Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Global Neighbours > UK Trip Planning Forum
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-30-2013, 04:07 AM   #91
wayneg
VMK AceCaptainWayne
I can't get my mouth to say healthy things

DISboards Moderator

Not reading thru the whole thread to see what has been said but we saw a few people using the magicbands to fastpass rides. What a slow system, they will have to improve the speed for them to work. Sounds good to just touch your band and ride but waiting for the system to accept each rider was so slow, I would say approx 6 paper fastpass riders were going thru for each magicband.
  • 2005(Oct) Disney Magic + BW Lakeside, 2005 (Xmas) BW Lakeside, 2006(Aug) Courtyard By Marriott LBV + 1st RCCL cruise,
  • 2006(Oct) Disneyland, Cailfornia Howard Johnson, 2006(Xmas)Comfort Inn LBV,2007(Easter)Fairfield Inn, Marriott Village
  • 2007(Aug)Courtyard By Marriott LBV, 2007(Oct) Disneyland CA, HoJo/Vegas, Flamingo,2008(Easter) Windsor Hills, Disney Wonder, Fairfield Inn
  • 2008(Aug)Country Inn, 2nd RCCL, AKL, 2008(Oct)& 2008(Xmas)Fairfield Inn, 2009(May)Country Inn 2009(Aug)OKW, Disney Magic, Regal Sun
  • 2010(Easter) Hampton Inn LBV 2010(Aug) Royal Pacific & OKW 2011(Feb)H.I. Express LBV 2011(Aug)OKW, Disney Dream, HI DTD
  • 2011(Oct) Fairfield Inn 2012(Aug) Fairfield Inn, OKW 2012(Nov) Fairfield Inn 2013(Apr) Fairfield Inn LBV 2013(Aug) Swan & ESA LBV 2013(Oct) ESA LBV
  • 2014(Jul) Hilton Garden Inn LBV 2014(Sept) Disney Magic 14nt WBTA, Wyndham Bonnet Creek
wayneg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2013, 12:31 PM   #92
Disneynutinlondon
It's been such a blast with all the lurkers and fluffing
I seem to be whitering on in a constant stream of random thoughts
I think I'll just go with the small one

Quote:
Originally Posted by wayneg View Post
Not reading thru the whole thread to see what has been said but we saw a few people using the magicbands to fastpass rides. What a slow system, they will have to improve the speed for them to work. Sounds good to just touch your band and ride but waiting for the system to accept each rider was so slow, I would say approx 6 paper fastpass riders were going thru for each magicband.
That's not a good sign at all
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-31-2013, 08:50 AM   #93
Lisash
Knows all the words to 'It's A Small World'
Doesn't tell friends of her DISboard addiction

I think it will quicken up as time goes on. They have a scanner each side of the entrance so two can do it at a time. It just needs time for CM's and users to get used to using both at once rather than all waiting for one scanner. They are still very much a novelty at moment. Can't tell you number of times we have used bands for dining and/or snacks etc and CM serving us has said it's the first time they have processed a transaction that way. Never a problem they all seem well trained just still not many in use yet. Staff very keen to see what we think of them. I am a big fan. Having said that I do think that a lot of people won't like them as FP plus does add a lot of structure to your day as you work round what you have planned in. We find ourselves constantly clock watching to check we don't miss times. I'm sure that wont be for everyone
June 2003 & August 2004 - Off-site Wyndham Orlando (I-Drive)December 2005 - Off-Site Doubletree at Universal. July 2005, December 2006, August 2007, December 2008, August 2009 & December 2010 - Marriott Fairfield LBV - August 2013 on site Disney's Yacht Club - December 2013 Marriott Fairfield LBV

Lisash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:00 PM   #94
Tony Toon
DIS Veteran

DS out there just now and absolutely loving them. Has booked his FP+ for what he wants and then picks up paper FPs for other rides in between. The other evening he and DGF decided late on to head over to HS after a chill out day at AKL and dinner at Boma. Booked FP+ for TSM, Rock and Roller Coaster and then Star Tours followed by Fantasmic then set off. Knew before they headed out what they would get on.

Mrs TT
Jan '97 Disneyland Jul 02 - Villa Indian Ridge Oaks Jul 03 - Villa Indian Creek Oct 04 - DLP Jul 05 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 06 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 07 - Villa Indian Creek Jul 08 - 1 wk Fort Myers Beach Condo, 3 wks at (you've guessed it) Villa Indian Creek Oct 08 - birthday trip July/Aug 09 - 4 wks to settle DD in Disney job Oct 09 - Homewood Suites Lake Buena Vista. Xmas 09 - Villa Indian Creek. Easter 2010 - Beach Club. Summer '10 - 5 weeks inc cruise on Disney Wonder (wonderful), Jul '11 - Indian Creek.Jul '12 - 2 wks OKW&Indian Creek; Jul '13 POFQ & offsite; Jul '14 SSR & Offsite
url=http://distickers.com/ticker/][/url]
Tony Toon is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2013, 01:54 PM   #95
Elise79

DISboards Moderator

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tony Toon View Post
DS out there just now and absolutely loving them. Has booked his FP+ for what he wants and then picks up paper FPs for other rides in between. The other evening he and DGF decided late on to head over to HS after a chill out day at AKL and dinner at Boma. Booked FP+ for TSM, Rock and Roller Coaster and then Star Tours followed by Fantasmic then set off. Knew before they headed out what they would get on.

Mrs TT
That's good.

The only issue is once FP+ comes out of testing there will be no paper FP only the + which is what I am waiting to see. Be interest what people think once it is rolled out as I think there will be more competition for the popular FP+.

Apr 2014 OKW & NYC Dec 2013 - BLT July 2013 - OKW April 2013/Dec 2012 - BLT June 2012 - BLT & OKW Feb 2012 - OKW Sept 2011 - BWV & BLT May 2011 - BCV & BLT Nov 2010 - BLT & CR Tower Club May 2010 - BLT Sept 2009/March 2009/April 2008/Sept 2007/Sept 2006 - CSR Feb 2008 - DLRP Newport Bay (First DLRP Trip) April 1999 - WDW Offsite in Villa June 1998 - WDW Offsite July 1989 - WDW Offsite
Elise79 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 12:33 PM   #96
Just-Pete
Mouseketeer

Any word on linking the ultimate ticket??? We are travelling on 29th of September, and I just saw on the MDE page, that we are getting Magic Bands as we're in POR.

However we have booked all aspects of our trip separately, (flights through normal, accommodation through our CM friend who will be staying with us. And park tickets through the UK website).

So our room is in a separate booking to our tickets if you get what I mean? Will we be able to add the 14 day ticket to our Magic Band when we're there?

I'm confusing myself, as I hadn't really banked on Magic Bands being part of our trip this year!!!!

Shoulda stuck with CSR like we'd planned!

Pete.
Off site (Villa) May 2012
Port Orleans Riverside October 2013
Off site March 2014

Just-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-01-2013, 01:02 PM   #97
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Pete View Post
Any word on linking the ultimate ticket??? We are travelling on 29th of September, and I just saw on the MDE page, that we are getting Magic Bands as we're in POR.

However we have booked all aspects of our trip separately, (flights through normal, accommodation through our CM friend who will be staying with us. And park tickets through the UK website).

So our room is in a separate booking to our tickets if you get what I mean? Will we be able to add the 14 day ticket to our Magic Band when we're there?

I'm confusing myself, as I hadn't really banked on Magic Bands being part of our trip this year!!!!

Shoulda stuck with CSR like we'd planned!

Pete.
I have the 14 Day as part of my package and the ticket's now been added to MDE successfully, so I imagine with a ticket code / order number it'll be fine for you...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 02:12 AM   #98
Just-Pete
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post
I have the 14 Day as part of my package and the ticket's now been added to MDE successfully, so I imagine with a ticket code / order number it'll be fine for you...

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Thanks!!! Did you have to do that yourself?
Off site (Villa) May 2012
Port Orleans Riverside October 2013
Off site March 2014

Just-Pete is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:09 AM   #99
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

I've just checked in (60 days to go!) and I'm at the YC.

The option to book FP + is down the side but when I click it, it only shows up thi weeks dates then an error message crops ups with "must select dates within reservation window" but it doesnt let me change the dates to my holiday dates?!

Any ideas?
Ciorsdah is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:22 AM   #100
2Tiggies
I am subscribing to this thread just so I can see your shirt
I like those water proof containers that hang around my neck on a lanyard

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
I've just checked in (60 days to go!) and I'm at the YC.

The option to book FP + is down the side but when I click it, it only shows up thi weeks dates then an error message crops ups with "must select dates within reservation window" but it doesnt let me change the dates to my holiday dates?!

Any ideas?
You may be a little early. I dont know if this is working on the same principle as the ADRs, but those only go 'live' for reservations at 6 am on the day your window opens and we have about an hour to go for EST to catch up with us

[Engaged to the man of my dreams at WDW, Summer 2014
2Tiggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 04:30 AM   #101
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2Tiggies View Post
You may be a little early. I dont know if this is working on the same principle as the ADRs, but those only go 'live' for reservations at 6 am on the day your window opens and we have about an hour to go for EST to catch up with us
Ahh thanks! I didnt think of that!

Also, my other half has just set up a MDE account and now his tickets have dissapeared from my view goodness me I'm so baffled by this entire process!
Old 09-02-2013, 06:14 AM   #102
meryll83
All it takes is faith and trust... Proud Strawberry Blonde Official DISbride!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Just-Pete View Post
Thanks!!! Did you have to do that yourself?
I don't have our tickets as they're part of a package with Virgin Hols.
I called Disney a couple of times and they said that Virgin needed to do something for the tickets to appear on their system. At 30 days out I was able to get the tickets added by Disney (still had to call them again to do this). Prior to the 30 days they were still telling me they were waiting on Virgin.

But if you have the tickets in hand you shouldn't have this problem!

WDW 91, 93, 03 off-site, 05 ASMo (32,000 WWTBAM) , 07 Pop & BWV (Free Dining & Engaged at Cinderella's Castle!), *09 Wedding Planning Journal* and *Trip Report* Pop, BWV, Poly & Wonder,
10 Pop, 12 Aulani Day Visit, 13 HRH, YC
(Free Dining) & Dream

DLP 05 Cheyenne, 13 Newport Bay

meryll83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 07:00 AM   #103
Ciorsdah
Mouseketeer

An update from WDW Technical :

The Magic Bend testing only runs up to the end of Oct, so those of us who are checking in from 1st Nov onwards shouldnt have the ability to book any FP+ or customise any Magic Bands.

Guests that check in on or before the 31st Oct and are in the testing resorts will have the option to do this for their entire stay. But they are currently not adding any November/December guests into the testing mix.

She said that there would be an email (heard that before..!) going out to all November check ins if the testing phase is extended into the month. But currently we are not able to do anything more than simply online check in and continue to book ADRS.

Hope this helps some of you!

Oh and the issue of tickets not appearing in your recervations for other members of your party is all down to the setting that that person has in their " my friends and family" section. It needs to be set at "View all my activities".
Old 09-02-2013, 10:00 AM   #104
tinkerpea
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ciorsdah View Post
An update from WDW Technical :

The Magic Bend testing only runs up to the end of Oct, so those of us who are checking in from 1st Nov onwards shouldnt have the ability to book any FP+ or customise any Magic Bands.

Guests that check in on or before the 31st Oct and are in the testing resorts will have the option to do this for their entire stay. But they are currently not adding any November/December guests into the testing mix.

She said that there would be an email (heard that before..!) going out to all November check ins if the testing phase is extended into the month. But currently we are not able to do anything more than simply online check in and continue to book ADRS.

Hope this helps some of you!

Oh and the issue of tickets not appearing in your recervations for other members of your party is all down to the setting that that person has in their " my friends and family" section. It needs to be set at "View all my activities".
Reading that you had me feeling gutted, but we check in on the 28th October at Poly and so should be able to have the Magic bands and FP+ for the whole trip

Me 28,DH 32,DS 10, DS"Twins"8
tinkerpea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-02-2013, 10:27 AM   #105
ashearer
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by meryll83 View Post

I don't have our tickets as they're part of a package with Virgin Hols.
I called Disney a couple of times and they said that Virgin needed to do something for the tickets to appear on their system. At 30 days out I was able to get the tickets added by Disney (still had to call them again to do this). Prior to the 30 days they were still telling me they were waiting on Virgin.

But if you have the tickets in hand you shouldn't have this problem!
We have booked virgin too and are 35 days out. MDE is in order,bands are customised but can't add tickets to access FP .virgin told me tickets won't arrive till 2 weeks before dep so there's nothing I can do. What exactly did you get Disney to do to add tickets?and do you know which dept you phoned?x
ashearer is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: