Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 10:54 AM   #1
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

BWI CL vs BC CL

I currently have the BC CL booked for the last week in Sept. However I keep reading how great the BWI CL is. I have never stayed at the BC and it's just my husband and I. Stormalong Bay does look cool, but is it worth it over the BWI and their pool. I am not a fan of the awful clown pool, but that slide does look fun. Thanks for any iput.
Old 08-04-2013, 11:12 AM   #2
mickeynut1
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I currently have the BC CL booked for the last week in Sept. However I keep reading how great the BWI CL is. I have never stayed at the BC and it's just my husband and I. Stormalong Bay does look cool, but is it worth it over the BWI and their pool. I am not a fan of the awful clown pool, but that slide does look fun. Thanks for any iput.
We've never stayed at BWI, but have stayed at the BC (although not CL) and while we liked SAB, it's not our favorite and we can honestly take it or leave it. I, too, have read great things about BWI CL and if I was taking a trip with just my DH, I would choose BWI over BC. Don't get me wrong, the BC is a beautiful resort and we had a great stay, but I wouldn't stay there just for the pool (but that's just me). And FWIW, I think the BWI slide looks fun, too . Good luck.

Country Inn & Suites LBV June 2001 - CBR July 2002 - BC December 2003 - WL CL Oct/Nov 2004 - WL September 2006 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2007 -Poly September 2007 - All Star Vacation Homes March 2008 - AKL/GF SL/WL January 2010 - AKL/GF December 2010 - GF RPC May 2011
mickeynut1 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 11:30 AM   #3
Babsy
DIS Veteran

We love the YC/BC and the BWI. I like Stormalong Bay better than the BW pool, but BWI CL is better than the BC CL. Which will you use more or is more important to you? Also, BC has some very small single person standing room only balconies.

Have you considered the YC CL? It is further from Epcot, but has a slightly nicer CL than the BC and also has Stormalong Bay, if that is important to you.
Babsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:32 AM   #4
mariamouse
Believes in the magic!!
Should know the difference between the Tag Fairy and Tinkerbell!!! ;)

Quote:
Originally Posted by vettegirl View Post
I would definitely pick BWI CL over BC CL. The BWI lounge is far superior and just a better overall experience.

That being said, we love the BC/Stormalong Bay and would almost always choose the BC over the BWI if not staying CL.

If you are set on CL, though, go with the BWI. IMO, the BWI room decor is the nicest on property and the boardwalk view is amazing if it's in your budget! If, however, the pool is more important to you, go with the BC.

Have a great trip!
GF GV- January 2014, BCV- January 2013, GF LV- December 2011, AKL PV & GF GV- February 2007, BWI WV CL- February 2006, AKL SV- February 2005, Polynesian GV- February 2004, WL WV & Polynesian GV- November 2002, BC GV- February 2002, CR GV- February 2001, POFQ- February 1996, CBR- February 1994
mariamouse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:10 PM   #5
pixarmom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mariamouse View Post
I would definitely pick BWI CL over BC CL. The BWI lounge is far superior and just a better overall experience.

That being said, we love the BC/Stormalong Bay and would almost always choose the BC over the BWI if not staying CL.

If you are set on CL, though, go with the BWI. IMO, the BWI room decor is the nicest on property and the boardwalk view is amazing if it's in your budget! If, however, the pool is more important to you, go with the BC.

Have a great trip!
Agreed! We've stayed at both: BC many times over the past 21 years (twice BC CL) and twice BWI CL. Our most recent BWI stay was January of this year and our most recent BC stay was October of last year. I can provide additional comparisons between the two, but the short version is that if we're staying non-CL, we'd choose BC. If staying CL, we'd choose BWI.

Time of year is somewhat related - we're more likely to stay at BC in the summer and fall and BWI in the winter/early spring. We love SAB and while I don't care for the clown at BWI, the slide is quite fun and the BWI quiet pool is my favorite quiet pool on property.

It's true that BWI CL is wonderful for many reasons - the CL CMs are some of the best at WDW. We have three boys - ages 6, 13 and 14 - and our teen boys like the BWI CL CMs so much they asked to send them a Christmas card for the last two years in a row. The BWI CL CMs are friendly but not at all intrusive - makes the lounge a really comfortable place to be. They really go above and beyond - we had a tricky split stay issue and they were always on it, especially Jackie. The BWI lounge currently has much more space than the BC lounge - high ceilings and more open layout. It also offers a balcony with a view of some of the Illuminations fireworks. I do prefer the food in the BC lounge and the refrigerator for drinks (ice bucket at BWI), but most of the breakfast basics are the same in each lounge. And the Boardwalk view (by request when booking standard CL, not a bookable room category unless you book deluxe CL) is my favorite Disney resort room view!
Disneyland (x many), Polynesisan (x many), Beach Club (x many), Boardwalk (x3), Yacht Club, Contemporary, Wilderness Lodge (x2), Animal Kingdom Lodge, Port Orleans French Quarter, Dolphin, Coronado Springs (x3), Caribbean Beach, Port Orleans-Riverside, All Star Sports, All Star Music, 2011 Disney Dream, 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska, 2012 MNSSHP, 2013 Disneyland 10K, 2014 Princess Half Marathon and 5K

January 2015: WDW Marathon and 5K (AKL/GF/Poly)
April 2015: WL and AOA!
pixarmom is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:28 PM   #6
vettegirl
Proud USAF Wife!

Thanks for the all your input It looks like our military discount is not available for a CL room at the BWI just a standard view. So I am going to stick with the BC for now, I have requested a king full balcony for our anniverary trip and hope that we get it.
Old 08-04-2013, 01:48 PM   #7
lbv7
Mouseketeer

Never choose a hotel just for the pool.
While many people rate SAB to be the best, it doesn't do you any good if it rains all day and you can't use it.

That being said if it was a straight comparison of CL to CL the BWI would win all the time.

While the food offerings are about the same between the two, the BC lounge is just way too small for the number of people it needs to handle.
Also, nothing wrong with the Cast Members at the BC CL, but in my opinion the BWI CL Cast Members are friendlier, and go that extra step to make your stay enjoyable.
lbv7 is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: