Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-16-2013, 02:45 PM   #1231
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post

Did you get a ress? I ended up canceling my whispering canyon cafe on that Friday to go to hs to see the Osborne Christmas lights that night. Maybe we'll see you there.
I had one since 180 days out! Usually we do Brown Derby, but was unimpressed last visit. So we decided to try something new.

Did Fantasmic dinner pkg last time too, also unimpressed with Fantasmic .....but thats another tale!
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 02:47 PM   #1232
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

We always take our car to non-monorail parks( but we stay at POLY. We are not fans of the bus system at all.....

Drove to all non-monorails last time and it was much much better in every way!

I wont go into detail on our unfortunate bus experiences.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
xipotec is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-16-2013, 04:03 PM   #1233
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bflo Dave View Post

We were gonna stay at POR from nov.11-18 but instead we are staying at pop century never stayed there before but i have heard lots of good reviews
We have stayed there before and are staying again Nov 16-22....we LOVE it!

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:05 PM   #1234
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Looking for suggestions for a website on how best go get around using Disney transportation. Such as how to get from AK to EPCOT and such.

Thanks
Disney buses will take you from park to park, no problem.

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Mom22girls56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:18 PM   #1235
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
We always take our car to non-monorail parks( but we stay at POLY. We are not fans of the bus system at all.....

This is our first time to Disney in about 20 years and we are staying on site at CBR. I've been reading a lot about the bus transportation and I'm a little worried. Since we will have our car would it be best to drive to all the parks? Any tips?
Old 08-16-2013, 04:23 PM   #1236
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec

I looked into the transport system for deluxe resorts and I'm really surprised at the lack of decent transport. I feel like its an encouragement to stay at a stand alone value. We are considering WL but I just can't seem to make the switch from POP on bus reviews alone. Moderates are out all together d/t those multiple bus stops, just don't think I can do it...
Chela227 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:25 PM   #1237
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by totebagg View Post
This is our first time to Disney in about 20 years and we are staying on site at CBR. I've been reading a lot about the bus transportation and I'm a little worried. Since we will have our car would it be best to drive to all the parks? Any tips?
We didn't have problems with buses on our last trip. We were at POFQ which is a lot smaller and only had one stop at the resort, so that might have helped. We are at CSR this time so I am a little worried. Only because I have two small kids and the dreaded stroller. We are hoping for a room near the first bus pickup spot to make it more likely we get a seat. Trying to hold a kid and a stroller isn't possible. On the way back from the parks it could get trickier, especially at the popular times. I am expecting lines then. I think we will wait for the next bus to come if when it is our turn to board, it is standing room only. I definitely do not expect or want someone to give up their seat so my kid can sit though -- everyone has tired feet at the end of a day! So wait we will. If we had a car, I might be inclined to use it on the days I knew I would be leaving at the popular times -- after fireworks, etc.
Nechville is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:29 PM   #1238
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chela227 View Post
I looked into the transport system for deluxe resorts and I'm really surprised at the lack of decent transport. I feel like its an encouragement to stay at a stand alone value. We are considering WL but I just can't seem to make the switch from POP on bus reviews alone. Moderates are out all together d/t those multiple bus stops, just don't think I can do it...
It's been my dream to stay at Beach Club -- until I found out about the busing from there! Stops at Swan, Dolphin, Yacht Club, and then Beach Club? I would expect more from a Deluxe! I know you can walk to Epcot, and it has the boats to Epcot and HS, but it is very disappointing to hear how many others it shares with. Makes me reconsider until my kids are much older to be able to be patient/stand for that long.
Old 08-16-2013, 04:40 PM   #1239
black562
Dis Whisperer

Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, a Magical Express bus has been involved in a crash with a car. There is one dead and a few injuries.

So sad...
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

My Disney Blog: www.disneybyjoe.com

black562 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:42 PM   #1240
militarymomto5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Hey guys, in case you haven't heard, a Magical Express bus has been involved in a crash with a car. There is one dead and a few injuries.

So sad...
That is awful. Hope the number doesn't rise...
militarymomto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:46 PM   #1241
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

Just paid off my trip! woohoo!!!!!!! 73 days to go!!!
rileyroo120 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 04:51 PM   #1242
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyroo120 View Post
Just paid off my trip! woohoo!!!!!!! 73 days to go!!!
72 days for me! See you there!:cheer2 rincessrincessrincess:
KathieSmallwood is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 05:23 PM   #1243
militarymomto5
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
72 days for me! See you there!:cheer2 rincessrincessrincess:
120 for me, but who's counting? HAHA. YEA RIGHT. Every minute of every day is a countdown! So excited for our very first trip ever!
militarymomto5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-16-2013, 06:13 PM   #1244
Nechville
DIS Veteran

The magical express accident is very sad. I read an article online where a woman riding the bus said her kids were traumatized. While I don't doubt it was a very frightening situation, I can't help but think if they were so traumatized, why were you off doing an interview? Wonder how many people will try to sue Mears and Disney.

My trip is in 90 days. Still need to book flights. Today the price dropped dramatically, but not with the airline we usually fly. This airline would have a layover, making our three hour trip six to eight hours. Plus we would have to pay for the checked bags and we have the credit card that gives free bags for a different airline. So with all that figured in, it's not that much cheaper. Hoping the airline I want follows the price drop.
Old 08-16-2013, 06:17 PM   #1245
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
The magical express accident is very sad. I read an article online where a woman riding the bus said her kids were traumatized. While I don't doubt it was a very frightening situation, I can't help but think if they were so traumatized, why were you off doing an interview? Wonder how many people will try to sue Mears and Disney.

My trip is in 90 days. Still need to book flights. Today the price dropped dramatically, but not with the airline we usually fly. This airline would have a layover, making our three hour trip six to eight hours. Plus we would have to pay for the checked bags and we have the credit card that gives free bags for a different airline. So with all that figured in, it's not that much cheaper. Hoping the airline I want follows the price drop.
She didnt do an interview, she tweeted it, which is worse. Why aren't you consoling your traumatized children instead of being on twitter?

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: