Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-07-2013, 12:17 PM   #3496
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by prettypatchesmsu View Post
Me and my Mom have rocked the fanny pack since our first trip! And on our solo trip with just me and DH, I'm rocking it again! Not the most stylish, but super practical and does not hurt my neck/shoulder which tends to act up with bag straps.
My sister found a WDW fanny pack at the thrift store back home and bought it with DS4 in mind. It is actually made for an adult and when I pointed this out, DH was like, "Noooooo! You are NOT wearing that!" With my neck issues, it might not be a bad idea.... Or, he can just carry all my stuff

Ok, Vera Bradley peeps. No one has really answered my question on why you guys love her bags so much. Are they washable?

I'm not sure we have an outlet near us but I will have to check and see. I'm intrigued.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-07-2013, 12:32 PM   #3497
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

I only have one vB bag but I assume most people just like the fun patterns. They are washable, although the one I got have leather handles, so did they did not hold up well.
For Disney though, I am looking at purchasing one of the Le Sportsac bags.

Very anxiously awaiting our next Disney vacation, which could be either March, April, or May 2016, Oct or Nov 2015, or this spring, if I have my way.
Sigh.

April '88 with high school marching band Tokyo DL!
May '99 with sister's family, DW Dixie Landings (POR-R)
May '00 with work DW Beach Club
May '01 with work DL Grand Californian
May '02 with work DW Boardwalk
May '03 with work DW Yacht Club
May '04 with work DW Beach Club

Nov '13 first family Disney vacation! DW POR-R/AoA Cars
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 12:33 PM   #3498
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
My sister found a WDW fanny pack at the thrift store back home and bought it with DS4 in mind. It is actually made for an adult and when I pointed this out, DH was like, "Noooooo! You are NOT wearing that!" With my neck issues, it might not be a bad idea.... Or, he can just carry all my stuff

Ok, Vera Bradley peeps. No one has really answered my question on why you guys love her bags so much. Are they washable?

I'm not sure we have an outlet near us but I will have to check and see. I'm intrigued.
Yes they are washable (cavet-there are a few styles that have a rigid cardboard type form, these cannot be washed nor can the leather/trimmed ones).

I love the small wristlet type things because they do not hang on my neck (removeable wrist strap I loop it around my belt loop then reattach it to the wristlet), but the mini hipsters are very light and I change sides often and don't have a load of trouble with it.

There is a VB outlet at the Premium mall on Vineland. Last trip I was there a day early and went to buy a few mini hipsters (old style) my friend when she joined me LOVED the mini hipster and carried my new one until we could go back to the mall so she could buy one herself then used it for the rest of the trip.

Old 10-07-2013, 12:49 PM   #3499
mickey1968
Mouseketeer

I have a VB hipster in the red deco daisy print that I bought online a few months ago that I am going to take this trip. It is big enough for my dslr camera and some other odds & ends. I am trying to decide whether I will get some of the new Disney prints or go to the outlet store on my trip.

I carry a VB tote and wristlet every day to work. I totally ditched a regular purse and just use the wristlet which holds by iphone just fine. I would like to get one of the new Disney ones and maybe a backpack for my camera.

19 days to decide!

May 2014 - Pop Century, F&G and SWW • Oct./Nov. 2013 - PORS, MNSSHP and F&W • Oct./Nov. 2012 - Pop Century, MNSSHP and F&W • May 2012 - Pop Century, SWW, F&G • Nov. 2011 - POFQ, MVMCP • June 2002 - off-site/conference • 1990s - several trips staying off-site; Uni 2x • 1991 - WDW College Program (Spring) • 1985 - First trip with parents at age 16 or 17

Old 10-07-2013, 01:00 PM   #3500
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Argh! I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe and it's for 2 people not 3 like I need!! Ugh!!!
I just called them 2 minutes ago to change my breakfast to a lunch reservation because I finally got Tusker House for breakfast. My lunch time was booked on the Disney site but I got exactly what I wanted when I called.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:27 PM   #3501
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Also, take a zip lock bag for water rides, just zip up all your electronics in there.
Great tip about zip locs!

Quote:
I'm all about being minimalist when it comes to purses.
Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I'll be carrying this in the parks. Fits my autograph book, iPhone, camera and a few other small things. I love Vera
Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post

That is me too! I use my iphone as my main camera and this was my plan for WDW too. However, maybe I take too many pics, but my battery would not last all day/night.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
I use a pouch that clips around th waist for cell phone money tums and aspirins lol
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mom22girls56 View Post
I too have been searching for a small purse (cross body) that would just fit the necessities and I found this at Target for $12.99! It is lined on the inside so even if it gets wet it won't soak the inside. It's perfect!

Check out this item at Target: Mossimo Supply Co. Alexis Small Crossbody Handbag - Black.
Thanks for all the ideas!!!

I didn't even think about losing my charge Pluto so I probably will be bringing my small cannon too!

I think I decided I will use this little Lilly Bloom over the shoulder bag that I saw at Belk. The bag itself is waterproof. I tried walking around with the wristlet types and I think I would rather be hands free.
Old 10-07-2013, 01:45 PM   #3502
scard192
DIS Veteran

Just got a reminder e-mail from Disney Destinations to customize my MB by tomorrow so they can ship them. Hey, Disney, I have had the bands since September 20th. Will they really issue another set? Anyone else get a 2nd set?
Old 10-07-2013, 01:57 PM   #3503
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post
While QS credits are not tracked separately, the terms of the plan clearly state that all children on the plan must order from the kid's menu where one is available. Also, your KTTW card (and likely somehow on your magic band when scanned, as well) will show the number of adults and kids on the plan. So if you have 2 adults and one child on the DP, the most adult meals you can order is 2.

And as a reminder, it is against Disboards policy to discuss ways to circumvent Disney policy. Just be careful because typically discussions about kids using QS credits for adult meals can get threads closed.
When we were there last month, we were told that QS meals weren't designated as kids or adults (by cashier CM at Contemporary Resort). Whether that is true or not, I'm not sure. We were just trying to use up all or QS credits before we left to go home.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-07-2013, 02:11 PM   #3504
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
Just got a reminder e-mail from Disney Destinations to customize my MB by tomorrow so they can ship them. Hey, Disney, I have had the bands since September 20th. Will they really issue another set? Anyone else get a 2nd set?
We didn't get a 2nd set of MBs, but we did get a notice from Disney that they would be shipped soon - about a week after we'd already received them!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 10-07-2013, 02:21 PM   #3505
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

We got one too!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:21 PM   #3506
aym4Him
DIS Veteran

MICKEY MAIL ARRIVED TODAY!!

(I'm a 1st timer when it comes to MM so I have been counting down the days)

Ok. Carry on.

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
Old 10-07-2013, 03:43 PM   #3507
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
MICKEY MAIL ARRIVED TODAY!!

(I'm a 1st timer when it comes to MM so I have been counting down the days)

Ok. Carry on.

Old 10-07-2013, 03:48 PM   #3508
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Hey everyone!

It just now dawned on me that I set up all of my families FP exactly the same. For example, all 5 of us for Space Mountain when I am pretty sure that DD (7) isn't going to be interested. On the reverse, DS (13) at Enchanted Tales with Belle.... Although that might be hilarious to watch.... It is fun torturing the 13 year old....

Did you split yours up?
Old 10-07-2013, 04:51 PM   #3509
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hey everyone!

It just now dawned on me that I set up all of my families FP exactly the same. For example, all 5 of us for Space Mountain when I am pretty sure that DD (7) isn't going to be interested. On the reverse, DS (13) at Enchanted Tales with Belle.... Although that might be hilarious to watch.... It is fun torturing the 13 year old....

Did you split yours up?
I did split some up, hence the need for texting to meet back up again. The last couple of days though we just used FP+ for rides we could all do to make things less chaotic.

Old 10-07-2013, 06:23 PM   #3510
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hey everyone!

Did you split yours up?
I am making everyone go to ETWB, DSs are 14 &12. My payback for TOT. And if they complain, I am volunteering them for EVERY role!

I am going to try and split a few up, after I get my main choices down.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: