Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts
 
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read


Closed Thread
 
Thread Tools Rate Thread
Old 10-06-2013, 04:55 PM   #3466
aym4Him
DIS Veteran
 
aym4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camara now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.

We will have PP+ too but I know I will be taking my own pics.

Thanks for your advice!
I'm all about being minimalist when it comes to purses. I, too, was thinking about that wallet from Target but I was at Ross the other day and saw this wallet/phone holder by The Sak. It can be a wristlet but it also came with a long strap so that you can use it as a cross-body "purse." It looks more like a small point-and-shoot camera case. I wish I could post a pic without having to upload to photobucket, etc.... Let me try a link. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...e+sak+wristlet

Maybe that will work. If not, type "The Sak Wristlet" in Amazon and it should bring up some choices. Mine is closer to the one on the top. I got it for $17.99. Let me know if you have any questions.

We will have PP+ but I'm thinking about also bringing my DSL. Oy. We will have a stroller and a backpack so at least I won't have to wear it around my neck all day. I wish I could just use my iphone but I'm bad enough about using it daily instead of getting my big camera out.
__________________
Our Family: Dillon (DH), Amy (me), and Ethan (Wish Kid Alumni)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 06:49 PM   #3467
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
I'm all about being minimalist when it comes to purses. I, too, was thinking about that wallet from Target but I was at Ross the other day and saw this wallet/phone holder by The Sak. It can be a wristlet but it also came with a long strap so that you can use it as a cross-body "purse." It looks more like a small point-and-shoot camera case. I wish I could post a pic without having to upload to photobucket, etc.... Let me try a link. http://www.amazon.com/s/ref=nb_sb_no...e+sak+wristlet Maybe that will work. If not, type "The Sak Wristlet" in Amazon and it should bring up some choices. Mine is closer to the one on the top. I got it for $17.99. Let me know if you have any questions. We will have PP+ but I'm thinking about also bringing my DSL. Oy. We will have a stroller and a backpack so at least I won't have to wear it around my neck all day. I wish I could just use my iphone but I'm bad enough about using it daily instead of getting my big camera out.
I'll be carrying this in the parks. Fits my autograph book, iPhone, camera and a few other small things. I love Vera!

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001725.uts
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Join Date: 1997
Location: Orlando, FL
Posts: 1,000,000
Old 10-06-2013, 06:52 PM   #3468
scard192
DIS Veteran
 
Join Date: Jun 2009
Posts: 2,753

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I'll be carrying this in the parks. Fits my autograph book, iPhone, camera and a few other small things. I love Vera!

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001725.uts
very nice. I too am bringing a Vera Bradley mini hipster.
__________________
scard192 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 06:59 PM   #3469
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by scard192 View Post
very nice. I too am bringing a Vera Bradley mini hipster.
one of my carry ons is a Vera mailbag
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 07:12 PM   #3470
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf
 
plutospalforever's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Location: Notre Dame Fightin' Irish Country
Posts: 1,718

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Have a decent case, but not one so big it makes it bulky or blocks controls.

Also, take a zip lock bag for water rides, just zip up all your electronics in there.
How did you get in my post???? I just can't escape you!!! LOL : )

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camera now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.

We will have PP+ too but I know I will be taking my own pics.

Thanks for your advice!
That is me too! I use my iphone as my main camera and this was my plan for WDW too. However, maybe I take too many pics, but my battery would not last all day/night. I know they have charging stations in the park, but I didn't want to take time away to try this. We also split up a lot so I needed my phone to text. So I ended up carrying both my phone and camera in my tiny cross body Mickey purse. It worked out well; never had any "purse shoulder" pain.
__________________
Me DH DS(13) DD(10) DD(5) DS(2) DPuppy

plutospalforever is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 07:14 PM   #3471
Kat016
DIS Veteran
 
Kat016's Avatar
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Pottstown, Pa
Posts: 2,758

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom
Hi "oh Dis wise ones",

I am wondering how you all handle the iphone in the parks. This has become my main camera now and will probably need to be more accessible this time around. I saw this wallet looking thing at Target that is clear on one side that you put your phone in and the other has slots for credit cards, money, etc.

I have a small purse that I plan on wearing and have planned to keep it in there but am now wondering if any of you handle this differently.

We will have PP+ too but I know I will be taking my own pics.

Thanks for your advice!
I use a Vera Bradley wristlet. I plan on buying a Mickey Mouse Vera Bradley wristlet, if they're available, when I go down. Ill be using a wdw sling vag I bought last year too.
Kat016 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 07:47 PM   #3472
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Argh! I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe and it's for 2 people not 3 like I need!! Ugh!!!
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 07:49 PM   #3473
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept
 
black562's Avatar
 
Join Date: Jun 2005
Posts: 4,196

Quote:
Originally Posted by plutospalforever View Post
How did you get in my post???? I just can't escape you!!! LOL : )
I'm like a bad penny, always turning up.



Just for that, no free fastpasses for you!!!
__________________
Joe
1973-1994 - Off Site | 1995 - Carribbean Beach, All Star Music, Beach Club | 1996 - Dixie Landings
1997 - Off Site
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs



black562 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 07:54 PM   #3474
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hamilton Ohio
Posts: 484

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
Argh! I'm not quite sure how it happened, but I have an ADR for Rainforest Cafe and it's for 2 people not 3 like I need!! Ugh!!!
Can't you add a person?
KathieSmallwood is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:01 PM   #3475
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
Can't you add a person?
I don't believe so, because they are no available times left. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if it's possible.
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:06 PM   #3476
KathieSmallwood
Mouseketeer
 
Join Date: May 2013
Location: Hamilton Ohio
Posts: 484

kathies

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I don't believe so, because they are no available times left. I'm going to call tomorrow and see if it's possible.
If you call the restaurant instead of trying to get the time you want on the Disney ADR site, you will most likely get the time you want. I did this for the Rain Forrest by Animal Kingdom. The Disney site was out of the time I wanted. So I called the restaurant and got it. My conformation is my last name.
KathieSmallwood is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:27 PM   #3477
aym4Him
DIS Veteran
 
aym4Him's Avatar
 
Join Date: May 2012
Location: Texas
Posts: 587

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post
I'll be carrying this in the parks. Fits my autograph book, iPhone, camera and a few other small things. I love Vera!

http://www.verabradley.com/product/C.../p/1001725.uts
Ok. I have to ask- what drew you to the Vera B stuff? My MIL has a couple of her bags (or knockoffs- I'm not sure) but I'm curious now that Disney is even going to be selling them.

If I ask her why she has them, she'll find a way to think I'm saying she's dumb for spending money on them .

That bag looks cool, by the way.
__________________
Our Family: Dillon (DH), Amy (me), and Ethan (Wish Kid Alumni)

Ethan's Magical MAW PTR (November 11-17; extending to the 20th!, 2012)

Shh! It's surprise! "Darth Ethan's Return to the Kingdom 2013" Pop Century November 11-19th
Happy Wishiversary, Ethan!
aym4Him is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:42 PM   #3478
she who must read
new to all of this
 
Join Date: Jul 2013
Location: West Coast
Posts: 60

other threads

OK - I am done with everything I can think of for the planning of our trip. What are you favorite threads on Disboards just so I can have more to read!

Additionally, what is the thread called that has to do with ADA cancellations? I might need to cancel a few in the weeks before I go at Thanksgiving and want to be able to give people a heads up!

Thanks for any links and names...


Wendy
she who must read is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:44 PM   #3479
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by KathieSmallwood View Post
If you call the restaurant instead of trying to get the time you want on the Disney ADR site, you will most likely get the time you want. I did this for the Rain Forrest by Animal Kingdom. The Disney site was out of the time I wanted. So I called the restaurant and got it. My conformation is my last name.
That's the one I want, I'll have to give them a call! Thanks!
__________________
[/url]
ALD85 is offline  
Old 10-06-2013, 08:45 PM   #3480
ALD85
DIS Veteran
 
ALD85's Avatar
 
Join Date: Feb 2013
Posts: 811

Quote:
Originally Posted by aym4Him View Post
Ok. I have to ask- what drew you to the Vera B stuff? My MIL has a couple of her bags (or knockoffs- I'm not sure) but I'm curious now that Disney is even going to be selling them. If I ask her why she has them, she'll find a way to think I'm saying she's dumb for spending money on them . That bag looks cool, by the way.
My friend had one and I just fell in love! They're great bags, very good quality! Pricey though, but I never pay full price. Some of my friends tell me they're "old lady" bags, but honestly they're most popular amongst middle school girls! Either way, I don't care, love em!
__________________
[/url]

Last edited by ALD85; 10-06-2013 at 08:53 PM.
ALD85 is offline  
Closed Thread



Thread Tools
Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread:

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off

Forum Jump

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
GET OUR DIS UPDATES DELIVERED BY EMAIL



All times are GMT -5. The time now is 09:26 PM.

Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.

Copyright © 1997-2014, Werner Technologies, LLC. All Rights Reserved.

You Rated this Thread: