Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 12:14 PM   #526
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
94 days here. And my knee surgery is in a week I need pixie dust
I hope everything goes ok! Don't stress too much. We'd been planning and saving for this trip for 3 years and in May....surprise open abdominal surgery! So it's been a long recovery to get back to my "Disney" shape. But I'm doing good. So my thoughts are with you and I'm sure it will all be fine

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 08-08-2013, 12:18 PM   #527
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

81 days here! I know as soon as school goes back, the time will pass much faster. lol. Our kids don't know yet, keeping this surprise is killing me. We plan to tell them on Sweetest Day
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 12:24 PM   #528
faithsmth
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by rileyroo120 View Post
81 days here! I know as soon as school goes back, the time will pass much faster. lol. Our kids don't know yet, keeping this surprise is killing me. We plan to tell them on Sweetest Day
Our daughter does not know either. We are not telling her until we are leaving. Can you imagine a 4 year old knowing? Are we leaving yet, mommy? Are we leaving yet, mommy? That would be too much for us to handle for 54 days.

Me DH DD

Old 08-08-2013, 12:25 PM   #529
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

26 days til we leave!!!!!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 08-08-2013, 12:30 PM   #530
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
72 days here. Paid off the trip awhile ago, still gathering spending money- well food money too since I didn't get FD. :/
93 days left...and getting the food budget together also. No FD for us. Probably packing a suitcase with breakfast cereals and bars and snacks.
Old 08-08-2013, 12:32 PM   #531
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
26 days til we leave!!!!!
Wow! That's really close!

Old 08-08-2013, 12:35 PM   #532
ddeschon
Earning My Ears

79 days here!
Old 08-08-2013, 12:42 PM   #533
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
93 days left...and getting the food budget together also. No FD for us. Probably packing a suitcase with breakfast cereals and bars and snacks.
We are getting FD and we are still bringing along (or buying once we get there) breakfast/snack items. I prefer a small snack/meal (bagel/toast with PB or oatmeal/nuts) in my room in the morning to taking the time to do a ts or cs breakfast.

My mom has a Kbar and coffee every morning at home and she likes to stick to that routine even when traveling.

As for snacks I have one or two favorites that are not Disney that I prefer to have available.

We will probably bring some stuff with us (bagels/kbars/chex mix/PB/nuts/Via/Splenda) then do a walmart run when we are out shopping on Sat for fresh stuff (dairy/water/fruit/ham).

This is not just a Disney thing but pretty much a choice I make when ever I travel. I find comfort in my usuals and it's often easier and cheaper to bring with than make do with something at the hotel.

OH and 79 days for me as well.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:06 PM   #534
Marsheliz
DIS Veteran

71 here!!

No matter how your heart is grieving, if you keep believing.. The dreams that you dream... Really do come true....

April 2005- Offsite.. My now DH's first time
December 2005- Offsite ( ENGAGED at MK)
December 2007- Offsite ( Pregnant with Lawson)
February 2011-All Star Sport ( Pregnant with Landen)
September 2012- 1 night @ POFQ
September 2012- 3 nights @ AOA
October 2013- Caribbean Beach Resort
June 2014- Weekend Surprise at Port Orleans Riverside!

October 2013 TR- http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3207813
Old 08-08-2013, 01:15 PM   #535
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
We are getting FD and we are still bringing along (or buying once we get there) breakfast/snack items. I prefer a small snack/meal (bagel/toast with PB or oatmeal/nuts) in my room in the morning to taking the time to do a ts or cs breakfast.

My mom has a Kbar and coffee every morning at home and she likes to stick to that routine even when traveling.

As for snacks I have one or two favorites that are not Disney that I prefer to have available.

We will probably bring some stuff with us (bagels/kbars/chex mix/PB/nuts/Via/Splenda) then do a walmart run when we are out shopping on Sat for fresh stuff (dairy/water/fruit/ham).

This is not just a Disney thing but pretty much a choice I make when ever I travel. I find comfort in my usuals and it's often easier and cheaper to bring with than make do with something at the hotel.

OH and 79 days for me as well.
I do this as well. I just hate to take the time to go shopping as soon as I've arrived on vacation, so I always have snacks that I can make do for a few meals if I need to. I prefer to have a quick, simple breakfast in the room to save time and to get at least a healthy start to the day (unfortunately, it may go straight downhill from there) I have free dining this time, and for me, two counter service meals is a ton of food, so I will be trying to save some sort of leftover or dessert for breakfasts (LOL, THAT should be nice and healthy!)

Oh, and, 84 days for me (I arrive 3 days sooner but go to Universal first.)
Old 08-08-2013, 01:28 PM   #536
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

We ship a box down UPS with stuff we want/need from here to the resort. Even though we have free dining, I like to have some things in the room to eat, snacks, breakfast items. We also just do carry-ons so we ship down toiletries and such.

Old 08-08-2013, 01:37 PM   #537
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post
How does this work? We will DEF be needing this! My DS4 is JUST at the 42" mark so he will be able to ride just about everything but my DS2 will miss out on a lot! From what I read almost all the rides offer Rider Swap now, but how do you use it? Do you tell the CM at the ride who loads everyone? Also, my oldest will be able to ride twice? Once with the first parent and again with the second parent?
WHen you are going to enter the line, ask the CM for a rider swap. They will (often) ask you which child is staying behind (to ensure you're using it for the right reason ) and then give you a pass that looks similar to the fast passes. One parent rides first, and then the other (with the pass) can go through the fastpass line with the older kids again. It is AWESOME! I don't think every ride has it, but honestly, we didn't find any problems getting them when needed. Good luck!

Old 08-08-2013, 02:21 PM   #538
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I hope everything goes ok! Don't stress too much. We'd been planning and saving for this trip for 3 years and in May....surprise open abdominal surgery! So it's been a long recovery to get back to my "Disney" shape. But I'm doing good. So my thoughts are with you and I'm sure it will all be fine
I am glad everything went well with your surgery, I hope you have a wonderful time.

We had a trip planned 2 years ago and the day we were leaving, DS was admitted to the hospital for abdominal issues, had his surgery a month later. So this is our make up trip. And he gets to eat WHATEVER he wants.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:29 PM   #539
TDDisney
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post
I'm sure packing the food items is the cheapest route. In case you are interested, though, check out GardenGrocer.com. You can order food online and have it delivered to your resort. They will hold it at the bell services (including keeping things cold for you) until you arrive back to your room. There is a delivery fee of $14, and items tend to be a little more expensive than the local grocery store (but not too high). However, the convenience is awesome. We've ordered two and a half cases of water to be delivered...couldn't pack that in our suitcases . We've used them two times now and have been happy both times.
(We didn't just order water...ordered lots of other snack and breakfast type foods, including fresh fruit, as well. No FD for us, either.)

Last edited by TDDisney; 08-08-2013 at 02:34 PM.
Old 08-08-2013, 02:30 PM   #540
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by hippsmom

My husband is a police officer too so I get exactly what you are saying. He has never had a problem with taking her out of school, it has always been my hang up, but this year I decided what the heck and we are going! Can't wait!
Not me....I took my daughter out during PSA's last year. I didn't care. She only had to reschedule 1 test so it wasn't a big deal to the school. This year, she'll be in middle school and my son will still be in elementary school. I intend to contact both their teachers and principal when school starts. We can't wait to go either! We have 78 more days....and counting lol
When you have a spouse in law enforcement, you need to take advantage of any quality time you can get.
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: