Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 07:01 PM   #3631
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Yes...this year we went from walking through the exit to the MK to being in bed, in 35 minutes!
Ah, ok! I was nervous for a minute there! I doubt my 5 year old will make it till midnight, hopefully we will get outta there before the crowd starts to form for the buses!
Old 10-09-2013, 08:16 PM   #3632
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:

Those were our primary reasons to drive too! The saving time was an unexpected added bonus. Totally agree about MNSSHP. Last time we waited 1.25 hours for a bus, and then it broke down! We always stopped at that outlet mall too on our way home. With 6 of us plus a stroller, the bus' are chaotic, many times we have had to pass up a bus and wait for another because we all could not ride.

Just like Disney has everything down to a well organized science, so was the parking. We just pulled up to the gate and when they saw our resort parking, just waved us through. From there, no thinking/finding skills required. Disney parking patrol is there to guide you to your exact parking spot. This is extremely well thought out because you do not have to worry so much about cars crossing the lot; from your row forward all the cars are parked and there is no traffic.
This is our first visit and we are driving. I've been wondering if there are any perks to driving vs the buses, so thank you for sharing. Was it still a timesaver to drive to MK even though you can't park near the gate? I was thinking we may try driving to AK and HS but uses buses for MK and Epcot...
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 08:50 PM   #3633
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Those were our primary reasons to drive too! The saving time was an unexpected added bonus. Totally agree about MNSSHP. Last time we waited 1.25 hours for a bus, and then it broke down! We always stopped at that outlet mall too on our way home. With 6 of us plus a stroller, the bus' are chaotic, many times we have had to pass up a bus and wait for another because we all could not ride.

Just like Disney has everything down to a well organized science, so was the parking. We just pulled up to the gate and when they saw our resort parking, just waved us through. From there, no thinking/finding skills required. Disney parking patrol is there to guide you to your exact parking spot. This is extremely well thought out because you do not have to worry so much about cars crossing the lot; from your row forward all the cars are parked and there is no traffic.
Ooooooh boy! Last yr, we didn't have a choice b/c we were staying at GKTW and had to have a rental car. This yr, we are on our own and cost was a big factor. We figured we'd stay on site & use the buses. Granted, I've been anxious about it & reading about long waits makes me nervous. We are going to GKTW for one day & will have to get transportation to & from but didn't think it was worth the expense to rent a car (2 day minimum, I think) when we'd only need it one time.

Ugh. DS needs me. Sorry this is possibly incoherent.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-10-2013, 05:15 AM   #3634
scard192
DIS Veteran

Not liking the look of the weather forecast for 10/19-10/25. Not one completely sunny day. Hope things change in the next week
Old 10-10-2013, 05:55 AM   #3635
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Not liking the look of the weather forecast for 10/19-10/25. Not one completely sunny day. Hope things change in the next week
I wouldn't trust a forecast that far in advance. But looking at the 10 day outlook 10/19 is gorgeous, sunny and 84....
Old 10-10-2013, 06:02 AM   #3636
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Sending weather pixie dust you way
Old 10-10-2013, 06:03 AM   #3637
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I wouldn't trust a forecast that far in advance. But looking at the 10 day outlook 10/19 is gorgeous, sunny and 84....
very true on the long range forecast. we won't get to the resort until afternoon on the 19th, looks like a good day for the kids to swim.

**interesting, since I looked earlier, the forecast has changed a bit.
Old 10-10-2013, 06:12 AM   #3638
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
very true on the long range forecast. we won't get to the resort until afternoon on the 19th, looks like a good day for the kids to swim. **interesting, since I looked earlier, the forecast has changed a bit.
Where are you seeing such a long term forecast? I can only see the 10 day outlook?
Old 10-10-2013, 06:22 AM   #3639
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Where are you seeing such a long term forecast? I can only see the 10 day outlook?
http://www.accuweather.com/en/us/orl..._pc?view=table
Old 10-10-2013, 06:30 AM   #3640
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I don't think that's awful, if there's no rain I'm thankful!
Old 10-10-2013, 06:36 AM   #3641
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Thanks! I don't think that's awful, if there's no rain I'm thankful!
plenty of time for it to improve; this time next week we will know better.

Just wanted to say....we are down to single digits 9 days
Old 10-10-2013, 06:37 AM   #3642
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

I agree. I personally hate driving and worrying about parking and keys, blah, blah, blah. I just wanna go!
My dh is actually thrilled to not have a car this time. We have only ever stayed off property and driven so he is excited to not have to drive and be able to ride the bus. Lol
Old 10-10-2013, 06:38 AM   #3643
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Those parking lots are extremely organized! :-)
Old 10-10-2013, 06:39 AM   #3644
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know! :-(
Old 10-10-2013, 06:40 AM   #3645
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Hope you're right. :-)

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: