Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #676
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by BellaPetunia View Post
For those of you struggling to get free dining, I received an email from Travelocity today for 15% off today on hotels. I know if you can go through an ebates or shopathome you can get some further savings. Ebates is 6.5% on hotels. I think you can add tickets and get the 15% off those as well. Just in case someone has thought about this, maybe the 15% will help.

Code: GETAWAY15E
Anyone have any reason NOT to book with Travelocity??? Any bad experiences?
Old 08-09-2013, 03:48 PM   #677
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! ) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!
Woohoo!!!:ju mping1arty:

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-09-2013, 03:49 PM   #678
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by disneymania0711 View Post
Sooooo........before FD rolled out I was booked at the AOA Nemo Suites. When I found out that FD didn't include AOA I knew I'd have to have a back up. My first choice was POR, but when I called FD morning (chaos!! ) there were no rooms at POR for our dates, but CBR was available. We took it and were pretty pleased with our decision. I have two little girls (6 and 2) and was a little bummed to let go of some sort of themed resort, but CBR looked beautiful and from what I read fun for children. A few times since then I pulled up the WDW site (just for fun) entered my dates under the FD promotion just to see what I would get. Less and less rooms came up every time I checked. And yesterday CBR and POR were completely sold out of FD rooms for my dates. This morning I did the same. CBR was sold out, but when I pulled up POR low and behold what do I see....A ROYAL GUEST ROOM AT POR!!!! I'm thinking no way....I didn't even think they included those in this promo this time around. I called DH quickly and wondered his thoughts. Of course he knows his girls will love it so he says "Call Disney!" So I do and wait on hold with that nervous feeling thinking it will be gone before I talk with a CM. Finally my CM picks up, I ask her about it. She even thought hmmmmm. She checked and there it was!!! We got it!! I'm so excited my little princesses will get to stay in this room and with such an awesome discount like FD! Sorry for a long long post. But like my title says I'm sharing with those that understand the excitement!!

Doing a happy dance!
Woohoo!!!! Congrats!!!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-09-2013, 03:54 PM   #679
abish19
Mouseketeer

CaraMiaBelle - Thanks for your reply! Our TA made it sound like that portion of POR was totally excluded, and there never were any rooms set aside for the free dining promotion in Alligator Bayou.

I will try to contact Disney a few times and see if something opens up. If not, my next choice will be to travel at the end of Jan. 2014 and pay OOP for our meals. There is a good chance that something - probably a room discount - will be available at that time.

Thanks again!
Old 08-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #680
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by TDDisney View Post

Anyone have any reason NOT to book with Travelocity??? Any bad experiences?
I actually did book with them and cancelled when my dates opened with free dining. I was in the same boat, waiting for dining and paying rack rate when I booked. Interestingly, I was able to attach my Travelocity reservation to MDE. It was very easy to cancel with them after I finally was able to book free dining, no fees. I haven't booked with them for Disney beyond that, sorry I can't help more.
Old 08-09-2013, 03:58 PM   #681
aprilp
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Those who have just got POR, what are your dates? I've called everyday with no luck yet.
Nov 18-23.

Keep trying online, that is where I found mine.
My WDW trips: Nov 18-23 2013 POR; Nov. 30-Dec. 4 2011 POP; Nov 30-Dec 5 2009 CSR; Dec 3-8 2008 POP; various times in 2003, 2004 & 2005 CB and offsite; 1996 overnight for my sister's graduation POR; 1991 - Grad Nite; multiple day trips 1970's-1980's w/family when we lived in Tampa[/I][/COLOR]
Old 08-09-2013, 04:00 PM   #682
scard192
DIS Veteran

Magical Express package in the mail box today when I got home from work
Old 08-09-2013, 04:01 PM   #683
disneymania0711
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Those who have just got POR, what are your dates? I've called everyday with no luck yet.
Nov 22-27. I found it online too.

Good luck!
2015 - In Planning Mode!!!

"I only hope that we don't lose sight of one thing - that it was all started by a mouse." - Walt Disney

Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #684
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:

I actually did book with them and cancelled when my dates opened with free dining. I was in the same boat, waiting for dining and paying rack rate when I booked. Interestingly, I was able to attach my Travelocity reservation to MDE. It was very easy to cancel with them after I finally was able to book free dining, no fees. I haven't booked with them for Disney beyond that, sorry I can't help more.
Forgot to mention that if you would plan on canceling with them, you can not cancel the tickets. I think those are concrete so it would create a problem if you were waiting for the the FD.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:04 PM   #685
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you have tickets and room both? I am still on hold with Disney and would like to book on travelocity before I lose that room, but if there is a problem with me cancelling at Disney I want to be able to cancel both tix and room with travelocity. txs!!!
Old 08-09-2013, 04:09 PM   #686
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

If you use your Disney Visa to pay for a trip on Travelocity, do you still get the 0% for 6 months?
Old 08-09-2013, 04:10 PM   #687
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Did you have tickets and room both? I am still on hold with Disney and would like to book on travelocity before I lose that room, but if there is a problem with me cancelling at Disney I want to be able to cancel both tix and room with travelocity. txs!!!
I did not have tickets with Travelocity. I had booked a split stay, FD for the first half with Disney, adding additional tickets to cover the nights I had with Travelocity.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:12 PM   #688
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Magical Express package in the mail box today when I got home from work
Yea! That's exciting, you must be getting close!

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-09-2013, 04:15 PM   #689
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
If you use your Disney Visa to pay for a trip on Travelocity, do you still get the 0% for 6 months?
The payment has to be made to Disney directly, so unless that is how Travelocity does it (and that would be unlikely), it would not qualify.
Old 08-09-2013, 04:16 PM   #690
BellaPetunia
Mouseketeer

Quote:
I really hope you are able to get what you want! Disney, always keeping us on our toes! Maybe see if you can add on activities (tickets) under your original code at a later date with Travelocity. Wish I could help more. Good luck!
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: