Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 10:58 PM   #16
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by WILDERNESS FAN 55 View Post
2100 loop the best . I don't know how many people you have but there is a "Comfort Station" right there (really for the campers) but comes in handy as too many people and just 0ne bathroom causes stress ! I always ran there while DW would get ready . Bus stop right outside of the loop also and short walk to the trading post and both pools.
Enjoy your stay !
Those are conveniences. Is it quiet or do you get loud noise from the campers next doors? We are six and were looking at 2500 loop because the comfort station by small pool also has showers.

Are cabins closer together in 2100 loop? I saw avideo and they looked closer????

WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 11:01 PM   #17
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Interesting. Still no fans of 2200,2300,2400,2500,or2600. No online info on these especially.

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 11:08 PM   #18
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
I grew up in Casper! Miss the area now. Living in Texas.

If there are any other questions, please let me know!
Thank you. We will be in Casper in ten days to deliver a rabbit (DD side business). It's still beautiful here.

Have you ever been on the DDP at Ft. Wilderness? We have free dining and I'm wondering what kind of Counter service and snack options on the dining plan are available. I know about Hoop Dee Doo and Trailside and Mickeys BBQ as Table service meals but the other info is more difficult except about the Meadow poolside sandwiches or something.

Old 08-05-2013, 11:40 AM   #19
sharadoc
Visiting Disney World since 1986, happily driving every trip since 1994.

We love 2500, it's the best loop for us. One thing I recommend is asking for the "back" of the loop, since the front of the loop is right across from the bus stop and can be noisy at 6 am on EMH mornings. Especially the kneeling buses that beep to let a wheelchair or scooter on.

On the other hand, that was the signal that it was time to get out of bed in the morning.

Watch Osborne Lights 2013 Winter Wonderland! https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EcF2eEkqtWk

6X POFQ; 3X ASMu FS, FW cabin; 2x BWV, OKW; 1X BCV, YC, CR-TPV, SSR plus many offsite in the 80's
sharadoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-05-2013, 01:34 PM   #20
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by sharadoc View Post
We love 2500, it's the best loop for us. One thing I recommend is asking for the "back" of the loop, since the front of the loop is right across from the bus stop and can be noisy at 6 am on EMH mornings. Especially the kneeling buses that beep to let a wheelchair or scooter on.

On the other hand, that was the signal that it was time to get out of bed in the morning.
Good advice about the buses. Beeping would be irritating. I always wake at first light, but my family might build up a resentment

Old 11-24-2013, 02:36 PM   #21
mjtatman
Mouseketeer

just curious if you've been to FW yet? we are going in january and i have some of the same questions…this thread has been very helpful! so if you've been, what did you do?
2009 - ASM
2008 - FW
2001 - offsite
1994 - offsite
1992 - SSR/Tree Houses
1988 - offsite
1984 - FW
1980 - POLY
mjtatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-10-2014, 10:38 AM   #22
denisegold
Mouseketeer

Just by my own research (and before I thought to come back here and check…) I put in as my 2 requests "near a pool" and 2500 loop. It's our first time to the cabins, so I really wasn't sure what to request. We have a car so we don't have to consider where the bus stops are. Not sure if the pool weather will cooperate but with a 2 and 3 year old, hoping for a dip or two.
Old 01-17-2014, 07:14 PM   #23
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Loop 2500

Quote:
Originally Posted by denisegold View Post
Just by my own research (and before I thought to come back here and check…) I put in as my 2 requests "near a pool" and 2500 loop. It's our first time to the cabins, so I really wasn't sure what to request. We have a car so we don't have to consider where the bus stops are. Not sure if the pool weather will cooperate but with a 2 and 3 year old, hoping for a dip or two.
Hi. Just saw your post. I requested the same thing, "near pool" and "loop 2500" for our trip last week of January (8 days....but who is counting)
neeleyd is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 02:17 PM   #24
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

We will be there in 7 months. Boy that sounds like forever. If you could post when you get back regarding your "loop". I would like to request a good one. LOL. We don't have to worry about the buses. We will be driving to the parks and not using Disney transportation.

Thank you in advance and have a terrific time!!
Old 01-30-2014, 02:29 PM   #25
mjtatman
Mouseketeer

we just got home and stayed in 2725. honestly, if you have a golf cart or a vehicle, then it really doesn't matter where you stay. we were very close to the quiet pool, which was nice because it was a quick visit to do laundry. we were super close to the entrance, but on the opposite side of the water. i requested loop 100, but not a shock we didn't get it….i hear those are for special guests and we aren't that special while we were fairly far from the marina, the kids enjoyed driving down each day and at night, they had fun looking at all of the decorations in the campground. i would venture to say there isn't a bad cabin on grounds!
2009 - ASM
2008 - FW
2001 - offsite
1994 - offsite
1992 - SSR/Tree Houses
1988 - offsite
1984 - FW
1980 - POLY
mjtatman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2014, 04:40 PM   #26
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
We will be there in 7 months. Boy that sounds like forever. If you could post when you get back regarding your "loop". I would like to request a good one. LOL. We don't have to worry about the buses. We will be driving to the parks and not using Disney transportation. Thank you in advance and have a terrific time!!
We requested loop 2500 near pool and got loop 2400. Would have asked to be moved, but Garden Grocer had already delivered to our cabin and it was ready when we arrived. It wasn't bad at all. Very near the main road and internal bus stop. (Actually very close to 2500 and pool. )
Old 03-12-2014, 04:13 PM   #27
Haygar2
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by neeleyd View Post
We requested loop 2500 near pool and got loop 2400. Would have asked to be moved, but Garden Grocer had already delivered to our cabin and it was ready when we arrived. It wasn't bad at all. Very near the main road and internal bus stop. (Actually very close to 2500 and pool. )
Thank you. I wish I had a crystal ball to show me all of the loops. That way i would know which one we wanted to be in. We don't need to worry about being close to internal buses. We will drive to the parks. We would like to see some animals from the deck. That is our main request. Except for loop 100, if we were one of the "lucky ones" to get that loop. You never know.
Old 03-13-2014, 02:50 PM   #28
neeleyd
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Haygar2 View Post
Thank you. I wish I had a crystal ball to show me all of the loops. That way i would know which one we wanted to be in. We don't need to worry about being close to internal buses. We will drive to the parks. We would like to see some animals from the deck. That is our main request. Except for loop 100, if we were one of the "lucky ones" to get that loop. You never know.
Some of the websites have decent maps that will help give you an idea of the loop locations.
wdwinfo.com has a good one. Depends on how near the front of the campground you want to be (buses to other parks, etc.) or near the marina and outpost areas (boat launch to Magic Kingdom, etc.)
Old 05-01-2014, 02:12 PM   #29
Luv_Tink
Mouseketeer

My DH and I are considering switching our December reservation from POR to the Cabins. We are thinking we would either rent a car to get to the parks or rent a golf cart to get around within Ft. Wilderness. Is there any reason one would be better than the other? And does anyone know the current rates for a daily vs. weekly rental of a golf cart? DH really wants to be able to check out the Christmas decorations at the campsites if we stay in the cabins.

Previous Trips: 2000 Honeymoon at WDW Polynesian & Disney Wonder; 2003 Wilderness Lodge; 2004 Christmas at AKL & GF; 2005 Wilderness Lodge; 2006 Disneyland; 2012 Disney Wonder to Alaska

In the Works: Christmas in the FW Cabins! Dec 13-26
Luv_Tink is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-01-2014, 02:55 PM   #30
SeanWM48
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by Luv_Tink View Post
My DH and I are considering switching our December reservation from POR to the Cabins. We are thinking we would either rent a car to get to the parks or rent a golf cart to get around within Ft. Wilderness. Is there any reason one would be better than the other? And does anyone know the current rates for a daily vs. weekly rental of a golf cart? DH really wants to be able to check out the Christmas decorations at the campsites if we stay in the cabins.
the cart is a blast to drive around the cabins. go for it. i can'ts peak on what the rates are at that time; my last two trips in '12 and '13 were to the cabins and the carts were $60-$70/day if you rent from disney. i believe there is a local company who rents out carts much cheaper but i've never tried that myself.

you just cruise around and park it at the bus stop and hop on. or you park it at the beach and get on the boat. lots of fun and i can't say enough good stuff about the cabins (except for the lack of bigger beds!)
SeanWM48 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
cabins, fort wilderness, loops

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: