Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-06-2013, 12:48 AM   #1
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Need suggestions for proposing in Disney this week!

Hey all, about to leave for a 10 day trip to Disney, and decided to propose to my gf while we're there. She thinks this proposal is months away, but the jeweler will have the ring ready by Friday, and we leave Sunday, sooooo, want some ideas as to where/how/etc. I was gonna call our hotel and ask for some help, but this is the best resource to use. So fire away with suggestions. I'm all ears right now. Just want some outside input to help build my decision.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 02:13 AM   #2
parlay
Mouseketeer

If you have a meal planned, you can ask the restaurant/server for assistance. I've seen a proposal at Cinderellas Royal Table at dessert. The ring came on the dessert plate.

parlay is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-06-2013, 02:32 AM   #3
katiee37
DIS Veteran

First off, congratulations!!!

Second, tailor it to what you know she likes. If she's a beach kind of girl, watching Wishes on Polynesian's beach would be romantic. If she has a particular favorite character, incorporate meeting that character into it. I would love to be proposed to in front of Mickey
January 2014 Art of Animation--Celebrating my birthday January 2014 PTR
January 2015--Running the 5K and (yikes) possibly the Half Marathon!

katiee37 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:22 AM   #4
lizzi6692
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by parlay View Post
If you have a meal planned, you can ask the restaurant/server for assistance. I've seen a proposal at Cinderellas Royal Table at dessert. The ring came on the dessert plate.
Just to add on to this, if you choose to propose to CRT and want the dessert and such(you can also have the ring delivered in something like an engraved slipper, but I believe they have other options) you must call Disney and book it. Just having an ADR will not be enough. If you book an engagement package with CRT you also get a photopass photographer that takes pictures of the whole thing.

Previous Trips:
September 2010: Caribbean Beach
May 2011: Coronado Springs
December 2011: Pop Century
Next Trip:
December 2013: Port Orleans French Quarter Pre-Trip Report
lizzi6692 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:13 AM   #5
ronfin
Mouseketeer

Thanks! Still running ideas around and all the input is greatly appreciated.
2012 Trip Report: Entry #1
2012 Trip Report: Entry #2
2012 Trip Report: Entry #3

Like pictures of Disney? Check-out my Flickr by clicking HERE.
ronfin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:27 AM   #6
RobynPrincess
Looking around

What about in front of a photopass guy alone Main Street, castle in the background? Or you can get the dapper dans to help (at a cost!).
RobynPrincess is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:34 AM   #7
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

A private boat ride for Wishes sounds good to me! I love scavenger hunts so my dream proposal would be a scavenger hunt planned out for me in the MK ending in a proposal in front of the castle. The mosaics in Cinderella's castle would be a pretty backdrop.

Here are some ideas from Touring Plans. Some of the verbage is a little corny but the ideas are still good. http://blog.touringplans.com/2012/12...-disney-world/

Congratulations! Watching a Disney proposal is on my Disney bucket list. Hope things work out smoothly. Keep us all updated!
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:36 AM   #8
cefcdana
Mouseketeer

here is a video of a scavenger hunt proposal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9boxrWNLT64

fireworks cruise proposal: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=77bf56G_G1A
cefcdana is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 08:43 AM   #9
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Just wanted to say Congrats and good luck!
Old 08-06-2013, 08:52 AM   #10
Shaden
DIS Veteran

Congrats !!!

We honeymooned at Disney !!! Loved it, it was our first trip.

I would do as others suggest, tailor it to her.

If she is a beach girl, do Beach Wishes at Poly ...
If she is a princess kinda girl ... CRT would be amazing.

If she is a rollercoaster kinda girl, ask her at the top of Everest when you stop at the broken tracks !
Shaden is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 09:15 AM   #11
anjalee6
DIS Veteran

I just saw the coolest proposal in front of the picture mural of Cinderella and her glass slipper on Thursday. Everyone standing around cheered and it made awesome pictures.

My husband and I were just looking through proposal pictures online after our trip and saw one where I guy wore a "will you marry me?" Shirt under his shirt for the day and he lifted it up as they went down the roller coaster hill. When they got to the picture booth at the end of the ride, his fiancé saw it. I thought that was very interesting and different.

Good luck.
Old 08-06-2013, 11:10 AM   #12
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

Quote:
Originally Posted by RobynPrincess View Post
What about in front of a photopass guy alone Main Street, castle in the background? Or you can get the dapper dans to help (at a cost!).
Just so you know- this is one of the most crowded areas in the parks. There were photos on a thread here last week of a proposal in exactly this spot- and it was photobombed. If you want a proposal with a photo op with the castle in the background either do it before a pre-park opening breakfast or after the park officially closes at night. Or over in the Rose Garden, where there's less traffic. Down at the old Swan Boats dock would be even more private.

I love the idea of proposing while watching Wishes from Sunset Pointe at the Poly. It's a very romantic spot.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 03:28 PM   #13
GrandCalifornian
Can't Wait To Go Back

Congratulations. I proposed at DLR and surprised her by doing it sooner than she expected. Wherever you choose that spot will be special to you both forever. We did it fairly privately in front of the park gates, but a few other people saw and congratulated us. If you think she'd want a bigger deal made of it, I am sure you can coordinate with Disney and make sure someone is there to photograph it, but there could be a cost and you won't get to be as spontaneous with it. I'd say find a place you know she likes, and turn it into a place she will love. Congratulations and good luck!
GrandCalifornian is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:02 PM   #14
edk35
DIS Veteran

Don't forget the boardwalk area either. There is an actual wedding gazebo type place that they have weddings at that overlook the water there. There are quiet off the beaten places at AK too. IS there a favorite resort she loves.....a memorable one....maybe there. A fave restaurant? Does she have a favorite park?? The fountains at EC at night are pretty....especially when everyone is watching Illuminations. I bet the fountain area would be nice and private unless you want an audience. I like the Poly idea too. You could find some quiet places at several of the resorts....outside. The rose garden is an excellent idea. I would probably opt for the end of the night...in front of the castle. Especially if you can wait to most people have moved from that area. Have fun! Congrats! Oh and my dd said she would love to be proposed to by her BF somewhere on the world showcase during Illuminations.

DVC MEMBERS SINCE JAN. 2007

Aug 14 OKW/SOG Aug 13 OKW/Providence Golf Club Villas March 13 SSR/AKV July 12 BLT/SSR May 12 SOG
March/April 12 Windsor Hills
Jan. 12 VWL (1/20-1/28) Jan. 12 POR (1/6/-1/11) Jan. 11 OKW July 10 SOG/SSR/VERO July 09 POLY/BCV/AKV Jan. 09 OKW Nov. 08 SSR/ASMU MVMCP July 08 OKW/BCV Jan. 08 SOG Nov. 07 SSR MVMCP Aug. 07 SSR/BWV P&PP Jan. 07 SOG BECAME DVC MEMBERS!!!
Nov. 05 SOG/CSR Jan. 05 SOG Nov. 02 CR May 98 Poly May 95 SOG Dec. 93 CR Dec. 92 CBR July 92 Dixie Landing First Family Trip Off Site 87,86,82 (Single With Friends)

Last edited by edk35; 08-06-2013 at 04:22 PM.
edk35 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-06-2013, 04:21 PM   #15
Scott MC
DIS Veteran

OP...where are you staying?

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: