Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 04:17 PM   #691
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
The payment has to be made to Disney directly, so unless that is how Travelocity does it (and that would be unlikely), it would not qualify.
It won't mess up my dining reservations will it?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:18 PM   #692
Jrabbit910
Keep Calm and get your Sparkle on!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post

I did not have tickets with Travelocity. I had booked a split stay, FD for the first half with Disney, adding additional tickets to cover the nights I had with Travelocity.
Bella, I am actually looking into this exact same thing. I never ever booked outside of disney EVER (lol i sound like taylor swift) and Travelocity has the better deal for room only. Have u done this before and if so have u had any problems booking thru Travelocity ?

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #693
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post
They will stay the same, but if you booked any prepay meals using a dining plan, you will be charged for them if you cancel your Disney reservation.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #694
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Yea! That's exciting, you must be getting close!
71 days, I just set it up a week ago. The kids were excited to see anything related to the trip and their Disney lanyards that I ordered for them came today too.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:19 PM   #695
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
When I did this, the CM said that your dining will not be cancelled if you cancel your resort reservation.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #696
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
They will stay the same, but if you booked any prepay meals using a dining plan, you will be charged for them if you cancel your Disney reservation.
I prepaid for CRT, but with my Discover....is that ok???
Old 08-09-2013, 04:21 PM   #697
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

71 days, I just set it up a week ago. The kids were excited to see anything related to the trip and their Disney lanyards that I ordered for them came today too.
71, and you already have your Mickey mail! Wow, they are on the ball

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-09-2013, 04:23 PM   #698
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
71, and you already have your Mickey mail! Wow, they are on the ball
No, the Magical Express tickets and yellow luggage tags.Is Mickey Mail the resort vouchers and all? Forgive me its been 4 years since we went to Disney?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:28 PM   #699
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

No, the Magical Express tickets and yellow luggage tags.Is Mickey Mail the resort vouchers and all? Forgive me its been 4 years since we went to Disney?
That's still cool!! Do I need to do anything to get my magical express packet? I booked package and air with Disney, so haven't had to do anything else. I don't have to order them do I? Sorry, first time without TA.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-09-2013, 04:37 PM   #700
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
That's still cool!! Do I need to do anything to get my magical express packet? I booked package and air with Disney, so haven't had to do anything else. I don't have to order them do I? Sorry, first time without TA.
I booked my air separately and manually reserved the ME, that's probably why we got ours already. I am sure you are all set. When I sign into MDE right below the resort in My Reservations I see:

Airport Transportation:
Disney's Magical Express Service
Old 08-09-2013, 04:42 PM   #701
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post
For those of you struggling to get free dining, I received an email from Travelocity today for 15% off today on hotels. I know if you can go through an ebates or shopathome you can get some further savings. Ebates is 6.5% on hotels. I think you can add tickets and get the 15% off those as well. Just in case someone has thought about this, maybe the 15% will help.

Code: GETAWAY15E
Doing it right now....saving $409! Finally snagged a discount (our days at POR were also blacked out of FD so couldn not get a discount through Disney). THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:43 PM   #702
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

After reading posts about high airfare I decided to check it out. I bought our tickets 2 mos ago for $868 roundtrip for 5 people, plus 3 checked bags and seat assignment both to and from with SPirit airlines. I just checked for the same exact flight it is now $1348.00. I am sooo glad I bought our tickets when I did!
On another note, I also bought our MNSSHP tickets the same day for Oct 31. I was worried it would sell out, with all the previous information I had read. However as of today it is still not sold out. Is that normal or will we be super lucky and experience low crowds.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:45 PM   #703
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jrabbit910 View Post

Bella, I am actually looking into this exact same thing. I never ever booked outside of disney EVER (lol i sound like taylor swift) and Travelocity has the better deal for room only. Have u done this before and if so have u had any problems booking thru Travelocity ?
I have only booked hotel only with Travelocity for Disney. I have booked other trips with no issue. I did later cancel very easily with Travelocity after my dates opened back up at Disney. From what I understand, Travelocity will not cancel the ticket portion as it is listed under activities. If anyone knows anything more specific, info would be great. I was able to get the nights not showing under FD for a great deal with Travelocity until they opened up for me through Disney. Sorry I'm not more help. Really wish there wasn't so much to keep track of. Pins, codes, and no availability really start to get stressful!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:47 PM   #704
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Doing it right now....saving $409! Finally snagged a discount (our days at POR were also blacked out of FD so couldn not get a discount through Disney). THANK YOU SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO MUCH!
That is great! . What did they say about tickets?
Old 08-09-2013, 05:07 PM   #705
Disneylover99
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! ) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!
Amazing!!!! What are your dates?

I've been playing around with dates at POR today. They must have opened up a new batch of royal rooms today because I'm seeing availability in all categories of Royal Rooms for fd.

So whoever is reading this and want POR, check the website now to see if your dates are available!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: