Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Restaurants
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 09-06-2013, 06:30 PM   #1
BeastsFlower
Mouseketeer

My Dining Plan...

How does this sound? We have 15 sit down restaurants booked for a 6 day trip. Obviously way over our dining plan allowance. So I figured, use our credits for the buffet dinners. Then in the others, just get a small app or dessert and pay out of pocket follow up with a QS.

We have a lot booked because the kids want to go to different restaurants just for the characters or location
Old 09-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #2
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Sounds like a lot of money and a lot of time in restaurants. But to each their own. Do you have the Deluxe Dining? Sounds like it might be a good fit for you cost wise.
Register to remove

Old 09-06-2013, 06:57 PM   #3
kathie859
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BeastsFlower View Post
How does this sound? We have 15 sit down restaurants booked for a 6 day trip. Obviously way over our dining plan allowance. So I figured, use our credits for the buffet dinners. Then in the others, just get a small app or dessert and pay out of pocket follow up with a QS.

We have a lot booked because the kids want to go to different restaurants just for the characters or location
Waaayyyy too much time wasted sitting in restaurants! Characters are scheduled in the parks and can be seen there. I'd have a serious family pow-wow and pick the top 5-6 sitdown restaurants and plan on those otherwise it would seem like just bouncing from eatery to eatery and not allowing for discovery time in the parks. JMHO--
kathie859 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #4
twc1272
Earning My Ears

Unless you are going just to experience the restaurants, then enjoy, but you will have limited time to enjoy in the parks. I would just go to 1 sitdown per day and enjoy parks.
twc1272 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 07:57 PM   #5
MichelleVW
I call them "the people that live in my house"

I'm with the others...that is just wayyyyy too much time in restaurants!
Old 09-06-2013, 08:08 PM   #6
disneyfan2kids
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by twc1272 View Post
Unless you are going just to experience the restaurants, then enjoy, but you will have limited time to enjoy in the parks. I would just go to 1 sitdown per day and enjoy parks.
Yes. This! Cut out some meals or you will miss a lot of the parks.

disneyfan2kids is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 08:46 PM   #7
disneypolybride2008
DIS Veteran

we got deluxe dining a few times as two adults, we did 3 ts per day, which is more than you are doing. we did an early character breakfast say at 8am, did a ts lunch about 1pm, and a dinner the latest we could get, about 9:30-9:45pm. We had an appetizer, entree, and dessert with the deluxe as well as two snacks. We never were hungry and a few times we were not hungry at all for our upcoming meal. For us, the dining was a fun and exciting part of the vacation and we loved going to all the restaurants.

We went a few times on regular dining as well and that was too little food if you are out and about from early am to really late. I wish they had a 2 TS and 1 QS. I do not know why they don't. Most people eat breakfast, lunch.. which would be a QS normally, and a dinner. Not 3 BIG meals, and not 1 Big meal and a small one... 2 big meals, 1 small meal. Yes you can use a TS credit at a QS location on the deluxe dining but that is not using the credits to their full value.

Going with kids though, consider how much time you are going to be out and about. I know with us, our trips are now with our DD2, so long gone are the stay out all nights and getting up really early, barely sleeping. Therefore, we chose the regular plan. I plan to pay out of pocket for the quick service breakfasts at the resort.

During the holidays the resorts are so elaborately decorated, so it is a very nice way to go see the resorts and eat a meal.

So if you days are long enough go for it. Appetizers or a dessert is still going to add up, but you have a good point in going to see the restaurants. Don't forget TREX, that looks awesome! I'd go there for just a dessert! it is not on the dining plan.

Have a great time. The restaurants are great!

disneypolybride2008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-06-2013, 09:11 PM   #8
Cindee75
Earning My Ears

We are using deluxe dinnping plan in November but have DDP for free so really only paying to upgrade. I have booked breakfast and dinner reservations for most days with planning on QS in parks. This will give a balance and a break when needed. I don't find it to be too much time in restraunts as Character dining is part of the magic for my family.
Cindee75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 09:21 AM   #9
Hopefully
DIS Veteran

I'm with the majority --- wayyyyyy too many ADR's.
How old are your children? Will they enjoy sitting in restaurants or will they want to be riding rides? How many times have you been to WDW? If this is your first trip I think your plan is a HUGE MISTAKE.
Good Luck
Old 09-07-2013, 12:03 PM   #10
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

OP - If I remember correctly you have 5 kids all under the age of 8?

You are planning waaaay too many meals. 15 sit down meals in 6 days with 5 little kids? Not going to work (or at least happily.).
Old 09-07-2013, 01:08 PM   #11
smiths02
DIS Veteran

I think more than 2 a day is too much.
2003 (AKL), 2009 (AKL), 2011 (CBR- room), 2015 (AoA-Cars Suite)
smiths02 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-07-2013, 11:53 PM   #12
twokiddos
Earning My Ears

I can't speak from experience as we haven't been yet however, I'd say that is way too many ADR's. Yikes.

I would opt for one a day, and may a second a couple of times....
twokiddos is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: