Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 10:52 AM   #1456
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Online is just plugging info into the computer. It does have a "special request" section, but it is one dimensional and can not convey your true intent like a real person. So, if you are looking for a special room, totally agree with Sylkie, and do resort check in. I did online for the first time this year, only because I have a Finding Nemo room and I have no other preference beyond that. Good luck! : )

My TA also suggested doing resort check in for special requests. Putting them on "paper" only goes so far, so if you have a strong need/desire for a particular request, then checking in at resort may be best.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
Thank you so much for the info. I did request a certain room when I made reservations several months ago on the phone so I guess I will do online check in and see what happens.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:01 AM   #1457
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Thank you so much for the info. I did request a certain room when I made reservations several months ago on the phone so I guess I will do online check in and see what happens.
Let us know how it goes! I've always done online check in, but we've also payed for prefered in the past. We are trying Standard this time! We dont have a section preference, just want ground floor, close to transportation, and a pack and play. I wonder if I should wait and do resort check in. We will be checking in early in the day (like 9am-ish), and going to the parks. So I know our room will not be ready, and thats fine. I wonder if they will even have our room assignment that early?
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 11:05 AM   #1458
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Let us know how it goes! I've always done online check in, but we've also payed for prefered in the past. We are trying Standard this time! We dont have a section preference, just want ground floor, close to transportation, and a pack and play. I wonder if I should wait and do resort check in. We will be checking in early in the day (like 9am-ish), and going to the parks. So I know our room will not be ready, and thats fine. I wonder if they will even have our room assignment that early?
I will let you know. I don't check in till October 27th but I will be back.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:32 AM   #1459
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I have one more curious question then I will shut up lol. I am obsessed with looking at the Disney site even though I am all booked. I have been looking at all the resorts and noticed that some are sold out for the special offers while others are not. Some seem to have lots of rooms left and these are nice rooms. Is there something I am missing? Is it the location?
Old 08-21-2013, 11:35 AM   #1460
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I have one more curious question then I will shut up lol. I am obsessed with looking at the Disney site even though I am all booked. I have been looking at all the resorts and noticed that some are sold out for the special offers while others are not. Some seem to have lots of rooms left and these are nice rooms. Is there something I am missing? Is it the location?
It could be any number of things. Some resorts may have been booked well to begin with, leaving not a lot of FD rooms to be bookable. Others are open for FD because in order to get it, you have to pay rack rate on the rooms. Disney rooms (for the most part) are way overpriced. Not everyone likes a dining plan and prefers a room discount instead, especially at the higher end resorts.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:42 AM   #1461
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
It could be any number of things. Some resorts may have been booked well to begin with, leaving not a lot of FD rooms to be bookable. Others are open for FD because in order to get it, you have to pay rack rate on the rooms. Disney rooms (for the most part) are way overpriced. Not everyone likes a dining plan and prefers a room discount instead, especially at the higher end resorts.
I see! Thank you.
Old 08-21-2013, 11:54 AM   #1462
wunkmom
Tattooed, homeschooling, crocheting, cat wrangling SAHM!

Quote:
I saw the pic too, but it was not offered as a color for the trial option I was surprised when it wasn't there; every color except purple.
Good to know I'm not losing my mind completely and that someone else actually saw the same thing!

Quote:
My MDE does not show any numbers for my PH tickets and I believe that is normal. I have been told that as long as everything is correct on your official confirmation from Disney, then all is good. I have also been told to carry and have that official confirmation on hand, just in case. There are still a lot of bugs to be worked out with MDE. What my info says on the app version is even different than the computer version In the reservation area of MDE it states MYW pkg +dining (which is correct), but in another area it stated quick service dining, which is not correct. The mysteries of MDE
Thank you so much for your info! MDE makes me want to strangle it sometimes!

10/2013 - WL - first Deluxe trip!! TRIP REPORT FORTHCOMING!!!
2/2011 - Off site, at Grandma's house, just Wunk & me.
9/2008 - ASSports - So much rain, so few people!
1/2006 - POR - Look Wunk, Santa gave us a trip to Disney!
11/2003 - CBR - Wunk's first trip - Thanksgiving with extended family.
6/1991 - Dolphin - Concierge Level - With my future husband - Subway convention (13th fastest sandwich maker in US!)

Old 08-21-2013, 11:59 AM   #1463
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I saw the pic too, but it was not offered as a color for the trial option I was surprised when it wasn't there; every color except purple.
For those of you who like purple, I believe there is a purple band cover (haunted mansion I think). Ah yes, another marketing opportunity for Disney. You can't accessorize a key card, but a wrist band ... bling it up all you want - for a price!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 08-21-2013, 12:03 PM   #1464
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
I know this is off topic but there are so many Disney experts here. So here goes. Anyone recommend or not recommend early online check in? I'm torn. I read good stuff and bad stuff. The bad stuff scares me. I have 6 days to decide and any info would be appreciated.
It's been recommended not to do online check-in if your picking up your tickets early. I'm doing a split stay so since my tickets are not attached to that ress I guess I can do online check-in.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-21-2013, 12:10 PM   #1465
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by wunkmom View Post

Good to know I'm not losing my mind completely and that someone else actually saw the same thing!

Thank you so much for your info! MDE makes me want to strangle it sometimes!
I am always thinking I have lost my mind...lol.

I could go on and on about MDE! The latest, on the app it stated my last day to customize bands was August 21 and that my 1 yo would just be getting a grey MB. On the computer it stated August 22 was my last day and that my little guy would not get a band. I think the computer version was most accurate. Go figure.

Old 08-21-2013, 12:14 PM   #1466
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

For those of you who like purple, I believe there is a purple band cover (haunted mansion I think). Ah yes, another marketing opportunity for Disney. You can't accessorize a key card, but a wrist band ... bling it up all you want - for a price!
Ah yes. They were thinking way ahead on this one. Love Haunted Mansion, may be a great option for those attending MNSSHP. I bet Figment accessories will be purple; maybe Little Mermaid?? I went with red for a possible Minnie Mouse theme.

Old 08-21-2013, 03:16 PM   #1467
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
I know this is off topic but there are so many Disney experts here. So here goes. Anyone recommend or not recommend early online check in? I'm torn. I read good stuff and bad stuff. The bad stuff scares me. I have 6 days to decide and any info would be appreciated.
Never noticed a difference personally. Lines at online checkin were actually longer last visit.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 08-21-2013, 03:19 PM   #1468
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

I would love magic bands! As a planner its a great tool. Somehow knowing about where i will be each day due to ADR makes planning FP a no brainer.

I alway have a FastPass and end up on the totally wro g end of the park to use it.

I keep getting a pop up, but its just information...

Wonder if they will do it POLY in November?
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
Old 08-21-2013, 03:38 PM   #1469
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I know, right?? Why leave out purple???

The FP+ experience was a little different than I expected. You pick a park you are visiting for the day and MDE gives all the FP choices and you can select up to 3. For the most part, it gives you options A through D and each option has a time for each ride selected. You have to pick one of the options. You can then go in later and modify the time or experience, but in my case, there were not a lot of different time choices. For three of my days, it gave me a "bonus" FP+ selection, making a total of 4 for those days. On one of my days, it gave no choice of options, there was only one.
Ooh. Good info!!
Old 08-21-2013, 03:48 PM   #1470
Nechville
DIS Veteran

I'm so confused about magic bands.
First, I am staying at CSR in November. Will I even have to worry about them?
Second, can you have the bands but not fast pass+?
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: