Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 10:32 AM   #3601
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Are the magic bands falling apart when people try to adjust them?
not that I am aware of. the video I saw showed that you need to use some force to take of the larger section and I don't think you can put it back on once it's off.

Honestly, the one who will be the most upset about the band being messed up is the 2 year old and her band doesn't do anything. Saw posts from people who have returned and they said they saw quite a few little kids with bands around their ankles.

Last edited by scard192; 10-09-2013 at 10:37 AM.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:13 AM   #3602
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I think I'm getting nervous to fly! Haven't been on a plane in 14 years!
UGH! I know what you mean about flying. I am scared to death and I have flown alot. Its like every time i am about to fly there is a show on called disaster in the sky and i watch it.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 11:22 AM   #3603
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
UGH! I know what you mean about flying. I am scared to death and I have flown alot. Its like every time i am about to fly there is a show on called disaster in the sky and i watch it.
I'm not scared, just nervous enough. Lol. I really want to watch that movie with Denzel Washington about that Plane , I forget the name, but I'm waiting til after the trip!!!
Old 10-09-2013, 11:24 AM   #3604
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
I'm not scared, just nervous enough. Lol. I really want to watch that movie with Denzel Washington about that Plane , I forget the name, but I'm waiting til after the trip!!!
Good idea lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:30 AM   #3605
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4CanadianMice View Post
My family knows I'm obsessed since I have been planning our trip for 1.5 years! My daughter is getting more excited the closer it gets and is helping with the final plans.

Has anyone gone to Disneyworld in December? I am not sure what to pack for clothes but swimsuits are a must ... we swim every New Years day even with the -5 weather so I'm sure Florida weather will feel balmy
In 2010 we went in mid-December and when we arrived it was in the 40's in the daytime and 30's at night. A few days later it warmed to the 60's during the day. We wore jeans/leggings and dressed in layers on top, long sleeve T's and jacket/sweatshirt. We are used to cold weather too, but there were people there wearing winter coats! Heck, there were folks wearing sweatshirts and jackets when we were there in September!

Just an observation about the MB accessories. The resorts are selling them and plenty in stock, BUT, I saw no one with MB's wearing the accessories. And there were a lot of folks with MB's.

Old 10-09-2013, 11:40 AM   #3606
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
Just an observation about the MB accessories. The resorts are selling them and plenty in stock, BUT, I saw no one with MB's wearing the accessories. And there were a lot of folks with MB's.
I have accessories but won't have my bands until around July of next year. Is that obsessive of me, that I went ahead and bought band accessories for a trip next year?
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Old 10-09-2013, 11:50 AM   #3607
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

I have accessories but won't have my bands until around July of next year. Is that obsessive of me, that I went ahead and bought band accessories for a trip next year?
I would do the same thing. Lol.
Old 10-09-2013, 11:56 AM   #3608
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
I almost went ahead and bought band accessories the day we left - and I don't even have a return trip planned yet! So if you're buying them for a planned trip next year is obsessive, I hate to think what psychosis I'd be diagnosed with!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-09-2013, 12:04 PM   #3609
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I would do the same thing. Lol.
Not at all!! I just thought it was odd I saw no one wearing them. Maybe the accessories will catch on with full roll out and then they will have a hard time keeping them in stock! The "advance" purchase may have been the way to go!

My kids never saw them, so I did not bring to their attention. This time around, they each had their own spending money that they earned and they new they were not going to get any more, so they were pretty picky about what they bought. Never having a child say can I have/I want...was priceless!!!

Old 10-09-2013, 12:16 PM   #3610
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I don't think I will wear my band on the flight but will pull it out before I check in for Magical Express. That is if I decide not to rent a car. Still can't make up my mind on that.

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-09-2013, 12:34 PM   #3611
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I think I'm getting nervous to fly! Haven't been on a plane in 14 years!
I have not flown very many times, and I get nervous each time. My husband gets very nervous, he hates flying. I just consider it something to get over and done..then I can relax and the fun can start when I get on the ground at Orlando airport

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 10-09-2013, 01:37 PM   #3612
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
I don't think I will wear my band on the flight but will pull it out before I check in for Magical Express. That is if I decide not to rent a car. Still can't make up my mind on that.
Question would be what other places you would want to go that would require a car. Anything Disney, you can use their transportation service. We rented a minivan for our trip, but that was because we drove from Ft Walton Beach, FL and my DD & DSIL's cars are old. We used the car just 2x during our 9-day stay - once to go to Walmart to buy stroller & once to go to Shades of Green to buy MNSSHP tickets so we wouldn't have to pay sales tax on the tickets.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-09-2013, 01:38 PM   #3613
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Put goggles aside too! I just remembered those. :-)
Bah! No goggles! I tease my husband all the time because not only does he tell the kids to wear them, but he wears them as well! No goggles for me! Actually, I never wore them when I was little either. They just seemed like more trouble than they were worth. Just not my thing I guess.
I think I'll conveniently forget to pack everyone's goggles!

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 work trip DW Beach Club
May '01 work trip DL Grand Californian
May '02 work trip DW Boardwalk
May '03 work trip DW Yacht Club
May '04 work trip DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
Old 10-09-2013, 01:59 PM   #3614
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post
Bah! No goggles! I tease my husband all the time because not only does he tell the kids to wear them, but he wears them as well! No goggles for me! Actually, I never wore them when I was little either. They just seemed like more trouble than they were worth. Just not my thing I guess.
I think I'll conveniently forget to pack everyone's goggles!
Ok. I was a goggle wearer when I was little and I'll tell you the pro of that: When we'd go to a water park in Atlanta, I would find all sorts of goodies in the wave pool/lazy river. Anything from necklace charms to raft tokens. The big find, though? 3 fifty dollar bills in the lazy river. The first one wrapped around my leg and I thought it was a leaf. SO glad I reached down to grab it. I immediately gave it to my mom and then went diving. One was in one of the grates so I had to swim against the flow to grab it and then the other was floating thru the water. I think I spent 3 hours in the LR after that (well, after going to guest relations)!!! I was going to tell a lifeguard but Mom was wise and said let's wait and go to the Guest Relations office (not that the lifeguard would be dishonest, but you never know). We were told that if no one came forward by closing time, the money was mine. Sadly for the people (but lucky for me), no one came forward. I always wonder about that....it made me sad that someone lost their money at the park. I would sure hate for that to have been me.

The con? One guy exposed himself to me underwater. I was only 10 so it more embarrassed and kind of shocked me. Now I wish I would have reported him. I can still picture his face. Gross. He was probably the one that lost the $150!

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-09-2013, 02:32 PM   #3615
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
We drive to Disney and this year we also drove to ALL the parks and that was the best decision ever! I do not know why we had never done it before??? It was relaxing, no stress, no waiting, no juggling kids and bags; pure bliss! It took us 2 mins to get to Animal Kingdom and 6 minutes to Magic Kingdom and the other two were in between, from AoA. Sometimes we walked to entrance and sometimes we took tram and we still cut our times getting into park by at least half compared to when we rode the bus.

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: