Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-19-2013, 05:41 PM   #1351
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal
I just had the oddest conversation. I called WDW because I could see that on my MDE I still had two 2-day base tickets from a reservation I cancelled. I have a new reservation that has different dates and only one 2-day base ticket, and that ticket shows as well, my hotel reservation looks fine, and the free dining is on there. Anyway, I called about the phantom tickets, and the CM told me that I needed to talk to IT Tech Support. I asked them if I should even worry about it, and they said it WAS a problem because I wouldn't be able to do a magic band because of the erroneous tickets. They said that someone would need to cancel them off, and transferred me to another IT person. That IT person said he can't really make them go away, they should go away on their own after the date of my old reservation, they should not cause any problems doing a magic band, and they're there because the person who cancelled my other reservation failed to cancel the tickets first and now it's basically unfixable. Weird, no??? I wasn't too concerned about it, as long as I'm not getting charged, because I think I can't do magic band anyway. I currently have an AP and was planning on getting my 2-day base printed out as a paper ticket and using my AP.

On the plus side, 74 days to go . What to do, what to do, while I'm impatiently waiting????? Well, since I live in Cali, how about a quick trip down to Disneyland two weeks from today!!!! Yippee
Thanks for this post! I also have 2 sets of 6 base MYW tickets! I had a package booked thru AAA, then booked my own pkg, then canceled my own thru disney, but the tickets didn't go away! I wasn't too worried about it! But id hate for that to keep us from trying magic bands! Since my 2 reservations are for the same time, I wonder if it will be a problem! I think ill call tomorrow and see what they say!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-19-2013, 05:58 PM   #1352
HeyIt'sMe
For Tag Fairy's Use only
That weed whacker just intimidates me somethin' fierce!

Quote:
Originally Posted by NorCalGal View Post
I just had the oddest conversation. I called WDW because I could see that on my MDE I still had two 2-day base tickets from a reservation I cancelled. I have a new reservation that has different dates and only one 2-day base ticket, and that ticket shows as well, my hotel reservation looks fine, and the free dining is on there. Anyway, I called about the phantom tickets, and the CM told me that I needed to talk to IT Tech Support. I asked them if I should even worry about it, and they said it WAS a problem because I wouldn't be able to do a magic band because of the erroneous tickets. They said that someone would need to cancel them off, and transferred me to another IT person. That IT person said he can't really make them go away, they should go away on their own after the date of my old reservation, they should not cause any problems doing a magic band, and they're there because the person who cancelled my other reservation failed to cancel the tickets first and now it's basically unfixable. Weird, no??? I wasn't too concerned about it, as long as I'm not getting charged, because I think I can't do magic band anyway. I currently have an AP and was planning on getting my 2-day base printed out as a paper ticket and using my AP.

On the plus side, 74 days to go . What to do, what to do, while I'm impatiently waiting????? Well, since I live in Cali, how about a quick trip down to Disneyland two weeks from today!!!! Yippee
Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Thanks for this post! I also have 2 sets of 6 base MYW tickets! I had a package booked thru AAA, then booked my own pkg, then canceled my own thru disney, but the tickets didn't go away! I wasn't too worried about it! But id hate for that to keep us from trying magic bands! Since my 2 reservations are for the same time, I wonder if it will be a problem! I think ill call tomorrow and see what they say!
We also have 2 sets of 5 day MYW PH tickets listed under the Tickets & Passes section of MDE (due to cancelling a reservation). I had to call Disney anyway to make a change to my room request and mentioned this to the CM and asked if it would cause any problems and she said no. I'll probably call back tomorrow just to make sure!

1970s - Contemporary: Nov 1975
1980s - Offsite: Jun 1985
1990s - Polynesian: Oct 1991, Oct 1993

2000s - Polynesian: Sep 2000, Oct 2001, Sep 2002, Oct 2003, Oct 2004, Oct 2006, Oct 2008
2010s - Polynesian: Oct 2010, Oct 2011, Oct 2012, Oct 2013
Trip Planning in Progress - Grand Floridian (sorry Polynesian): Oct 2014
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-19-2013, 06:04 PM   #1353
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HeyIt'sMe View Post

We also have 2 sets of 5 day MYW PH tickets listed under the Tickets & Passes section of MDE (due to cancelling a reservation). I had to call Disney anyway to make a change to my room request and mentioned this to the CM and asked if it would cause any problems and she said no. I'll probably call back tomorrow just to make sure!
Mine shows 2 sets also. Hopefully this all gets worked out but next time I contact my TA I will mention it too. I really hope it does not affect magic bands.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-19-2013, 06:31 PM   #1354
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Similar thing...I canceled my Disney ressie and booked through Travelocity. The Disney CM failed to cancel my tix. However, when I called tech support, the person did remove them from MDE immediately (while I was still on the phone, I refreshed my screen and they were gone). Now, I show no tix bc I can't get the Travelocity ones to link. So....I know they can fix it. In fact, the tech support CM told me that it needed to be fixed. I would just make sure you don't get charged for those tix if they're still showing up....although maybe it's just paranoid me...I've been told so many incorrect things from CMs now that I never know what to believe.
Old 08-19-2013, 06:46 PM   #1355
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I have an extra set of 6 day park hoppers showing on my account, also. I sure hope it doesn't mess up getting to test the magic bands!
Old 08-19-2013, 07:12 PM   #1356
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I don't have extra tickets but the countdown calendar in MDE won't reset since I rescheduled my trip a few weeks ago. Not a problem but just yet another quirk in MDE.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 08-19-2013, 07:27 PM   #1357
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

I also have 2 sets of tickets.
Old 08-19-2013, 08:22 PM   #1358
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
I also have 2 sets of tickets.
Us too

Old 08-19-2013, 08:32 PM   #1359
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
Us too
O.K. I feel better. If there are this many of us, and that is not including the general population, that are having this issue, they are going to have to fix it. There would be very few left eligible for magic bands!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-19-2013, 08:54 PM   #1360
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Hey guys. Just dropping in to say hello. The conference is going great and each day is a day closer to my Disney vacation!

By the way, I should have mentioned it before. If anyone wants follow me on twitter, I've been tweeting during the conference. If anyone is interested, my name there is black743. If you like any posts please favorite them if you don't mind.

Take care everyone!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 08-19-2013, 08:57 PM   #1361
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
O.K. I feel better. If there are this many of us, and that is not including the general population, that are having this issue, they are going to have to fix it. There would be very few left eligible for magic bands!
You should be able to call tech support and get it fixed. I was able to, and it wasn't hard (didn't take long at all....was off MDE before I was off the phone with them). If you call and the person says they can't, hang up and call back to get somebody else.
Old 08-20-2013, 12:17 AM   #1362
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Is it weird that on MDE (on my phone & computer, both with the app & Safari), it only shows 2 of the 3 of us have 5 day PH as part of our MYWP? Me & the 4 yr old. You'd think it would be me & DH!! When I called (either asking about FD or when we got it....I don't remember), the CM said we all had tix.

MDE also does not show FD. I'm pretty sure it usually doesn't (I've only seen it when I click the link in my confirmation email.

Good grief. I've never seen something so buggy and confusing :-/.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 08-20-2013, 06:19 AM   #1363
MDMagicMom
Pixie Dust all around

My MDE shows FD. Why would it not show it?
Old 08-20-2013, 07:33 AM   #1364
scard192
DIS Veteran

In 60 days we will be checking into POFQ . Was going to check in on line but MDE only has an option for me to do it not my sis. Will have to see if there is a way to accomplish check in for us both as its doubtful she would even know how to log in.
Old 08-20-2013, 08:48 AM   #1365
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Well, if I go by "business days" (which is not specified) today would be day 7, otherwise it's day 10. Even though I sent a second email, I'm giving them the benefit of the doubt that they mean business days, and wait until tomorrow without contact before I become fuming. Hopefully I hear from them today, so you can finally stop listening to me gripe about it!!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: