Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 01:57 PM   #1
Meekogsd
Mouseketeer

which room to request at AKL

I know it's only requests and no guarantees, but what room/area/floor should we request? Our biggest request would be the queen w/bunk beds. We are booked for a standard room. Pool or animal views would be nice but I don't think it's an option in a standard view. TIA
Old 08-04-2013, 02:27 PM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meekogsd View Post
I know it's only requests and no guarantees, but what room/area/floor should we request? Our biggest request would be the queen w/bunk beds. We are booked for a standard room. Pool or animal views would be nice but I don't think it's an option in a standard view. TIA
I can't help with specific requests, but since you mention pool view, have you checked availability/price on a pool view room? On our last AKL stay I booked a pool view room as that was only $10-$15 more a night than standard. If that's an option for you, it might be worth looking into. As far as a bunk bed room, you can't request bunk beds as they are a bookable category. If you want bunk beds, you would have to book that room type.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 02:32 PM   #3
Meekogsd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I can't help with specific requests, but since you mention pool view, have you checked availability/price on a pool view room? On our last AKL stay I booked a pool view room as that was only $10-$15 more a night than standard. If that's an option for you, it might be worth looking into. As far as a bunk bed room, you can't request bunk beds as they are a bookable category. If you want bunk beds, you would have to book that room type.
hhmm, our TA was unable to book the bunk beds, she was told request only.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:03 PM   #4
OKW Lover

Yes, we love Old Key West
Connoisseur of the fine things in life, and has the time to enjoy them (Just ask his wife)

Quote:
If you've booked a "standard view" room, then you're probably not going to get put in a pool or savannah (animal) view room, although sometimes you do get pixie dusted.

As far as requests go for a standard room, your choices are really how close/far from the elevator/lobby you want to be.
Old 08-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #5
Mousemommy1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, in the standard view room and the CL rooms, bunk beds are indeed a request.

In pool view and savannah view, they are a separate bookable category.

PAST TRIPS:
JUL 1985 OFFSITE • JUL 1989 OFFSITE • MAR 2000 ASMO • SEP 2000 ASMU • SEP 2002 ASSP • NOV 2009 POP • FEB 2011 CBR • JUL 2012 WL CL • APR 2013 YC CL • SEP 2013 POFQ • AUG 2014 BC CL
Mousemommy1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:26 PM   #6
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I'm sorry, you are correct. I checked the Disney website and it does show bunk beds are available in standard view rooms, although they are only a bookable category for pool and savanna .

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:21 PM   #7
chocovrdmicears
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickeynut1 View Post
I agree - If a queen with bunk beds are your first priority, check into the pricing for a pool view room. It is not much more a night than a standard room (not sure how much bunk beds add to the nightly cost).

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: