Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-10-2013, 12:10 AM   #751
Fivemuggles
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Yay! Finally!
What room type did you get? I'm trying to decide if I should try to get my TA to find a Preferred or Riverview room, or leave my reservation alone as standard and request the building I am hoping for. I don't think I've heard anyone request a building in AB before though. I know it has sounded like most everyone gets the requests they make.
We were originally booked before FD dropped w standard, but had to upgrade to garden view. It's a small price to pay for 8 days of meals for 5 people! I now if only MDE would work so I could see my date countdown haha!
Old 08-10-2013, 12:25 AM   #752
jencat7630
Earning My Ears

Fivemuggles... I'm new here just wondering what dates at por you got the fd for ?
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-10-2013, 12:39 AM   #753
Vickmeys
Yikes!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Today was a little depressing. A plane crashed about 3 miles from my house (I live near Tweed Airport) and the house in crashed into had a 1 year old and a 13 year old inside.

Everyone hug your kids extra tight tonight.
This news is terrible. Prayers go out to all those involved.

Old 08-10-2013, 12:48 AM   #754
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vickmeys View Post

This news is terrible. Prayers go out to all those involved.
Yes quite sad. I just never understand why things like this happen.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 08-10-2013, 02:35 AM   #755
wreck99
Earning My Ears

I apologize if this was already covered somewhere in this thread, because I didn't read all the replies. But this caught my eye. I'm a new DVC member and booked my vacation 10/27-11/2 at SSR a couple weeks ago. How do I get this perk? We are planning on adding a dining plan anyway, so this would be awesome! We are also planning on buying the annual passes, haven't done it yet.

March 2013 - Art of Animation (1st Disney Trip)
October 2013 - Saratoga Springs (1st DVC Trip)
March 2014 - Wilderness Lodge (No Kids!)
September 2014 - Animal Kingdom Kidani Village

Proud DVC Owner at Saratoga Springs Resort and Spa!

Old 08-10-2013, 05:23 AM   #756
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
Can I tell you how much I LOVE my TA!?!? She was finally able to get us POR FD for our trip!! Wahoooooo!!!
Yay I'm so happy for you!!!
Old 08-10-2013, 05:57 AM   #757
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck99 View Post
I apologize if this was already covered somewhere in this thread, because I didn't read all the replies. But this caught my eye. I'm a new DVC member and booked my vacation 10/27-11/2 at SSR a couple weeks ago. How do I get this perk? We are planning on adding a dining plan anyway, so this would be awesome! We are also planning on buying the annual passes, haven't done it yet.
DVC reservations at least those booked with points are not eligible for Free Dining, You can add the dining plan and pay for it.
Old 08-10-2013, 07:51 AM   #758
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post

That's still cool!! Do I need to do anything to get my magical express packet? I booked package and air with Disney, so haven't had to do anything else. I don't have to order them do I? Sorry, first time without TA.
Generally Mickey Mail & DME tags don't come until around 30 days before your trip. I always book air separate from package & all you have to do is call Disney and provide flight information.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-17 DH-34 ME-37

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only); Jan 26-30, 2015 - POP (Solo); Sept 20-26, 2015 - POP (DM/DD trip)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-10-2013, 08:09 AM   #759
babydoll65
please stand clear of the doors, por favor mantengase alejado de las puertas

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
For those doing split stays (and have a car) what is your plan for your check out/ check back in day? We will arrive Sunday at AOA for one night. Monday starts our FD package at Pop. That Monday is a HAS day ( I know how important rope drop is) so should we put our stuff back in the car, leave Aoa and drive to hws (and hope they can activate our package tix since we wont have checked in yet) or should we drive to pop, check in, leave luggage and take a bus? We do have another hws day that we could make sure we made rope drop for! Any advice? What's everyone else doing?
I think were staying the same dates(11/10-11/17) were doing a split stay doing pofq on 11/10 then switching to POR on the 11th. In order to receive the fd you have to check into POP first. You could checkout of AoA, have them transfer your luggage to POP, drive over to POP to check in and get your tickets with the fd then I guess it's up to you how you want to handle your transportation over to HS. We're going to mk that day to avoid the crowds then we have an adr at trails end in the campground at 6:15. But I think we're going to checkout of pofq at 8:00, walk over to POR to ckeckin, eat breakfast then grab the bus to mk.

77,79,88 OS-89,92 FW-96 ASMo-05,07,09,11 POP-13 POFQ/POR-2015 POP

Dad-Mom-Son
Old 08-10-2013, 08:46 AM   #760
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Today was a little depressing. A plane crashed about 3 miles from my house (I live near Tweed Airport) and the house in crashed into had a 1 year old and a 13 year old inside.

Everyone hug your kids extra tight tonight.
Prayers for all those involved, what a tragedy.
Old 08-10-2013, 09:01 AM   #761
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Thanks

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
Forgot to mention....If anyone plans to book through travelocity....I got a slightly cheaper rate by doing it over the phone. It was about $22 less over the phone. I found the difference to be in the hotel fees spot (Perhaps they charge for doing things online?).
Thanks for the info! It's good to know since it seems to be more and more difficult every year to get a discount.

October can't come fast enough, I hope you have a great trip!
Old 08-10-2013, 09:13 AM   #762
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! ) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!
Yea! Yea! Yea!!! Congrats!!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by jencat7630 View Post
Fivemuggles... I'm new here just wondering what dates at por you got the fd for ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by wreck99 View Post
Hello and to you both!

Old 08-10-2013, 09:32 AM   #763
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by babydoll65 View Post
I think were staying the same dates(11/10-11/17) were doing a split stay doing pofq on 11/10 then switching to POR on the 11th. In order to receive the fd you have to check into POP first. You could checkout of AoA, have them transfer your luggage to POP, drive over to POP to check in and get your tickets with the fd then I guess it's up to you how you want to handle your transportation over to HS. We're going to mk that day to avoid the crowds then we have an adr at trails end in the campground at 6:15. But I think we're going to checkout of pofq at 8:00, walk over to POR to ckeckin, eat breakfast then grab the bus to mk.
Good to know! Its only $30 to add 1 more day of tix for us, so we were thinking of doing a park Sun night (11/10) Ive read some people have had trouble, and some have had success getting their package early. What is your plan?

You are a smart lady to avoid HWS on Monday, but we do not have hoppers, and my DD saw a you tube video of the Disney Jr Dance that is only offered nights HWS has EMH. So we are pretty much braving the crowds just for that!

Thank you again for your help! Since we have 2 hws days, would you suggest just taking it easy Monday morning. Get the check out and check in out of the way, and not attempt to make RD? Just leisurely take in the shows? We will also be at HWS on the 13th (I think) and we could go to RD and make sure we do the high priorities that day?
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-10-2013, 10:12 AM   #764
disneymomtotwins
disneymomtotwins

I have received confirmation from my Mom that she would like to go to Disney with my kids and I this year. We have decided on dates but now where to stay? Resorts are very limited for Nov 11-18th with the Free Dining promo. Should we stay again at POP since we really had a good time there last year or try someplace new? Our only other option for value would be Music and they have no preferred rooms left just standard or try one of the moderates left(CB or CS) which do not have any preferred rooms left either? We did enjoy our stay at Pop more than our stay in POR.

2014 Sept/Oct All Star Sports-Preferred w/Free QS/with a day or two at Universal
2013 Nov Pop Century-Preferred Pool w/Free QS Dining
2012 March Pop Century-Standard Pool w/Free QS Dining
2010 Oct Port Orleans Riverside-Standard w/Free Dining
2009 Mar-Apr offsite house rental Somerset,Remington
Old 08-10-2013, 10:21 AM   #765
disneymomtotwins
disneymomtotwins

Should I book online or by phone? Anyone who has booked online have any issues? I need to make my decision today and book. SO EXCITED!

2014 Sept/Oct All Star Sports-Preferred w/Free QS/with a day or two at Universal
2013 Nov Pop Century-Preferred Pool w/Free QS Dining
2012 March Pop Century-Standard Pool w/Free QS Dining
2010 Oct Port Orleans Riverside-Standard w/Free Dining
2009 Mar-Apr offsite house rental Somerset,Remington
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: