Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-28-2013, 11:32 AM   #1966
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by JDSNY10 View Post
Hi Dis'ers. I have been following the thread for a while now and I am hoping somone can help me plan a trip... I usually let my wife do all the planning but she left this one up to me.

Looking to plan a november trip this year w/ free dining and my hotel options would be POLY? The Boardwalk Inn? The Beach Club ? Or the PO Riverside ?

My wife and I stayed at POR a very long time ago and liked it very much,which makes me think we should go there again BUT this time we are traveling w/ three children. Where would you stay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Just wanted to make sure those are the resorts that still have free dining available??? I would hate for you to have your heart set on a place only to find out that free dining was not available.

Room square footage wise, Poly is the largest followed by Beach Club and Boardwalk and finally POR.

Old 08-28-2013, 11:38 AM   #1967
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Thanks so much for your opinons Sylkie31. I tried looking at the room pics on all resorts and the deluxe rooms have a bigger room which makes it seem like it would be the way to go being there are 5 of us. I just dont know what to do. kids bring alot of baggage but my wife brings a ton more!
Lol...

Have you considered getting two connecting rooms at a Value??? Disney does not guarantee this, but the chances are very high that they will. Just do not ask for adjoining-in Disney language that means rooms that are near each other. Connecting has an interior door between the rooms. Just a thought; not sure how old your kids are.

For us, having 2 bathrooms is a big thing!

Last edited by plutospalforever; 08-28-2013 at 11:46 AM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-28-2013, 11:39 AM   #1968
KarmaCat
Earning My Ears

I was originally scheduled for Dec 6-11 at POFQ at rack rate, but yesterday ended up switching to Nov 22-29 at Pop because I was able to snag the free dining promo! Paying about the same amount as before, but getting two extra days and free dining out of the deal. Can't beat that!!! Looks like it will be a happy Thanksgiving holiday this year!
Old 08-28-2013, 11:42 AM   #1969
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarmaCat View Post
I was originally scheduled for Dec 6-11 at POFQ at rack rate, but yesterday ended up switching to Nov 22-29 at Pop because I was able to snag the free dining promo! Paying about the same amount as before, but getting two extra days and free dining out of the deal. Can't beat that!!! Looks like it will be a happy Thanksgiving holiday this year!

Old 08-28-2013, 12:34 PM   #1970
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Thanks so much for your opinions Sylkie31. I tried looking at the room pics on all resorts and the deluxe rooms have a bigger room which makes it seem like it would be the way to go being there are 5 of us. I just dont know what to do. kids bring alot of baggage but my wife brings a ton more!
POR does have some rooms (in AB section) that sleep 5. Still, if I could afford to stay in a deluxe resort, I would - at least once!

Disney Fan for Life
Old 08-28-2013, 12:36 PM   #1971
Sylkie31
Veteran 'Mouse'-r

Quote:
Awesome - congrats.

Disney Fan for Life
Old 08-28-2013, 02:37 PM   #1972
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by rocky41102 View Post
Finally, there was a room at Port Orleans Riverside for 5 people with free dining for the dates we wanted! So we're going Nov 21-27! So excited! There were also other Riverside dates open in October too that weren't open yesterday.
Yeah!!!!! That is awesome!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:38 PM   #1973
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post

Good for you!

Now just send me some of your pixie dust; we need one more night at the end of our stay. Ever since we booked airfare and got a good rate to leave a day later, there has been no FD availability for that night. We got a RO for that night, but it would be so much more of a deal to get FD since POR only gets 5% off.
I bet it will open up as people's deadlines come up to pay. Spreading pixie dust your way! :-)
Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #1974
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by black562 View Post
Look at that counter...it's happening, I never thought it would get here.

Sweet!!!!!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:39 PM   #1975
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sylkie31 View Post

Awesome - I keep looking at mine (and making posts so I can) to see how close it's getting. 15 days & counting!
Oh yeah!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:42 PM   #1976
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by ALD85 View Post

Agh! Can't wait til I have 15 days!! I'm at 52 now!
Me too!!!!! We are almost there Ald! We check in 10/20. What r your park day plans? Pm me and we can compare and see if we can meet while there.
Old 08-28-2013, 02:43 PM   #1977
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
So nice! Congrats!
Old 08-28-2013, 02:51 PM   #1978
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Hi Dis'ers. I have been following the thread for a while now and I am hoping somone can help me plan a trip... I usually let my wife do all the planning but she left this one up to me.

Looking to plan a november trip this year w/ free dining and my hotel options would be POLY? The Boardwalk Inn? The Beach Club ? Or the PO Riverside ?

My wife and I stayed at POR a very long time ago and liked it very much,which makes me think we should go there again BUT this time we are traveling w/ three children. Where would you stay? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Hi JDSNY. Welcome out of lurkville. Lol. What ages are your kids. I have never stayed in property at all so I am only going off info from all the threads and not personal experience. I love the resort threads.

Do you like to be closer to MK or Epcot area? We are staying at BC because my kids are a little older and we love HS and Epcot. And the pool looks great.

I also agree with Pluto to make sure there is still FD available at these resorts.

Good luck!
Old 08-28-2013, 05:53 PM   #1979
v.t.
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Do you like to be closer to MK or Epcot area? We are staying at BC because my kids are a little older and we love HS and Epcot. And the pool looks great.
We stayed at BC our first visit. The kids loved the pool!!!!!! You will have a wonderful time.
Old 08-28-2013, 06:07 PM   #1980
plutospalforever
Statler & Waldorf

I got my Mickey Mail today. And Smitch, you were correct, voucher only for pp+ when ordered with a MYW package. It says I have to take to a PP sales center to exchange, do you still think they can give me the goods at resort check in???

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: