Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 10-10-2013, 03:29 PM   #3676
jska482
Mouseketeer

Per recommendation on here, we had the "grey stuff" cupcake at Be Our Guest. AMAZING!! I loved the whole experience. So glad we got a FP for lunch ressie.
jska482 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 04:58 PM   #3677
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Oh, now you share this invaluable knowledge...lol. You'll have to email me a pic of this device. Any other advice you're holding out on me???
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
Look for a mini caribeaner (spelling?) In the key chain section of walmart. Thats what I use to attach my keys to my belt loop and I attach my work keys to it too.
Yep - I got mine at the keyring section of Walmart, too. The hook was attached to a spiral cord thing (kinda like the old telephone receiver cords which can totally wrap around a ponytail and get you stuck until the UPS guy comes to help free you - yeah, that really did happen! ) I just took the spiral cord thing off and attached my keyring to the hook.

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-10-2013, 05:05 PM   #3678
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post
Yep - I got mine at the keyring section of Walmart, too. The hook was attached to a spiral cord thing (kinda like the old telephone receiver cords which can totally wrap around a ponytail and get you stuck until the UPS guy comes to help free you - yeah, that really did happen! ) I just took the spiral cord thing off and attached my keyring to the hook.
Wait. Whaa? How did you manage that?

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:14 PM   #3679
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Wait. Whaa? How did you manage that?
It happened a long time ago & alas, it wasn't hard at all. I had one of those long spiral cords attached to the receiver on my kitchen phone. Was talking on the phone while cleaning the kitchen & cord coiled around my ponytail while I was working. A fact I did not discover until I tried to hang up the phone - OUCH! I couldn't get my hair free and couldn't move more than a few inches away from the phone (had one hand holding down the hangup button and other hand holding receiver & trying not to pull hair out). I called my next-door-neighbor (whose husband had just happened to come home for a quick *lunch* <wink,wink>) to come help me. Meanwhile, the UPS guy came to deliver a package. I told him to come on in, but as they're not supposed to do that, he hesitated on that one, said, "I have a package to deliver". (DUH!) So I had to shout out that I couldn't come to the door because my hair was caught in the phone cord. He very cautiously came in, peeked around the door into the kitchen, and then started shaking his head & laughing - said he couldn't even tell about this at the office because they'd never believe him. Talk about embarrassing ... especially as I was living on a very small naval base at the time so it didn't take long before everyone there knew what had happened. I am so glad we now have cordless phones!!

Disney Fan for Life
Sylkie31 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:26 PM   #3680
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It happened a long time ago & alas, it wasn't hard at all. I had one of those long spiral cords attached to the receiver on my kitchen phone. Was talking on the phone while cleaning the kitchen & cord coiled around my ponytail while I was working. A fact I did not discover until I tried to hang up the phone - OUCH! I couldn't get my hair free and couldn't move more than a few inches away from the phone (had one hand holding down the hangup button and other hand holding receiver & trying not to pull hair out). I called my next-door-neighbor (whose husband had just happened to come home for a quick *lunch* <wink,wink>) to come help me. Meanwhile, the UPS guy came to deliver a package. I told him to come on in, but as they're not supposed to do that, he hesitated on that one, said, "I have a package to deliver". (DUH!) So I had to shout out that I couldn't come to the door because my hair was caught in the phone cord. He very cautiously came in, peeked around the door into the kitchen, and then started shaking his head & laughing - said he couldn't even tell about this at the office because they'd never believe him. Talk about embarrassing ... especially as I was living on a very small naval base at the time so it didn't take long before everyone there knew what had happened. I am so glad we now have cordless phones!!
Oh my wow... Haha!

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Old 10-10-2013, 05:50 PM   #3681
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can relate to that - all too well. Although I usually just lose my car in the Walmart parking lot. Probably cause I spend way too much time in Wally World & then forget where I parked it!
I lose mine in my house. Usually they are in the coat. (That I am wearing at the time:-))
Upcoming trips - April 2014 Yacht Club CL

HBGdancermom is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3682
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

Okay, I only went to Walmart to pick up a few things for our church's fall festival. I never let my little guy play with my car keys (for this reason), but today I did! He dropped them at the beginning of the toddler pajama aisle and I picked them up and handed them to him! At the end of the pajama's I hear a faint clink and look down and no keys. Do you think I and 2 employees could find them???!!! NO! I looked for 35 minutes! It's like they disappeared into thin air!
Oh no!!! Did u ever find them? How did you get home?

Old 10-10-2013, 05:52 PM   #3683
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by jska482 View Post
Per recommendation on here, we had the "grey stuff" cupcake at Be Our Guest. AMAZING!! I loved the whole experience. So glad we got a FP for lunch ressie.
Yeah!!!!

Old 10-10-2013, 05:54 PM   #3684
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Now that is funny!!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:06 PM   #3685
black562
Dis Whisperer

Ok, who wants to cry some happy tears this evening?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

My Disney Blog: www.disneybyjoe.com

black562 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2013, 06:09 PM   #3686
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Ok, who wants to cry some happy tears this evening?
Me. I cry at anything!!

Old 10-10-2013, 06:11 PM   #3687
black562
Dis Whisperer

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Me. I cry at anything!!
I'm uploading a video or two that may tug at some heartstrings and make everyone here just run out to their car and drive to Disney tonight!!!

Or not...never can tell.
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-10-2013, 06:13 PM   #3688
black562
Dis Whisperer

So let's give it a go....private link I am sharing with you.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DKQfDn4k1DE
2014 - Coronado Springs

Last edited by black562; 10-10-2013 at 06:21 PM.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:14 PM   #3689
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Aww! I have to wait til I am on my computer. Says it's not compatible with mobile devices.

Old 10-10-2013, 06:18 PM   #3690
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
So let's give it a go....private link I am sharing with you. http://youtu.be/DKQfDn4k1DE
Says it contains something that is blocked in my country (errr US...) :confused

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: