Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Reply
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread Display Modes
Old 08-04-2013, 10:23 AM   #1
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Fort Wilderness Cabin Loops

Staying at FW cabins in November. It's hard to find preferred loop information WITH good reasons behind them.

If you stayed in one of the cabin loops, why did or you didn't like it?

If I look on google earth it seems some areas have dead trees and some loops the cabins are closer together. Am I seeing things?

Thanks all you loyal FW DISers.
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:28 PM   #2
Missytara
I'm all ears!
 
Missytara's Avatar
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Delaware
Posts: 14,096

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey
Staying at FW cabins in November. It's hard to find preferred loop information WITH good reasons behind them.

If you stayed in one of the cabin loops, why did or you didn't like it?

If I look on google earth it seems some areas have dead trees and some loops the cabins are closer together. Am I seeing things?

Thanks all you loyal FW DISers.
There is tons of info regarding FW on the camping board.
__________________
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 08-04-2013, 02:21 PM   #3
Tinker12
Mouseketeer
 
Tinker12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 366

We've always requested 2700 and 2800. Very close to transportation to parks and very short bus rides.
__________________
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:14 PM   #4
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
We've always requested 2700 and 2800. Very close to transportation to parks and very short bus rides.
Thank you. On Google maps it appears the vegetation is sparse on 2700 and more lush on 2800. Maybe not true. Also, is there a secret trail from the back of loop 2800 to the external bus stop trough to forest.

If you could precisely choose which would you choose?
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:15 PM   #5
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Missytara View Post
There is tons of info regarding FW on the camping board.
Yes, but about camping and not so much cabins.
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:03 PM   #6
Goofy4
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Indianapolis (GO Dawgs)
Posts: 2,915

We simply requested "close to transportation" and got the 2800 loop close to the front. Worked out very well.

They killed of a lot of vegetation 5 years ago maybe. I'm sure none of it is like it used to be long ago.

If you're close to the front of the loop you won't notice it much.
__________________
  • 70's Fort Wilderness x ?
  • 80's Off-site x ?, Treehouse Villas
  • 90's CBR, Royal Plaza , Swan, Hilton
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)

Last edited by Goofy4; 08-04-2013 at 06:08 PM.
Goofy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:07 PM   #7
Tinker12
Mouseketeer
 
Tinker12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Thank you. On Google maps it appears the vegetation is sparse on 2700 and more lush on 2800. Maybe not true. Also, is there a secret trail from the back of loop 2800 to the external bus stop trough to forest.

If you could precisely choose which would you choose?
We have never notice the difference in vegetation between the loops throughout the entire cabin area (including all cabins). Also, I do not know about a secret trail to external bus stop on 2800. There is a bus stop outside the loop of 2700/2800 which is just a short walk. We have always stayed at a cabin that is near to the beginning of the loop. But if one stayed at the bottom of the loop, the walk is very short as well.

We always preferred 2700 but it's because we request the same cabin every year (even though this has not happened... always get very close, one to two cabins off).

Also, the 2700/2800 cabins are close to the stables. When we are waiting for the park buses, my children go to the stables to see the horses.

I have a question for you... looking at your name, I would assume you are from Wyoming?
__________________
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:23 PM   #8
Goofy4
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Indianapolis (GO Dawgs)
Posts: 2,915

Wyo is right about the google earth photo. Can't say that it would keep me from staying in the 2700 loop, but 2800 does look better.
__________________
  • 70's Fort Wilderness x ?
  • 80's Off-site x ?, Treehouse Villas
  • 90's CBR, Royal Plaza , Swan, Hilton
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)
Goofy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:44 PM   #9
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tinker12 View Post
We have never notice the difference in vegetation between the loops throughout the entire cabin area (including all cabins). Also, I do not know about a secret trail to external bus stop on 2800. There is a bus stop outside the loop of 2700/2800 which is just a short walk. We have always stayed at a cabin that is near to the beginning of the loop. But if one stayed at the bottom of the loop, the walk is very short as well.

We always preferred 2700 but it's because we request the same cabin every year (even though this has not happened... always get very close, one to two cabins off).

Also, the 2700/2800 cabins are close to the stables. When we are waiting for the park buses, my children go to the stables to see the horses.

I have a question for you... looking at your name, I would assume you are from Wyoming?
Correct. Sheridan. and thanks for the more thorough reply. Seeing the horses at bus time is a good idea.
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:47 PM   #10
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy4 View Post
Wyo is right about the google earth photo. Can't say that it would keep me from staying in the 2700 loop, but 2800 does look better.
Yeah, it looks scary on google earth, almost like there was a die off of trees. We have pine beetle in Wyoming and the die off has been horrible lately. very unpleasing to the eye.
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 06:50 PM   #11
WyoMickey
Earning My Ears
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Posts: 72

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goofy4 View Post
We simply requested "close to transportation" and got the 2800 loop close to the front. Worked out very well.

They killed of a lot of vegetation 5 years ago maybe. I'm sure none of it is like it used to be long ago.

If you're close to the front of the loop you won't notice it much.
Purposely killed vegetation. I wonder why? Two votes for 2800 which seems to be an external transportation choice. Did you walk to the external bus stop? was it far? or always wait at the internal bus stop?
__________________
Trust in the Lord and lean not to your own understanding.



WyoMickey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:17 PM   #12
Tinker12
Mouseketeer
 
Tinker12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Correct. Sheridan. and thanks for the more thorough reply. Seeing the horses at bus time is a good idea.
I grew up in Casper! Miss the area now. Living in Texas.

If there are any other questions, please let me know!
__________________
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:19 PM   #13
Tinker12
Mouseketeer
 
Tinker12's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jul 2010
Location: Down the Rabbit Hole
Posts: 366

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Purposely killed vegetation. I wonder why? Two votes for 2800 which seems to be an external transportation choice. Did you walk to the external bus stop? was it far? or always wait at the internal bus stop?
Walked to the internal bus stop and rode it to the main bus terminal. The ride was less then 3-4 minutes.

Also, several people rent golf carts as to not ride the internal bus system. I never found issues with the internal bus system.
__________________
AKL Concierge Sept/Oct 2008, AKL Sept/Oct 2009, CBR Sept/Oct 2010 , POFQ March 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2011, Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2012 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2013 Wilderness Cabins Sept/Oct 2014

Tinker12 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:21 PM   #14
WILDERNESS FAN 55
CANNOT GET ENOUGH
 
WILDERNESS FAN 55's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2007
Location: Chicago area
Posts: 871

2100 loop the best . I don't know how many people you have but there is a "Comfort Station" right there (really for the campers) but comes in handy as too many people and just 0ne bathroom causes stress ! I always ran there while DW would get ready . Bus stop right outside of the loop also and short walk to the trading post and both pools.
Enjoy your stay !
__________________
We're not the only people on this Island and we all know it!

Off site 72-76-76-77-78(MM 50th b-day) 79-81-82-85-86 FW-84-86-88-90-90-91-92-95-96
Poly 87 GF 88 CR 90 CBR 91-06-10
Disney Inn 93 ASM 95-96-02 CS 98
POFQ 97 DIXIE Landing 00 POR 07-08 WL-11
DL-Honeymoon-77 03 OKW -13 BLT-13 BWV-13
Trips planned 2015 WDW 2016 Aulani 2017 WDW XMAS
WILDERNESS FAN 55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 07:50 PM   #15
Goofy4
DIS Veteran
 
Goofy4's Avatar
 
Join Date: Sep 2004
Location: Indianapolis (GO Dawgs)
Posts: 2,915

Quote:
Originally Posted by WyoMickey View Post
Purposely killed vegetation. I wonder why? Two votes for 2800 which seems to be an external transportation choice. Did you walk to the external bus stop? was it far? or always wait at the internal bus stop?
We never walked it. It's not quite a close as it looks. Never waited long at all for internal transporation, but we did some driving and it was convenient to not be driving through the campground from the 2800 loop.

There's an "invasive" shrub or something that was taking over the place. I guess the only way to deal with it was to get out the blow torch (not literally).
__________________
  • 70's Fort Wilderness x ?
  • 80's Off-site x ?, Treehouse Villas
  • 90's CBR, Royal Plaza , Swan, Hilton
  • 00's ASsp (Nov '01), OKW (Aug '03), BWV (Oct '05), Pop (May '06), ASmu (April '08), Cabins/Kidani(June '09) Trip Report
  • 10's WL (April '10), SSR (Jan '12)
Goofy4 is offline   Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
cabins, fort wilderness, loops



Thread Tools
Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 08:08 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: