Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-08-2013, 06:53 AM   #496
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quick question. We arrive Nov 17th and I know the Christmas decorations will be up in MK due to the parties but will the Osborne lights in HS & decorations in EPCOT be up yet?

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-08-2013, 07:03 AM   #497
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Quick question. We arrive Nov 17th and I know the Christmas decorations will be up in MK due to the parties but will the Osborne lights in HS & decorations in EPCOT be up yet?

I've been told the Osborne lights are scheduled to be up by Nov. 8th. . We arrive the 16th so I was wondering about that too!

|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-08-2013, 07:05 AM   #498
Laketravis
FP is just fantastic, that is really what I think. Oh by the way.. which one's Pink?

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Well i measured. My Gidget is only 38 1/2 inches barefoot. : (. Guess she will have to go the next time around, and DH and I will have to fight to see who gets to go with the boys!
I wouldn't give up hope quite yet - she could easily grow another 1/2 inch in the next three months, and most children's shoes will add an inch.

One year, we made a "Disney Stick" for our son with the top bar at 40" - a one by two from Home Depot with the top bar screwed at the 40" mark so it looked like an upside down L

Every morning, he would practice standing up straight trying to get the top of his head to hit the stick.

By the time we got to DW, he could do what the CM's called a "Head Butt" - the top of his head would just touch the measure bar and they'd let him thru.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #499
KNovacovschi
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post

I've been told the Osborne lights are scheduled to be up by Nov. 8th. . We arrive the 16th so I was wondering about that too!
Yay!!!! I soooo want to see them, they look gorgeous.

DD-16 DH-33 ME-36

Sept 17-23, 2006 - POP; Aug 12-18, 2007 - POP; Oct 14-20, 2012 - POP; Nov 17-23, 2013 - POP; Sept 27-Oct 4, 2014 - POP (adult only)

I've been sprung....YEAH
Old 08-08-2013, 07:06 AM   #500
jessicamouse
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

Well i measured. My Gidget is only 38 1/2 inches barefoot. : (. Guess she will have to go the next time around, and DH and I will have to fight to see who gets to go with the boys!
Make sure you ask about rider swap. It acts like a fast pass so that let's say your husband took the boys on the ride first, you would then use the Rider swap to go on afterwards and it's good for up to three people so the boys could conceivably go again. My oldest LOVED that when our youngest was too young to ride :-)

Old 08-08-2013, 07:07 AM   #501
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle

they have a ride share type thing where both parents can ride 1 at a time without having to wait in line again. Plus the boys will get to ride twice. I'm pretty sure that's how it works. I've never used it so maybe someone on here can tell me if I've got the right idea.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:20 AM   #502
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bravesfan View Post
I have had 2 reservations at POFQ and dining res since May for the week of Thanksgiving. Trying really hard to change to POR. If I make the reservation online and call to cancel other, will dining reservations be lost?
Last night I saw an opening and while on hold it disappeared. Thank you
Your dining reservations aren't connected to your room reservations. You will not lose them.
Old 08-08-2013, 07:33 AM   #503
Bravesfan
Mouseketeer

Thank you!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:16 AM   #504
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I plan on wearing my bday pin everyday of our trip.
haha I had to take mine off about mid way through my trip I didn't think I could take anymore Have a Magical Birthday wishes.

You know you're hearing it alot if you have to take a break after 4 days.

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

Old 08-08-2013, 09:20 AM   #505
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Laketravis View Post
I wouldn't give up hope quite yet - she could easily grow another 1/2 inch in the next three months, and most children's shoes will add an inch.

One year, we made a "Disney Stick" for our son with the top bar at 40" - a one by two from Home Depot with the top bar screwed at the 40" mark so it looked like an upside down L

Every morning, he would practice standing up straight trying to get the top of his head to hit the stick.

By the time we got to DW, he could do what the CM's called a "Head Butt" - the top of his head would just touch the measure bar and they'd let him thru.
However don't forget that if they are JUST tall enough that depending on the individual CM and measuring stick sometimes they will qualify and sometimes they won't, even on the same ride. Prepare them for the what ifs. There have been lots of threads of "my kid measured 40 at home but not at Disney" or "one CM let him go with just touching the bar but another said he had to be above the line".

UPCOMING: 7/14 Offsite & 10/14 F&W Festival (in planning) WL

Old 08-08-2013, 09:28 AM   #506
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by jessicamouse View Post
Make sure you ask about rider swap. It acts like a fast pass so that let's say your husband took the boys on the ride first, you would then use the Rider swap to go on afterwards and it's good for up to three people so the boys could conceivably go again. My oldest LOVED that when our youngest was too young to ride :-)
How does this work? We will DEF be needing this! My DS4 is JUST at the 42" mark so he will be able to ride just about everything but my DS2 will miss out on a lot! From what I read almost all the rides offer Rider Swap now, but how do you use it? Do you tell the CM at the ride who loads everyone? Also, my oldest will be able to ride twice? Once with the first parent and again with the second parent?

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

ME: DW: DS4: DS2:
Old 08-08-2013, 09:32 AM   #507
chester629
DIS Dad #747

Quote:
Originally Posted by bookgirl View Post
However don't forget that if they are JUST tall enough that depending on the individual CM and measuring stick sometimes they will qualify and sometimes they won't, even on the same ride. Prepare them for the what ifs. There have been lots of threads of "my kid measured 40 at home but not at Disney" or "one CM let him go with just touching the bar but another said he had to be above the line".
Does Disney have an offical measuring station? At a local park here they have a measuring station for kids with "close calls" where the park will make an "official" call on their hieght and give them a bracelet to wear showing other ride operators what the official ruling was. Worked great!

Pre-2000:13 total trips (all offsite) ~ 2001:CBR, Disney Paris ~ 2003:CBR ~ 2005:ALS ~ 2007:CBR ~ 2013:AKL anxiously waiting

ME: DW: DS4: DS2:
Old 08-08-2013, 09:44 AM   #508
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Amen! Very well said We're taking our kids out for a week too. We took them out last year as well. My husbands schedule is crazy so we squeeze family time in whenever we can. Especially since he's a police officer....every family vacation counts that much more.
My husband is a police officer too so I get exactly what you are saying. He has never had a problem with taking her out of school, it has always been my hang up, but this year I decided what the heck and we are going! Can't wait!
Old 08-08-2013, 09:49 AM   #509
hippsmom
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
They should have seen you right away or at least called in drops. You can't let pink eye go.....I hope they can see you tomorrow.
Got in yesterday afternoon and have a prescription eye drop...no work again for me today or tomorrow. I wasn't too happy about waiting, they are closed on Fridays and when I called Monday the soonest I could get in was Wednesday! Never offered to call anything in for me either...had to be seen to be sure that is what it was. Thankfully I think it is almost gone but she told me I have to throw my contact lenses away!! So there is an unexpected expense.
Old 08-08-2013, 10:11 AM   #510
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post
Does Disney have an offical measuring station? At a local park here they have a measuring station for kids with "close calls" where the park will make an "official" call on their hieght and give them a bracelet to wear showing other ride operators what the official ruling was. Worked great!
Here's Disney's policy
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/gu.../rider-switch/

Quote:
Originally Posted by chester629 View Post
How does this work? We will DEF be needing this! My DS4 is JUST at the 42" mark so he will be able to ride just about everything but my DS2 will miss out on a lot! From what I read almost all the rides offer Rider Swap now, but how do you use it? Do you tell the CM at the ride who loads everyone? Also, my oldest will be able to ride twice? Once with the first parent and again with the second parent?
That would be nice if Disney had that Typically they measure before you enter the queue and just before getting on the ride. We have never had an issue, but some folks have reported they were allowed in the line, but then denied at the ride for not meeting height requirements. There is some inconsistency.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: