candy store
I am quite spacy

My perfect Disney proposal? Somewhere quiet and just the two of us. A beach, a quiet area of the park...maybe overlooking Rivers of America late at night, just before park closing when it's quiet, the fireworks are going off, and it's peaceful.

There are beautiful gardens all over...find a nice secluded one (if you think she would prefer more intimate) and say something sweet

I never got a proposal - we were young, broke, and just pretty much agreed to get married. Sometimes I wish I had gotten the whole shebang...

Minnesota! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:38 PM   #17
WDW Crawl
Living In A Secret Unused Disney Attraction

Blend in with the animatronic kids on "It's a Small World" and send her on it alone. When the boat comes by, pop the question.

Send her on the Haunted Mansion alone, and pop up in the attic near the bride to pop the question.

Send her on the Jungle Cruise alone, climb the totem poll and shout the question when the boat goes by.

Send her on The safari alone, ride up on a giraffe and pop the question.

Fly down with tinker bell during the fireworks screaming the question.
WDW Crawl is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 04:40 PM   #18
TaraPA
I will think of that animatronic as him
I also wouldn't mind if they made it racier!The germs would just skeeve me out!

Hello fellow PA-er! What a wonderful surprise she will have!

I don't have any ideas but wanted to let you know I'm there Sun-Wed of next week, if you need help with anything, even taking pics with your camera or something, I'd be willing to help!

Poly Girls Trip 5/14**Poly/AKV Girls Trip 3/14**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 12/13 **BWI CL/CSR BC Dane's surprise 13th birthday 8/13**BWV Girls Trip 4/13**WL CL/AKV Jambo family trip 3/13**CSR surprising family trip 12/12**POR Girls Trip 10/12 ** BC CL/Dolphin Family Trip 3/12** BCV/Poly Girls Trip 3/12**AKV Kidani 11/11 Girls Trip! **Dolphin 3/11 family trip ** Swan - 3/11 GIRLS TRIP!**AKV Kidani Girls Trip 10/10!**Dolphin 2/10- ESPN Weekend/family trip**BLT 11/09 Girls Trip** Dolphin 12/08 Girls Trip**Solo trip/offsite 05/08** Dolphin 12/07 mom & Dane trip**AKL 12/06 family trip**AS Music 11/02 mom & Ty trip**Disneyland - Anaheim Hilton 5/02 adults only!** AS Sports 9/01 family trip**Swan 10/00 family trip**CSR 10/99 family trip**offsite 1989,1987, 1970's
[/SIZE]
TaraPA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:01 PM   #19
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Thanks all. Awesome suggestions! We leave this Sunday the 11th, and are there until Tuesday the 20th. We're staying at All Star Movies. The first day when we get there we always just go swimming and relax. I was thinking about doing this on Monday the 12th. My first idea was to do this over at the Polynesian Resort after dinner at Ohana, and somewhere private on the beach with the water and torches in the back, but now I'm thinking about doing it where I can get someone nearby to take my camera and snap away by the castle. I LOVE surprising her. Today I drove an hour and half to Ocean City NJ just to go to a store and get her the dress she liked that she bought the last time we were there a few weeks ago, but it had gotten ruined. 3 hour road-trip just to show up at her work and surprise her. I'm on vacation, so I had all day.

She really LOVES Beauty and the Beast, so maybe I'll do it in the new section that recently opened. I love all of these ideas. It's definitely got me running a million scenarios through my mind! Thank you all! #kcco
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:18 PM   #20
Bethry
Mouseketeer

One of the best spots in MK is the Plaza Rose Garden - perfect view of the castle behind you, but the crowds are way less obvious (bushes and trees kind of obscure them).

It's such a great photo spot that Disney almost ALWAYS has a photopass photographer at the entrance (as quoted by Disney Guest Services). If you're able to tip off the photographer beforehand he or she can let you inside the gate and onto the grass!

My brother just proposed last week this way. We said we wanted a big group photo and the photographer played into it SO well, saying she couldn't fit us all into the frame since there were 9 of us, so she was going to let us onto the grass. So we all posed, got some shots, then as we started to break up and walk away, he grabbed her hand and got down on one knee.

Then we'd gotten some pixie dust from Bibbidi Boppity Boutique for the kids to throw on them (it was a mess, but great!). You can also get some at the Barber Shop on Main St. (we just took our own baggie and asked if we could have a little for the surprise coming up.)

The photog said she'd been hoping to get to do a proposal that day and she was glad we'd approached her to give her some warning. She said lots of people kneel down on the path, but if she knows ahead of time she can let them on the grass.

Oh, and THEN we had the wedding Mickey and Minnie hats that we'd ordered earlier with Mr. and Mrs.---(last name)--- embroidered on them, so they were waiting afterwards. It provided a nice option to go and pick them up, instead of milling around like, 'uhh, now what'.

I can post pics if you're interested.

Last edited by Bethry; 08-06-2013 at 10:23 PM.
Bethry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 10:42 PM   #21
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Yes please. I'd love to see a shot of the proposal!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:24 PM   #22
turning into fanatic
Earning My Ears

No suggestions but when you get back we want to hear all about it! Congrats!

11/30/13-12/7/13 Staying offsite at house, surprising kids! My parents are coming along too!!

Spring Break 2012 - First visit to WDW(stayed at Orange Lake), very crowded but still had a blast!
turning into fanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 11:34 PM   #23
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by turning into fanatic View Post
No suggestions but when you get back we want to hear all about it! Congrats!
I'll upload pictures and link a video while we're there!

Old 08-06-2013, 11:42 PM   #24
catigger
Mouseketeer

My husband proposed to me on our first trip to disney world. He was so excited that he proposed about an hour after we checked into the wilderness lodge. I was glad he did it early on our trip as I was on cloud 9 for the entire stay. Wherever you do it - it will be special!
09/1998 - Engaged - WL
California native too many trips to DL to count
catigger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:06 AM   #25
jimmysmom74
DIS Veteran

My husband is not one for a lot of commotion, so he did in a more private area. We stayed at AKL, and he proposed on the sunset balcony savanna at sunset. It was awesome and perfect for us. We were all alone except for a CM he tipped off to take a photo. He had the best timing too. In fact the photo is hanging on my wall and I'm looking at it now. A great memory! And now 11 years later, we have taken our DS to that spot and told him this is where it all began. I still see it as our little piece of disney heaven. But if you want to use it, I will gladly share it with you.LOL.
Where ever you do it will be a great and forever memory you get to share with your future generations. Congrats, you are picking the best place in the world to 'Officially' start your journey together!!!

me, DH, DS(6)
OCT 2001-AKL / OCT 2002-engaged at AKL / OCT 2006-AKL
DEC 2008-DS first trip-GF / MAY 2010-GPs, AKL / OCT 2011-Poly / NOV 2012-DL with cousins/ NOV 2013 CSR with GPs/ SpringBreak 2014-CR
jimmysmom74 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:19 AM   #26
bohemian21
Earning My Ears

DF proposed to me right in front of Cinderella Castle. He asked the Photopass guy to get a couple of full-length shots of us, so he was ready when DF got down on one knee. There are some other people in the picture, but all just in the background. For the record, I was completely shocked. I knew he was gonna propose eventually, but I sure didn't expect it in the middle of Magic Kingdom!

Past:
Off-site: 1995; 1998; 2003
All-Star Sports Feb 2012 (engaged!)
CSR Jan 2013 (Marathon Weekend: ran the half!)

Upcoming:
POR Nov 2013 (DFTW + Honeymoon! and Wine & Dine Half!)
Jan 2014 (Marathon Weekend: 10k +full?)
Feb 2014 (Princess Weekend)?

bohemian21 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 12:33 AM   #27
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

I saw a video a couple of years ago where PUSH helped out with a proposal. It was really cute!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 03:54 AM   #28
irishsymphony
Earning My Ears

Good luck with it!! I love the thought of a Disney proposal!!!!
irishsymphony is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 08:58 AM   #29
gundo870
Mouseketeer

My only suggestion is...Don't do it!

Just kidding. Congrats!

gundo870 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-07-2013, 09:29 AM   #30
teesott
Earning My Ears

Since she is a Beauty & the Beast girl, what about infront of the Beast's castle? Or just do a walk through to check it out and do it in the ballroom inside!
teesott is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: