Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-15-2013, 10:08 AM   #1156
Eric in TX
Belle, it's about time you got your head out of those books and started thinking about more important things....like me.

I'm glad to hear some availability opened and up and folks had some good luck this morning

People ask me how much planning & work I put into planning out a Disney vacation.

My answer: A Disney vacation takes more planning than needed for a day at the beach or park.....and slightly less effort than it takes to plan an ascent of Mt. Everest.

Congrats to all who had some success, and good luck to those still trying!
Old 08-15-2013, 10:13 AM   #1157
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

So excited!!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-15-2013, 10:27 AM   #1158
ColonelHathi
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aaarcher86 View Post
3 nights resort and 2 day tickets.
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRatPack View Post
The 6 night minimum was just an example on the website.....it's less see where someone replied to me above
Thank you for this information, it totally helped us to secure out one miscue date (10/18) that wasn't available when we book CSR with FD last week! I kept checking for our ENTIRE stay at CSR 10/18-10/25, but saw no availability. We were able to grab 10/18-10/21 last night and our TA "merged" the two reservations to get us 10/18 as well (we had a CSR RO discount on 10/18, CSR with FD 10/19-10/25, POR RO discount 10/25-10/27 = ugh, what a pain)!

Not POR, but ALERT I did just free up POR Royal Room, Riverview for 10/18-10/24 (didn't work out for us without 10/25, would have been $500 more and we'd be paying for the view that isn't important to us).

2 weeks after the official release and we are FINALLY good with what we got for Free Dining.

CSR 10/18-10/25
POR (room only discount) 10/25-10/27 - to get our POR fix

TBD ~ August 2015
CSR October 2013, POR October 2013

Jungle Cruise Skipper ~ Spring CP, Summer Seasonal 1995
Old 08-15-2013, 10:53 AM   #1159
ALD85
DIS Veteran

When you check in at your resort do they put your park tickets on your KTTW card (or magic band) or give you tickets? Last time I was there I was a teen, so idk exactly how that part works.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:11 AM   #1160
Dancegrl624
DIS Veteran

Just cancelled POR royal guest room with garden view for December 12-15. Hope this can help someone!

Completed Trip Reports
A Sept 2013 Solo Trip to the World It's A Cat World After All A Sept 2012 TRCelebrations Galore & Free Dining Too! A Sept 2012 PTR
Take Small Children By The Hand...a Sept Trip Report "I Want To Go Back!!!...a Sept 2010 PTR
Heat,Headaches but So Much Fun! My June Birthday TR Wishes Do Come True!...a Birthday PTR A Surprise Fit for a Princess...PTR and TR
1984-1st trip, 1987-offsite, 1991-offsite, 1992-Contemporary (won that trip!), 1997-ASMu, 2002-offsite (DH's 1st trip),
2006-offsite (DD's 1st trip), Jan 2009-offsite, June 2009- Birthday trip at Pop,Sept 2010-Pop Century,Aug 2012-Boardwalk Inn,Sept 2012-POFQ (DS's 1st trip),Sept 2013-CR (Earmarked Conference), March 2014-DCL AEP on the Magic
Old 08-15-2013, 11:13 AM   #1161
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Ah, so that's why you didn't wave back. LOL Maybe we could arrange a 'meet and greet' sometime.
I am assuming that LAX refers to some kind of sports rather than the Los Angeles airport?
Actually, I'm an accountant but I used to do substitute teaching in FL when the kids were growing up.
Ahhh, maybe that is where I got the teacher thing from. Yes, LAX stands for lacrosse which I think was a pretty popular sport up north but is really catching on here as well. It is kind of a combination of hockey/soccer.
WE should arrange a meet sometime soon!

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Hi! Glad to hear you survived your airport ordeal and made it back safely!
It is always an adventure right?? The kids actually did great....I saw some adults acting worse. We went to Niagra Falls (I have never been) and that was so much fun! Although, I am surprised there aren't more accidents with people falling in the rapids. Scary! My poor 10 year old thought we were going right into the falls when we did the maid of the mist boatride. Poor guy! Another thing he can tell Oprah when he grows up....

Quote:
Originally Posted by zamboniman333 View Post
For sure I have been checking 5 to 6 times ( or more but who's counting right) since the offer came out!! And then after what happened yesterday I wasn't going to check again this morning but my DW check anyways and got it for us!!! We were just happy to be going but getting our #2 resort choice (#1 being pofq) makes it that much better!!!!!! Just keep trying!!!!
That is great!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Congratulations! If you miss your Disney stalking at anytime, feel free to stalk for 'Ohana for me! LOL I changed my dates from the first week in December, for free dining at lost all my original perfect reservations. : (
You can also stalk 1900 Park Fare for me.
Old 08-15-2013, 11:58 AM   #1162
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by emsmommy323 View Post

I got it! I finally, finally. finally got the rooms and resort I wanted!!!!!!!!!! I feel like I just won the stinking lottery!!!!

Now what am I going to do with my time that I'm not stalking the Disney website for rooms!?!? LOL
Yay for you!!! That's exactly how I felt when we finally got POR too. Now I just want a standard view to save some more money.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:11 PM   #1163
emsmommy323
Mouseketeer

I made celebratory whoopie pies for everyone! It's amazing how much you can get accomplished when you're not staring at the Disney website longingly!
Old 08-15-2013, 12:31 PM   #1164
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
When you check in at your resort do they put your park tickets on your KTTW card (or magic band) or give you tickets? Last time I was there I was a teen, so idk exactly how that part works.
When I went last year everything was on the KTTW card. I actually went to Animal Kingdom the first day and stood in the ticket line thinking I had to use my card to get passes at the window but was informed that I just go to the turnstiles and swipe my card. They can also attach a credit card to your KTTW card so you don't have to carry anything extra besides your KTTW card.

If you have a dining plan your food credits will also be on your card.

Last edited by LouFapp; 08-15-2013 at 12:38 PM.
Old 08-15-2013, 12:53 PM   #1165
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Ahhh, maybe that is where I got the teacher thing from. Yes, LAX stands for lacrosse which I think was a pretty popular sport up north but is really catching on here as well. It is kind of a combination of hockey/soccer.
WE should arrange a meet sometime soon!

It is always an adventure right?? The kids actually did great....I saw some adults acting worse. We went to Niagra Falls (I have never been) and that was so much fun! Although, I am surprised there aren't more accidents with people falling in the rapids. Scary! My poor 10 year old thought we were going right into the falls when we did the maid of the mist boatride. Poor guy! Another thing he can tell Oprah when he grows up....

That is great!!

You can also stalk 1900 Park Fare for me.
I was able to get 1900! It was at 4:15, but I wasn't being choosy at this point...I just can't have those super late reservations. It is on our last day and we are staying at AoA for that one night, and not doing the parks that day. My kids would never make it to one of those late reservations! Too bad you aren't going the same time as me. I have another early ADR for 1900 a couple days earlier that I will be cancelling once I get my schedule set.
I'm also stalking for a Chef Mickey's reservation on our first night...I thought that would be a good way to start out the week.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-15-2013, 01:23 PM   #1166
photos_101
Mouseketeer

Hi everyone!
I have a quick question..If I cancel my FD ressie will they credit back my debit card or will they be able to transfer the amt paid to another ressie I have?
I have a FD at CSR but am wanting to cancel that because my DD made us a ressie for BC with her discount. I just wanted to know which way to expect the refund to go. I would rather just have it applied to the BC ressie but was not sure if it would be easier to just take the credit back onto my card and then just pay towards the bc ressie later. Also how long does it take for the credit on the card to show up?
Thanks so much! First time staying at BC so very excited!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:51 PM   #1167
camgenemmysmom
Earning My Ears

So today is my Birthday I decide I am going to call Disney and see if I have any pins attached to my name. I know the last pin codes just expired but I thought maybe I could get some pixie dust if there was an old one there. Well there was nothing under my name or my husbands of course But as I am saying Thank you for your time blah blah blah she tells me that "Tinkerbell just told me that you will have a great Birthday surprise, so check your e-mail today!" We are staying at AOA which of course isn't included in the free dining offer but I am still holding out hope to somehow get it And now my Birthday is going to be spent checking my e-mail until something from Disney Destinations shows up! Any gueses as to what it might be? I really am hoping it is a FD pin but that seems a little to good to be true!
Old 08-15-2013, 01:52 PM   #1168
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Just ordered PP+! Now if I could just snag FD, I'd be ready to go!!!! 65 days!!
Old 08-15-2013, 02:01 PM   #1169
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by camgenemmysmom View Post
So today is my Birthday I decide I am going to call Disney and see if I have any pins attached to my name. I know the last pin codes just expired but I thought maybe I could get some pixie dust if there was an old one there. Well there was nothing under my name or my husbands of course But as I am saying Thank you for your time blah blah blah she tells me that "Tinkerbell just told me that you will have a great Birthday surprise, so check your e-mail today!" We are staying at AOA which of course isn't included in the free dining offer but I am still holding out hope to somehow get it And now my Birthday is going to be spent checking my e-mail until something from Disney Destinations shows up! Any gueses as to what it might be? I really am hoping it is a FD pin but that seems a little to good to be true!
Wow! That sounds promising! I called on my birthday too, and got nothing, but no one mentioned Tinkerbell. Here's hoping for some really good pixie dust for you!
You'll have to let us know what the email is!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-15-2013, 02:08 PM   #1170
Chela227
Mouseketeer

Just saw a post on the magic band test thread that said that POR guests will have magic bands and FP+ starting Sept 2nd/3rd onward!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: