Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-09-2013, 08:18 AM   #3586
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom

Are you wearing your MBs from home? I still need to adjust mine. Did you cut yours down? Or was that Ald? I know Smitch did. I am nervous I am going to mess them up. Lol.
I wonder if the resort gift shops are carrying accessories for the MBs yet?
Yeah I'm going to put them on in the morning. I read on here that they make your ME go a little smoother. I don't think I'm going to do anything with mine or DH. I'm going to take the grey off of the kids though. I don't want to cut them, ill screw it up lol
I'm going to ask when we make it to POP for the free sliders. I may or may not accessorize it though. I read on here, again, that they fall off easily.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:20 AM   #3587
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom

So true! My friends have no idea the extent of my Disney madness!! :-)
My best friend does because our obsession is equal lol
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-09-2013, 08:21 AM   #3588
Kat016
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192
We live in the north, so not using summer clothes anymore. Went through everything to make sure we have enough clothes for everyone. Not sure what to expect for weather, forecast has been all over the place from 81-84, then 87-89, today looks wet most days. Plan to wear jeans, jackets on the plane, packing tshirts, shorts and maybe one pair of capris. Toiletries good to go. Need to organize my paperwork; taking it as back up in case there is a problem with the bands.

10 days to go, I feel on top of what needs to be done;suitcases come up from the basement this weekend. getting close....
We're from the north too and I thought summer was over. I was going to pack last weekend and than summer showed up again....I had my ac on. So I'm hoping this weekend I can start packing.
Old 10-09-2013, 08:33 AM   #3589
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kat016 View Post
We figure, worse case scenario....we'll ship some souvenirs home. I know!! I can't wait to pack either. The summer weather last weekend messed up my plans of packing. Hopefully I can start packing this weekend.
I know it was sooooo hot in Ohio!!! I had to break down and turn the AC on a couple of nights!
Old 10-09-2013, 09:09 AM   #3590
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Are you wearing your MBs from home? I still need to adjust mine. Did you cut yours down? Or was that Ald? I know Smitch did. I am nervous I am going to mess them up. Lol.
I need to adjust the MB for my 2 nieces (2 and 7) but am afraid to tear them apart like in the instructions because if I mess it up the kids are going to be hearbroken. I might wait until we get to the resort in case we need new ones.
We have been wearing ours at home a bit. Saw some posts about can you wear them thru airport security. I am planning on putting them all in my carryon and we can put them on when we land in MCO before we board ME.
Can't believe its only 10 days away.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:26 AM   #3591
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
I need to adjust the MB for my 2 nieces (2 and 7) but am afraid to tear them apart like in the instructions because if I mess it up the kids are going to be hearbroken. I might wait until we get to the resort in case we need new ones.
We have been wearing ours at home a bit. Saw some posts about can you wear them thru airport security. I am planning on putting them all in my carryon and we can put them on when we land in MCO before we board ME.
Can't believe its only 10 days away.
Are the magic bands falling apart when people try to adjust them?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:27 AM   #3592
4CanadianMice
Earning My Ears

Quote:
Originally Posted by mickey1968 View Post
That's one of the things I like best about the Dis! I feel much more "normal" here among the super planners and die-hard Disney freaks.

There is no need for friends and family to realize the true depths of my obsession!
My family knows I'm obsessed since I have been planning our trip for 1.5 years! My daughter is getting more excited the closer it gets and is helping with the final plans.

Has anyone gone to Disneyworld in December? I am not sure what to pack for clothes but swimsuits are a must ... we swim every New Years day even with the -5 weather so I'm sure Florida weather will feel balmy
Old 10-09-2013, 09:29 AM   #3593
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Are the magic bands falling apart when people try to adjust them?
t

If you peel the grey off there's no getting it back on. Luckily I didn't take mine all the way off so I was able to secure it with a few beads of super glue.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:38 AM   #3594
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
t

If you peel the grey off there's no getting it back on. Luckily I didn't take mine all the way off so I was able to secure it with a few beads of super glue.
Okay thanks So its better to cut them? Even for little kids?
Old 10-09-2013, 09:39 AM   #3595
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
I think so. POR gift shop had some - which we didn't see until the day we left to go home. Was a little disappointed there, but was probably a blessing in disguise. It's not like I didn't find more than enough stuff to spend $$ on while we were there!!

Btw, I started packing for my trip the 1st of August - and I didn't leave until Sep 11th!!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-09-2013, 09:43 AM   #3596
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
My DD took the gray part of my DGD's band so it would fit. Had no problems with it at all (unless you count trying to get her to take the band back off!!)

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-09-2013, 09:46 AM   #3597
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
For itty bitty wrists you could take the grey off and be fine. My 5 year old doesn't want the grey off, nor does he want it cut. And to be honest, I like that the extra coils up around his wrist, it makes me feel like it's got less of a chance of slipping off.
Old 10-09-2013, 09:48 AM   #3598
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Gosh, I've been obsessing over this trip for so long now that I almost have cold feet! 10 more days! Crazy to think next weekend I'll be in the world!
Old 10-09-2013, 10:14 AM   #3599
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Gosh, I've been obsessing over this trip for so long now that I almost have cold feet! 10 more days! Crazy to think next weekend I'll be in the world!
I totally know what you mean! I'm actually starting to get nervous 10 Days!!! Shipped our box down to Pop today, so it's really starting to feel real now

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Old 10-09-2013, 10:23 AM   #3600
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
I totally know what you mean! I'm actually starting to get nervous 10 Days!!! Shipped our box down to Pop today, so it's really starting to feel real now
I think I'm getting nervous to fly! Haven't been on a plane in 14 years!

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: