Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 10:58 PM   #616
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fivemuggles View Post
I am so jealous of you guys who know your number of days until you leave haha! I have a crazy 1900 park fare reservation that I cancelled like 2 months ago when we moved our dates back that refuses to get out of MDE- it more than a month before our actual trip so it's messing up my countdown thing! I called and they told me there was nothing they can do until it expires. Boooo! I think I'm like 85 days out? Lol - oct 26!
I wish I could take your 1900 park fare. Lol. Trying to switch mine to another day but not having any luck.

:-)
Old 08-08-2013, 11:00 PM   #617
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Ok Fall free dining friends.... once again I'd like opinions! I know lots of people are doing split stays, but I've been skimming through them b/c I didn't think we would need to do that. We check in on 11/11 (at pop), and are now finding that there are no nonstop flights to Orlando from our local airport. Hubby doesn't want to drive 2 hours to the next airport (ATL) when its only an 8 hour drive to Orlando.

So, it looks like we will be driving, and we'd like to head down Sunday so that we are nice and refreshed for the week!

I was thinking we might take this opportunity to check out a different hotel. We've only stayed at Pop. POFQ garden view is 160ish. Pop would be 103. Disney site showed no availability at AOA for little mermaid rooms. So then I decided to check out expedia and see how much offsite hotels in the area would be. Low and behold, they had an AOA LM room for 130, so I booked it! There is free cancelation until Nov 5th if I change my mind.

Does this seem like an Ok plan, and an OK deal? TIA!
Sounds awesome!!!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 11:01 PM   #618
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Speaking of being at Disney World....our friend Dave is there now.

Oh cool!!!!
Old 08-08-2013, 11:15 PM   #619
pooh03
Earning My Ears

The pool is great. The resort is so much smaller than POR and a lot quieter. My daughter would love to go sit outside in the gardens and just watch the bunnies run. They also loved the campfire at 7 every night. Usually there was only about 10 people, but it was nice just to stand around and talk to everyone and roast marshmellows. My parents loved to go to the main building and listen to jazz.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:43 PM   #620
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by laceyinwonderland View Post
Ok Fall free dining friends.... once again I'd like opinions! I know lots of people are doing split stays, but I've been skimming through them b/c I didn't think we would need to do that. We check in on 11/11 (at pop), and are now finding that there are no nonstop flights to Orlando from our local airport. Hubby doesn't want to drive 2 hours to the next airport (ATL) when its only an 8 hour drive to Orlando.

So, it looks like we will be driving, and we'd like to head down Sunday so that we are nice and refreshed for the week!

I was thinking we might take this opportunity to check out a different hotel. We've only stayed at Pop. POFQ garden view is 160ish. Pop would be 103. Disney site showed no availability at AOA for little mermaid rooms. So then I decided to check out expedia and see how much offsite hotels in the area would be. Low and behold, they had an AOA LM room for 130, so I booked it! There is free cancelation until Nov 5th if I change my mind.

Does this seem like an Ok plan, and an OK deal? TIA!
That sounds like fun! We opted to stay off-site on the night we drive down. I like your plan better! LOL Unfortunately, we're bringing the dog and didn't want to check him in until we had to so got a room off-site that accepts pets.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:44 PM   #621
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Can someone please link Dave's site again.
Old 08-08-2013, 11:53 PM   #622
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Off topic but any of you go to Seaworld? We've never been but made multiple trips to WDW over the years. Booked an extra day to go there this year but wondering if its worth it. I've read several reviews that after being at WDW it was kind of a let down. Thoughts anyone? I did find tickets for $50 so at least it won't be too expensive. Also I also buy a WDW ticket that day? Not sure if Seaworld would be a full day and we might need WDW ticket for the evening?
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #623
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by imabeimabe View Post
Off topic but any of you go to Seaworld? We've never been but made multiple trips to WDW over the years. Booked an extra day to go there this year but wondering if its worth it. I've read several reviews that after being at WDW it was kind of a let down. Thoughts anyone? I did find tickets for $50 so at least it won't be too expensive. Also I also buy a WDW ticket that day? Not sure if Seaworld would be a full day and we might need WDW ticket for the evening?
I'd do Seaworld first day if you can otherwise it probably will be a let down. Haven't been in years and have heard it's gotten pretty cool.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:04 AM   #624
laceyinwonderland
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather

That sounds like fun! We opted to stay off-site on the night we drive down. I like your plan better! LOL Unfortunately, we're bringing the dog and didn't want to check him in until we had to so got a room off-site that accepts pets.
Hehe thanks! Im not totally convinced yet but we will see. There should be a setting on my computer that doesn't let me buy things after midnight! Lol Where off site did u decide to stay? Looking on expedia the cheapest rooms I saw were still in the $70 range and had pretty bad reviews. And we just had a terrible experience with a Super 8 here in SC that had good reviews... so im a little trigger shy!
Dec 2011 POP
Nov 2013 AOA/POP

June 2014 offsite/AKV Happy Bday to ME!
Sept 2014 POFQ
Old 08-09-2013, 12:11 AM   #625
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Semi-on topic. I am so tired of people blaming a bad dining experience on the dining plan. Whether I'm paying OOP or paying for the dining plan or have free dining I'm not going to accept bad food. Honestly, I've read comments comparing people on DDP to cows and pigs. And yet these same people never complain about the food while they are at Disney. They don't review on Yelp they just come here and complain and blame the DDP.

Ok, so not everyone does but I'm tired of reading the posts that do. I would avoid them if I could but sometimes I'm reading along and boom.

Back to party happy fun fun times. I'm going to Disney in 100 days!
Old 08-09-2013, 12:14 AM   #626
she who must read
new to all of this

yourfirstvisit.net

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
Can someone please link Dave's site again.
This is Dave's site, believe.
Old 08-09-2013, 12:16 AM   #627
imabeimabe
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post

I'd do Seaworld first day if you can otherwise it probably will be a let down. Haven't been in years and have heard it's gotten pretty cool.
Thanks for the reply. Think I'll keep our WDW park ticket for the day just in case we want to hop back.
Old 08-09-2013, 06:42 AM   #628
Nechville
DIS Veteran

Woke up to see flights went up $60 a person! Ahhhh!!!! Still have 97 days for them to come back down, right? $414 a person is crazy!
Old 08-09-2013, 06:53 AM   #629
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nechville View Post
Woke up to see flights went up $60 a person! Ahhhh!!!! Still have 97 days for them to come back down, right? $414 a person is crazy!
Yikes! I just checked too. It is not looking good out there! Back in June, airfare for my dates were as low as $208. I really hope they go down again...I suppose they usually do. If not, for a family of 5, there goes the free dining savings!

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 08-09-2013, 06:55 AM   #630
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

You are right! When it comes to this Disney trip, I'm nothing, if not persistent! I'll get everything I want yet!
Have you tried to call? Maybe they can see something that doesn't show up online.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: