Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 06:14 PM   #706
v.t.
DIS Veteran

After a discussion with my mom, we decided to switch to preferred rooms at CS. The CM was wonderful and go everything switched over, but I just checked our reservations online. My res list FD, my Mom's does not. Do I need to call back? Or do some reservations not show FD?
Hold time was over 30 mins.
Do you think we should have switched? Buses and food court are higher priority than pool, since she and I have to do the breakfast run in the morning while the kids and DH's are waking up and getting ready. LOL
Old 08-09-2013, 06:24 PM   #707
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Disneylover99 View Post

Amazing!!!! What are your dates?

I've been playing around with dates at POR today. They must have opened up a new batch of royal rooms today because I'm seeing availability in all categories of Royal Rooms for fd.

So whoever is reading this and want POR, check the website now to see if your dates are available!
My dates are November 22-27. I never thought that those rooms were an option. So I was beyond excited this morning!!
May/June 2015 - Pop Centuru

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 06:29 PM   #708
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
My dates are November 22-27. I never thought that those rooms were an option. So I was beyond excited this morning!!
Me too! I never even considered a Royal Room! Now I'm beyond excited!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:35 PM   #709
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post
That is great! . What did they say about tickets?
The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. I am slightly nervous about that and not having insurance. We had insurance with our trip we booked through Disney and will still have to pay for it when we cancel that trip, but we will still save $409 after that. Anyone have any advice about insurance? Do you normally get it, or pass on it? I guess I'm slightly paranoid. When we were trying to get my parents to come with us in Oct. 2010, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on June 7, 2010 and passed away on June 14, 2010 . We hadn't added my parents to our trip, yet, but were glad that we had insurance for us when he was diagnosed....Little did we know what would happen once he got chemo. ....So...on a lighter note, I guess I am just paranoid about not having insurance and having non-refundable tix....but not paranoid enough to pass up the $409 savings...lol!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:43 PM   #710
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post
That is great! . What did they say about tickets?
Forgot to mention....If anyone plans to book through travelocity....I got a slightly cheaper rate by doing it over the phone. It was about $22 less over the phone. I found the difference to be in the hotel fees spot (Perhaps they charge for doing things online?).
Old 08-09-2013, 06:48 PM   #711
mommy4
DIS Veteran

Inch by inch I'm getting what we wanted- POR AB section. Just got another night with free dining added on! Popped up and I called right in! 7 nights!! Want 9 or 10, so I'm getting there 1 night at a time!

Old 08-09-2013, 06:57 PM   #712
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
Inch by inch I'm getting what we wanted- POR AB section. Just got another night with free dining added on! Popped up and I called right in! 7 nights!! Want 9 or 10, so I'm getting there 1 night at a time!
Congrats! How long was the wait on the phone? I need to call to request bed rails for my niece and was hoping things would start to quiet down and the wait times would be less.
Old 08-09-2013, 07:41 PM   #713
mommy4
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Congrats! How long was the wait on the phone? I need to call to request bed rails for my niece and was hoping things would start to quiet down and the wait times would be less.
Thanks! I only waited a few minutes today, not bad at all!

Old 08-09-2013, 07:52 PM   #714
MKEMSE
Earning My Ears

What number did you call? I can't seem to get through.

April 1995 off property (Magic Music Days with HS Band)
May 2001 off property
Dec. 2001 All Star Music
July 2003 All Star Music
June 2004 All Star Music
June 2006 All Star Music
August 2007 All Star Music
August 2009 POFQ
December 2010 POFQ
November 2012 POFQ
July 2013 Alaska Cruise on the Wonder
December 2013 CBR
July 2014 AKL Villas
Old 08-09-2013, 07:54 PM   #715
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Okay just an FYI since I know lots of us on this thread have a Disney Visa

Tasting your way around the world just got sweeter at the Epcot® International Food & Wine Festival. For one day only, on Monday August 12 from 7am-11pm EST, Cardmembers have the opportunity to book special events before sales open to the general public on August 13.1 Indulge your taste buds with a range of events, including:

Culinary Demonstrations
Mixology Seminars
Wine Schools
Cheese Seminars
"3D" Disney Dessert Discovery

Number to call is (407) WDW-FEST

NOT a rumor just got the email

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 08-09-2013, 07:59 PM   #716
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
NOT a rumor just got the email
Old 08-09-2013, 08:21 PM   #717
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
Ok..another question.... I booked our trip through Travelocity and saved the $409!
I called to cancel the trip booked directly through Disney. I used my discover card for the $200 deposit, but used my Disney visa to pay the balance off just the other day (I had given up on any discounts, since we were at POR during blackout FD days.) The CM asked me if I wanted the refund to my discover or visa, I said discover. I put the Travelocity ressie on my discover, so the Disney refund will wipe that out for me on my Discover. My question is.....Do you suppose I will still have 0% on the Disney visa, since the charge is still on there (and was booked through Disney)? My guess is yes. My statement should be coming out around the 14th. How can I tell? Does it specifically state something about 0% on it? Thanks for your help!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:22 PM   #718
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
The tickets are non-refundable and non-transferable. I am slightly nervous about that and not having insurance. We had insurance with our trip we booked through Disney and will still have to pay for it when we cancel that trip, but we will still save $409 after that. Anyone have any advice about insurance? Do you normally get it, or pass on it? I guess I'm slightly paranoid. When we were trying to get my parents to come with us in Oct. 2010, my dad was diagnosed with lung cancer on June 7, 2010 and passed away on June 14, 2010 . We hadn't added my parents to our trip, yet, but were glad that we had insurance for us when he was diagnosed....Little did we know what would happen once he got chemo. ....So...on a lighter note, I guess I am just paranoid about not having insurance and having non-refundable tix....but not paranoid enough to pass up the $409 savings...lol!
I always buy insurance. This trip and the last I bought it through Allianz. I think it was $150. My husband gets sick a lot (and not just colds, hospital-requiring things) so just too big a chance. Like now, he has kidney stones. Not obstructing at the moment so they don't want to do anything. But my luck they will move about a day before we leave. We don't even tell the kids about the trips, not for the surprise, but because I am honestly worried we could have to cancel it for an illness.
Old 08-09-2013, 08:23 PM   #719
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKEMSE View Post
What number did you call? I can't seem to get through.
I called the 407-W-DISNEY number to cancel my ressie this evening and was on hold for over 30 mins (but less than 45 I'm guessing)....
I was also on hold for at least 20 minutes around 5ish when I called to ask questions about cancelling.
Apparently, the phone lines are still having trouble keeping up!
Old 08-09-2013, 08:27 PM   #720
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
I always buy insurance. This trip and the last I bought it through Allianz. I think it was $150. My husband gets sick a lot (and not just colds, hospital-requiring things) so just too big a chance. Like now, he has kidney stones. Not obstructing at the moment so they don't want to do anything. But my luck they will move about a day before we leave. We don't even tell the kids about the trips, not for the surprise, but because I am honestly worried we could have to cancel it for an illness.
Thanks. Would that cover non-refundable tickets through Travelocity, too, or just the room? (The worst case scenerio for the room would be a one night deposit, which is close to the cost of the insurance.) Thanks for your help!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: