Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-21-2013, 08:19 AM   #1441
gterin1524
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
Am I reading this right the FP+ magicbands options are available after the 60 day check in window, if it is available at your resort and during your time frame?
Most reports are that magicbands are customizable at 40 days out.
Old 08-21-2013, 08:27 AM   #1442
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Here are the FP+ change options listed on MDE:
1. Select new experience or Replace existing experience.

2. Change existing to a new experience or time.

3. Copy existing FP+ experience selections from one member of your party to another.

4. Cancel experiences.

Just to clarify, 1 and 2 sound similar. 1 is totally replacing all your options with new ones. 2 is if you want to make a change to only 1 selection, or 2, but can only do one at a time. : )

Last edited by plutospalforever; 08-21-2013 at 08:33 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-21-2013, 08:58 AM   #1443
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

What is MDE? And how do I log into this? ( Sorry, first trip to Disney) Also do I have to do online check in to be offered Magic Bands?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:10 AM   #1444
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
What is MDE? And how do I log into this? ( Sorry, first trip to Disney) Also do I have to do online check in to be offered Magic Bands?
My Disney Experience. There is a tab for it located on the Walt Disney World website; top of page. You just have to plug in your confirmation number to get things started. There is also an app for your phone

You do not have to be checked in to be offered MagicBands. But to be offered MB's at this point depends on if your resort is participating in a trial at the time of your stay. If it is, you will have a pop up message when you log in to your My Disney Experience account asking if you would like to customize your bands and make FP+ selections. : ) At this time, it looks like folks are getting these pop ups around their 40-30 day mark.

Last edited by plutospalforever; 08-21-2013 at 09:16 AM.
Old 08-21-2013, 09:16 AM   #1445
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
My Disney Experience. There is a tab for it located on the Walt Disney World website; top of page. You just have to plug in your confirmation number to get things started. There is also an app for your phone

You do not have to be checked in to be offered MagicBands. But to be offered MB's at this point depends on if your resort is participating in a trial at the time of your stay. If it is, you will have a pop up message when you log in to your My Disney Experience account asking if you would like to customize your bands and make FP+ selections. : )
Thank you One more question. Do I have to do online check in to be offered magic bands?
Old 08-21-2013, 09:19 AM   #1446
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Thank you One more question. Do I have to do online check in to be offered magic bands?
Nope.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:26 AM   #1447
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

In fact, if I was reading this correctly, I don't even think you have to have a MDE account. Having MDE will alert one to the fact they are receiving MB's and lets you customize them, but it sounded like Disney would just ship all gray ones with no names to your house otherwise.

And one thing to note about customizing, you can pick any name up to 9 characters to put on them. I wasn't crazy about having our "real" names on them, so we are PlutosPal, PrincessK, PlutoLuvr, Go IRISH, and Go BEARS. The little guy does not get one.

Old 08-21-2013, 09:32 AM   #1448
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Nope.
Thanks for the info. Got my free dining. Now hoping for magic bands!
Old 08-21-2013, 09:55 AM   #1449
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
In fact, if I was reading this correctly, I don't even think you have to have a MDE account. Having MDE will alert one to the fact they are receiving MB's and lets you customize them, but it sounded like Disney would just ship all gray ones with no names to your house otherwise.

And one thing to note about customizing, you can pick any name up to 9 characters to put on them. I wasn't crazy about having our "real" names on them, so we are PlutosPal, PrincessK, PlutoLuvr, Go IRISH, and Go BEARS. The little guy does not get one.
Wish I'd thought of that when I customized our MBs yesterday. Ah well, at least - thanks to you all on Dis - I knew about the MBs in time to be able to customize them. Ours already had "shipping soon" status and message that there wasn't much time left to customize.
Btw, I promise I did NOT influence the decision not to include purple as a color choice! (Not a purple fan here - sorry.)

Disney Fan for Life
Old 08-21-2013, 09:59 AM   #1450
AMateus
Mouseketeer

Any news on Caribbean Beach resort guest getting MB?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:16 AM   #1451
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by AMateus View Post
Any news on Caribbean Beach resort guest getting MB?
All resorts are not testing? Gosh I am so ignorant on this. I need to catch up!
Old 08-21-2013, 10:21 AM   #1452
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I know this is off topic but there are so many Disney experts here. So here goes. Anyone recommend or not recommend early online check in? I'm torn. I read good stuff and bad stuff. The bad stuff scares me. I have 6 days to decide and any info would be appreciated.
Old 08-21-2013, 10:26 AM   #1453
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I know this is off topic but there are so many Disney experts here. So here goes. Anyone recommend or not recommend early online check in? I'm torn. I read good stuff and bad stuff. The bad stuff scares me. I have 6 days to decide and any info would be appreciated.
I know we're not planning on doing it. It might save some time upon arrival (depending on how busy it is when you get there), but you can't interact with it to make special requests or tell it you don't mind waiting a bit to get better room, better location, etc.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 08-21-2013, 10:30 AM   #1454
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
I know we're not planning on doing it. It might save some time upon arrival (depending on how busy it is when you get there), but you can't interact with it to make special requests or tell it you don't mind waiting a bit to get better room, better location, etc.
Oh, okay. So i wouldn't be interacting with a live person? A computer?
Old 08-21-2013, 10:42 AM   #1455
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Oh, okay. So i wouldn't be interacting with a live person? A computer?
Online is just plugging info into the computer. It does have a "special request" section, but it is one dimensional and can not convey your true intent like a real person. So, if you are looking for a special room, totally agree with Sylkie, and do resort check in. I did online for the first time this year, only because I have a Finding Nemo room and I have no other preference beyond that. Good luck! : )

My TA also suggested doing resort check in for special requests. Putting them on "paper" only goes so far, so if you have a strong need/desire for a particular request, then checking in at resort may be best.
Sent from my iPad using DISBoards

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: