Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-14-2013, 09:22 AM   #1096
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by v.t. View Post
Twice I saw availability and it disappeared while waiting on hold to modify my reservation. When I saw availability the third time, I tried to book online, exact thing happened to me. I tried e-mailing, no pixie dust. So I have accepted my fate and we will stay at CSR. I think the boys will be okay with that since, rumor has it, there is a cheerleading competition going on while we are there.
Same thing happened to me last week. Then the next day I found the availability again and was able to do it myself online. When I called a little while later to cancel my original reservation, the CM scolded me and said I should have called to change the reservation. He had no answer when I told him I tried to do that only to have the availability disappear while on hold!
Old 08-14-2013, 09:32 AM   #1097
zamboniman333
Ye come Seeking Adventure and Saly Old Pirates, A Ye?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post

A few people have had some luck emailing -- read up a few pages and you'll see it. Might be worth a shot for this situation? I wonder if the error was because someone else booked it right before you? And in that case, first come--first serve? But that really stinks. To get your hopes up and then nothing? Not very magical.
Thanks... Do you know what page that was on ( the people who emailed?). Just want to make sure I send it in the same way

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-14-2013, 09:42 AM   #1098
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Iv rearranged my adrs(again) and wanted to know if anyone here has eatten at Mama Melrose in hs. We had ress at whispering canyon that day after going to ak since that park closes early but haven't heard to many positive reviews. Figured on going to hs that night to see the Osborne Christmas lights so I took a 4:45 ress there.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-14-2013, 09:47 AM   #1099
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
Iv rearranged my adrs(again) and wanted to know if anyone here has eatten at Mama Melrose in hs. We had ress at whispering canyon that day after going to ak since that park closes early but haven't heard to many positive reviews. Figured on going to hs that night to see the Osborne Christmas lights so I took a 4:45 ress there.
Funny I just cancelled a lunch today with fantasmic package while rearranging my ADR's yet again. I thought the menu looked really good myself...I hope I don't regret it!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-14-2013, 10:05 AM   #1100
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
We ate there our last trip (2008) and have ADR again for our December trip. We all liked it and I had very picky eaters when we went before
Old 08-14-2013, 10:10 AM   #1101
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Funny I just cancelled a lunch today with fantasmic package while rearranging my ADR's yet again. I thought the menu looked really good myself...I hope I don't regret it!
My kids a picky eater but loves pizza so after looking at there menu I noticed they have a flatbread pizza, my mother loves steak and I like chicken parm so this seemed to work out the best. I want to see the Osborne Christmas lights go on at six.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-14-2013, 10:22 AM   #1102
bdillahu
Mouseketeer

Quote:
We ate there (Mama Melrose) a couple of years ago. It was good, but not great to us. Nothing overtly "wrong" with it, just wasn't outstanding.

We're doing something different this time around, but not purposely avoiding it.

Is that a vague enough recommendation??? :-)
Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #1103
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

I still love it when I see a post on Facebook that says they just broke the news on something we've discussed here for days or even weeks. Haha
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 08-14-2013, 10:25 AM   #1104
magictam2
Mouseketeer

Hi Guys
I need help. I called the Dining reservations for information, but didn't hear what I wanted to so thought I would check here too.

I have tickets for the MVMCP which starts at 7pm. I also have reservations for Crystal Palace at 4pm. I thought I had heard that w/the MVMCP tickets you could get in the part at 4:30pm. I wanted to confirm this, so I called.

The CM I spoke with said I would have to have a regular park admission tickets for the 4:30 reservation and that entry for the MVMCP won't begin until 7:00. I do know she was looking this up off the "web" site as she was reading the information to me.

Since I don't want to use one of my regular admissions should I just cancel the Crystal Palace reservation?

Thanks for your knowledge and advice.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:32 AM   #1105
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I still love it when I see a post on Facebook that says they just broke the news on something we've discussed here for days or even weeks. Haha
Hmmm....whatever could you be referring to??? BB perhaps???

Old 08-14-2013, 10:34 AM   #1106
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by magictam2 View Post
Hi Guys
I need help. I called the Dining reservations for information, but didn't hear what I wanted to so thought I would check here too.

I have tickets for the MVMCP which starts at 7pm. I also have reservations for Crystal Palace at 4pm. I thought I had heard that w/the MVMCP tickets you could get in the part at 4:30pm. I wanted to confirm this, so I called.

The CM I spoke with said I would have to have a regular park admission tickets for the 4:30 reservation and that entry for the MVMCP won't begin until 7:00. I do know she was looking this up off the "web" site as she was reading the information to me.

Since I don't want to use one of my regular admissions should I just cancel the Crystal Palace reservation?

I know with MNSSHP I can enter park at 4 pm, so I would think MVMCP would the same??? 3 hours prior to party start time.

Old 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #1107
MomofKatie
Maybe if you leave some chocolate under your pillow the Tag Fairy will visit you!
In the second grade I looked like a mini senior citizen!
"Dairy World?" "Fairy World." "OH, DARN IT!!!"

Quote:
Hi Guys

You won't have any problem getting to your ADR with just the party ticket- CMs start admitting party guests at 4pm. For some reason, even though the 4pm admittance policy has been in place for YEARS, the CMs on the phone tell people that they won't get in until 7, which is NOT TRUE. Don't worry and have a great dinner at Crystal Palace.
Old 08-14-2013, 10:35 AM   #1108
dizzyr
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Guys

I called and asked the same thing except my reservation was at 3:50 so before the 4:00 time I read they would let you in and the cm I spoke to said it was ok. I bet if we called a third one would give us a different answer.

****** DL Feb/02, DL Feb/07, WDW Nov/13, DCL Nov/13 ******
Next trip WDW October 2015 TOT10 mile here I come!
Old 08-14-2013, 10:40 AM   #1109
babydoll65

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by bdillahu View Post
We ate there (Mama Melrose) a couple of years ago. It was good, but not great to us. Nothing overtly "wrong" with it, just wasn't outstanding.

We're doing something different this time around, but not purposely avoiding it.

Is that a vague enough recommendation??? :-)

Thanks for your input. It's so hard to figure which adr would work best. We're at ak that day and do not usually stay till closing. Just not sure what to pick that's on the way to hs.

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-14-2013, 10:57 AM   #1110
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
I've been doing that on these same boards. I'm scrolling through Community or Resorts and someone comes out with "hey ......" either an announcement or question about FD or RO or even F&W and I'm like um yeah if you'd been on the Discounts and code board and following our thread you'd already know that.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: