Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 06:19 PM   #1246
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
She didnt do an interview, she tweeted it, which is worse. Why aren't you consoling your traumatized children instead of being on twitter?
However it was said -- glad someone agrees me!
I try not to get too opinionated on here but that really struck a nerve with me.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 07:11 PM   #1247
FrugalFashionista
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

She didnt do an interview, she tweeted it, which is worse. Why aren't you consoling your traumatized children instead of being on twitter?
If my kids were traumatized the last thing I would be doing is tweeting! It's really sad how addicted to social media ppl are!
DS6

First Family Trip: December 2013

Already planning for 2015!
FrugalFashionista is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 07:38 PM   #1248
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville

It's been my dream to stay at Beach Club -- until I found out about the busing from there! Stops at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and then Beach Club? I would expect more from a Deluxe! I know you can walk to Epcot, and it has the boats to Epcot and HS, but it is very disappointing to hear how many others it shares with. Makes me reconsider until my kids are much older to be able to be patient/stand for that long.
I'm with ya! It just seems a bit much. I wouldn't consider staying on site if it wasn't for the transportation. I have a DD 6 and 4. If I have to get in a car to drive to a park I feel like I should stay off site. My opinion only but that's my main reason.
Chela227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:06 PM   #1249
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562
Hey guys. I'll be on and off the boards for the next few days, as I attend a Travel & Tourism Conference in Richmond.

I take it y'all can manage things just fine?
If we must!!
Kat016 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #1250
reneaterry
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
The magical express accident is very sad. I read an article online where a woman riding the bus said her kids were traumatized. While I don't doubt it was a very frightening situation, I can't help but think if they were so traumatized, why were you off doing an interview? Wonder how many people will try to sue Mears and Disney.

My trip is in 90 days. Still need to book flights. Today the price dropped dramatically, but not with the airline we usually fly. This airline would have a layover, making our three hour trip six to eight hours. Plus we would have to pay for the checked bags and we have the credit card that gives free bags for a different airline. So with all that figured in, it's not that much cheaper. Hoping the airline I want follows the price drop.
I thought the exact same thing. She wants to try and get something out of it.
reneaterry is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:13 PM   #1251
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

transportation question

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chela227 View Post
I'm with ya! It just seems a bit much. I wouldn't consider staying on site if it wasn't for the transportation. I have a DD 6 and 4. If I have to get in a car to drive to a park I feel like I should stay off site. My opinion only but that's my main reason.
Can you easily park your car at poly, GF, or Contemp.? I just read a tip to drive the car to one of those resorts, then hop on the monorail. This seems much easier than going to TTC to get into MK, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to park there? We have an 8:10 ressie at CRT and don't want to rely on the bus....I'm afraid we'll be late if buses don't start running until one hout before park opening.
We are staying at POR......
TDDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:18 PM   #1252
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
Can you easily park your car at poly, GF, or Contemp.? I just read a tip to drive the car to one of those resorts, then hop on the monorail. This seems much easier than going to TTC to get into MK, but I wasn't sure if we'd be allowed to park there? We have an 8:10 ressie at CRT and don't want to rely on the bus....I'm afraid we'll be late if buses don't start running until one hout before park opening.
We are staying at POR......
You can valet park at those resorts for the day, but you cannot park there for the day for free or you risk being towed. You can drive to CR and eat/explore (3 hour max.), and then drive to TTC to park for the day.
smitch425 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:19 PM   #1253
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, a Magical Express bus has been involved in a crash with a car. There is one dead and a few injuries.

So sad...
This is very sad. My heart goes out to that woman's family.

I have to hope my wife does not find out about this or she may try to convince me not to use magical express, even though no one on the bus seems to have been seriously injured.

LouFapp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #1254
LouFapp

I am staying in a Garden View room at POR and was thinking about putting in a room request. Any suggestions? We aren't really picky and don't mind having to walk, but it would be nice to get one of those outer corner rooms with two wall's of windows. Just not sure the best way to make that request.

Old 08-16-2013, 08:22 PM   #1255
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
You can valet park at those resorts for the day, but you cannot park there for the day for free or you risk being towed. You can drive to CR and eat/explore (3 hour max.), and then drive to TTC to park for the day.
Thanks. I better not risk it. We would need to park from about 7:30-11:30. I read somewhere that you can tell them you have an early ADR, and they will send a bus for you. Do you know if this is accurate info?
TDDisney is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:26 PM   #1256
LouFapp

Does anyone else use the TWiz app to determine the best way to get around the Disney property? Is there a better alternative out there?

Old 08-16-2013, 08:33 PM   #1257
snuggly duckling
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Does anyone else use the TWiz app to determine the best way to get around the Disney property? Is there a better alternative out there?
I do. No complaints!
snuggly duckling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #1258
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

This is very sad. My heart goes out to that woman's family.

I have to hope my wife does not find out about this or she may try to convince me not to use magical express, even though no one on the bus seems to have been seriously injured.
I was thinking the same about my husband... I certainly did not bring it up. Not when he is questioning the length of our trip as it is!

Such a sad, sad thing to happen.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

-------------------------
April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:37 PM   #1259
sladphie
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney

Thanks. I better not risk it. We would need to park from about 7:30-11:30. I read somewhere that you can tell them you have an early ADR, and they will send a bus for you. Do you know if this is accurate info?
Talk to your hotel's concierge a day or two beforehand, and they will tell you the best way to get there on time. There is an "early bus" for ADRs but they will tell you if you need it.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using DISBoards

2014 - Port Orleans Riverside
2013 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2011 - Caribbean Beach Resort
2009 - Fort Wilderness Campground
2002 - Animal Kingdom Lodge
1997 - Off Property
Plus MANY visits as a child!

sladphie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 08:45 PM   #1260
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I am staying in a Garden View room at POR and was thinking about putting in a room request. Any suggestions? We aren't really picky and don't mind having to walk, but it would be nice to get one of those outer corner rooms with two wall's of windows. Just not sure the best way to make that request.
Just ask for a corner room! As far as I know, they all have the extra windows.
I'm tying to figure out my request as well. I originally wanted preferred but got standard (AB, for 5), when FD came out. I think I just want a building that is along the main path, I guess that would be 38 or 39. Do you think I should ask for the building numbers, or do you think they will know what I mean if I say along the main river path? I just do not want a room too "deep in the bayou"! My second request would be the corner room too, I'm sure we will need that extra room.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

-------------------------
April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
CaraMiaBelle is offline   Reply With Quote

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: