Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #3481
bookgirl
I don't eat onions-they squelch when you bite into them
I don't eat raisins-they look like dried up bugs
Can we say food issues?

I too usually do a VB mini hipster or a wristlets that I put the strap through a belt loop. However moms going this trip and usually when I have a parent along I take a backpack or cross body bag to hold stuff so they don't have to carry things.

I do have two new VB items that are great minimalist items both of which will hold my smartphone and a few essentials that I love.

The Smartphone wristlets

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C...s?fromSearch=1

The all in one crossbody

http://www.verabradley.com/catalog/s...y&x=-845&y=-85

UPCOMING: 1/15 AllStar Movies WDW

Old 10-06-2013, 10:03 PM   #3482
xipotec
Grinning Ghosts

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post

Have a decent case, but not one so big it makes it bulky or blocks controls.

Also, take a zip lock bag for water rides, just zip up all your electronics in there.
Yup, black has it again. I would recommend one of the better shell cases like CASE CROWN. And a screen protector as well.

The ziploc is a great idea, easy to carry all things inside to keep it dry. You may want a fanny pack or messenger bag. They are really the way to go.
Before that too many to list
!

SOME IMAGINATION, HUH??? - Mickey Mouse
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 10-07-2013, 06:29 AM   #3483
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camera now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.

We will have PP+ too but I know I will be taking my own pics.

Thanks for your advice!
I use a pouch that clips around th waist for cell phone money tums and aspirins lol
Old 10-07-2013, 06:34 AM   #3484
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by xipotec View Post
You may want a fanny pack or messenger bag. They are really the way to go.
lol on the fanny pack. I have one, wanted to bring it and my sister had a fit. She said she wasn't walking around Disney with me if I was wearing a fanny pack. She was the one who got the FD PIN so I had to go with her.

Do like the Vera Bradley mini hipster.
Old 10-07-2013, 06:35 AM   #3485
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Looks like ill b needing the new dac card. I am still in pt the knees getting better but not better enough. I rented an evc from apple but I DON'T want One. We have 32 days to go. Hoping I can use the evc just to cruis around the resort and back n forth to riverside. With the dac card I can use it like a fast pass and come back at a certain time. That will work because I can't stand in one spot or sit in one spot for too long yet. The new rules are fine for me I don't need to be first to get in as long as I don't have to stand maybe I won need evc in park. 32 days left to heal praying for pixie dustttt
Old 10-07-2013, 06:36 AM   #3486
sunset7132
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post

lol on the fanny pack. I have one, wanted to bring it and my sister had a fit. She said she wasn't walking around Disney with me if I was wearing a fanny pack. She was the one who got the FD PIN so I had to go with her.

I have a pouch aka fanny pack I've been using only for disney since the eighties lol
Old 10-07-2013, 06:42 AM   #3487
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Ok. I have to ask- what drew you to the Vera B stuff? My MIL has a couple of her bags (or knockoffs- I'm not sure) but I'm curious now that Disney is even going to be selling them.

If I ask her why she has them, she'll find a way to think I'm saying she's dumb for spending money on them .

That bag looks cool, by the way.
my sister and I were at the local outlets shopping last year and saw the Vera Bradley outlet had a 50% off sale. It's 50% off the outlet price so a really good deal. Love the number of styles and patterns they have. I can get a hand bag and matching wallet for ~ $75-80 total. I've spent close to that at Kohls or Jc Penney and the stuff is not even close in quality.I only go now when there is a big sale and on your birthday you get a $20 off coupon; I used that to get the mini hipster for Disney.I don't care if the pattern I like is last years; those are usually cheaper.

My sister loves Coach; there is no way I would spend that much money on a purse.

Last edited by scard192; 10-07-2013 at 06:49 AM.
Old 10-07-2013, 07:05 AM   #3488
ALD85
DIS Veteran

Quote:
my sister and I were at the local outlets shopping last year and saw the Vera Bradley outlet had a 50% off sale. It's 50% off the outlet price so a really good deal. Love the number of styles and patterns they have. I can get a hand bag and matching wallet for ~ $75-80 total. I've spent close to that at Kohls or Jc Penney and the stuff is not even close in quality.I only go now when there is a big sale and on your birthday you get a $20 off coupon; I used that to get the mini hipster for Disney.I don't care if the pattern I like is last years; those are usually cheaper. My sister loves Coach; there is no way I would spend that much money on a purse.
Birthday coupon now is 40% off one item or 20% off your entire purchase at the outlet store!!!!! Just got one
Old 10-07-2013, 07:09 AM   #3489
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

I too have been searching for a small purse (cross body) that would just fit the necessities and I found this at Target for $12.99! It is lined on the inside so even if it gets wet it won't soak the inside. It's perfect!

Check out this item at Target: Mossimo Supply Co. Alexis Small Crossbody Handbag - Black.

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Old 10-07-2013, 07:10 AM   #3490
Mom22girls56
Mouseketeer

Well that was supposed to be a link but didn't work. Oh well, just search for it on Targets website

Madison (8) Avery (6) Emma (1)

October 2003 Port Orleans
Riverside

January 2010 Pop Century
Old 10-07-2013, 07:25 AM   #3491
scard192
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post
Looks like ill b needing the new dac card. I am still in pt the knees getting better but not better enough. I rented an evc from apple but I DON'T want One. We have 32 days to go. Hoping I can use the evc just to cruis around the resort and back n forth to riverside. With the dac card I can use it like a fast pass and come back at a certain time. That will work because I can't stand in one spot or sit in one spot for too long yet. The new rules are fine for me I don't need to be first to get in as long as I don't have to stand maybe I won need evc in park. 32 days left to heal praying for pixie dustttt
hope the PT works and the healing starts to speed up.
Old 10-07-2013, 09:09 AM   #3492
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by sunset7132 View Post

They are both good. We always hit earl first. Waited a year for that yummy earl lol
I think we will try Earl's. This is our first trip and there are so many things we want to do and try but we will have to pace ourselves and realize we can't do it all. Thanks again and glad you got your earl!!!

2013 - CBR Pirate Room, 2014 - POR, 2015 - CBR
Old 10-07-2013, 09:11 AM   #3493
totebagg
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by KNovacovschi View Post
Earl should have their holiday sandwich by mid November. It's amazing. Google it & see what I mean. We will be at DTD on the 19th as well but have ADR at Raglan Rd so no Holiday sandwich for me.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Oh just looked up the holiday sandwich and it looks yummy. So many good choices!

2013 - CBR Pirate Room, 2014 - POR, 2015 - CBR
Old 10-07-2013, 01:01 PM   #3494
rileyroo120
Mouseketeer

I have reservations for Tuskerhouse breakfast on Nov 2. I am trying to prepare for our trip and deciding how much cash to bring. Does anyone know how much breakfast is for 2 adults and 2 children under 10? I have checked allears.net but it gives a price range. I am hoping for something more specific. Thanks in advance
Old 10-07-2013, 01:02 PM   #3495
prettypatchesmsu
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Me and my Mom have rocked the fanny pack since our first trip! And on our solo trip with just me and DH, I'm rocking it again! Not the most stylish, but super practical and does not hurt my neck/shoulder which tends to act up with bag straps.

2013 October 19th-31st - Pop Century / DH & Me for 18th Anniversary Dream Trip
2011 October - Pop Century / Mom, Me, & DH
2008 June - All Star Movies / Mom, Me, & DH
1992 June - Caribbean Beach Resort / Mom & Me
Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: