Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 02:13 PM   #151
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719

Not sure. It just says coming soon, 4x fuel points. But it does picture a variety of cards on the ad - Food, iTunes, movies, dept store.
Usually before holiday weekends they run the 4x specials. I think so ppl are more likely to grocery shop there and get gift cards and then get their gas. Pretty smart thinking! !!
Old 08-05-2013, 02:30 PM   #152
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
It is only for us Jersey folk.

Coconuts...I bet most people here wouldn't even know that we have at least 2 distinct "accents" in our state, huh? Much less our 'teams' that is pretty much decided on by the 95/206 split!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
People always tell me I have an accent but I don't hear it. Whenever I say I'm from Jersey, people think everyone from Jersey is from @ NYC. Now they have an accent!
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 02:35 PM   #153
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
It is only for us Jersey folk.

Coconuts...I bet most people here wouldn't even know that we have at least 2 distinct "accents" in our state, huh? Much less our 'teams' that is pretty much decided on by the 95/206 split!

As close as I am to NJ growing up only 10 mins across the bridge, I will never get it. South Jersey is actually the middle of the state, they don't have to pump their own gas, and anything in Cape May County may as well be it's own state. (disclaimer: my twin sister lives in W. Cape May)
Old 08-05-2013, 02:45 PM   #154
ALD85
DIS Veteran

My grocery store does fuel perks as well, and I used gift cards to pay for my trip, but can't get myself to buy them to us at WDW. Cause if you lose it you're done, that's it your money is gone. Where as if you do room charging if you lose your KTTW you can get a new one and no money is lost. You know? Ugh, I just hate to miss out on those fuel perks. :/
Old 08-05-2013, 02:53 PM   #155
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:

You can have the chocolate cake....my 2 kids will be vieing for that...just SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES....and no one gets hurt!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Me too! Except ours is Lax and FH. My son starts Lax this spring....he'll finally be old enough!

I changed our Tony's ADR to a 3:20 CP reservation because of the party.

Haaaa! I will try not to take out one of your kiddos over by the cake. :-)

My middle child is eat up with LAX. (Sleeps with his lax stick. Lol). Is FH field hockey?

We might just eat at Tony's with you guys. Lol. I keep looking but no luck.
Old 08-05-2013, 02:55 PM   #156
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
Ok need a place to vent and maybe get ideas. I don't want to start a new thread as there have been many on the topic, I think I may have even started one, but as the trip gets closer there's more drama!

We going on a trip (each family paying their own portion) with my inlaws, and two bother in-laws and their families. 8 adults, 6 kids.

One family has yet to book. When the trip comes up the adults get testy, mean, snarky, and generally unpleasant. SO when free dining came out we instructed our TA to move us to a moderate if price was comparable to get the discount. This decision was made with myself (the Disney nut) and the other two families who have booked.

Fastforward to today when dh had to inform other brother we did make the switch to secure discount. The brother knew it was a possibility prior too and my dh tried calling and texting him Saturday when changes happened. His brother didnt answer.

The 3 families are going and doing just Disney. The other brothers family is planning on stopping at mammoth cave KY, doing sea world for a day, universal for a day and then meeting us at Disney. So obviously cost isn't their issue!

But the brother freaked out on my dh and is just being nasty about the whole trip. I am worried about tuem ruining the trip...

Whew feel a bit better at just saying it all. Any ideas? They've got their daughter excited about going but we've stressed since day one its a big expense no one needs to do it if they aren't wanting too....
Sounds to me like they were very well informed of all of your plans. I would not worry about it or them if you can help it. Just my 2 cents.... :-)
Old 08-05-2013, 03:05 PM   #157
she who must read
new to all of this

it is hard

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Sounds to me like they were very well informed of all of your plans. I would not worry about it or them if you can help it. Just my 2 cents.... :-)
Quote:
Originally Posted by DonaldnDaisy5 View Post
Ok need a place to vent and maybe get ideas. I don't want to start a new thread as there have been many on the topic, I think I may have even started one, but as the trip gets closer there's more drama!

We going on a trip (each family paying their own portion) with my inlaws, and two bother in-laws and their families. 8 adults, 6 kids.

One family has yet to book. When the trip comes up the adults get testy, mean, snarky, and generally unpleasant. SO when free dining came out we instructed our TA to move us to a moderate if price was comparable to get the discount. This decision was made with myself (the Disney nut) and the other two families who have booked.

Fastforward to today when dh had to inform other brother we did make the switch to secure discount. The brother knew it was a possibility prior too and my dh tried calling and texting him Saturday when changes happened. His brother didnt answer.

The 3 families are going and doing just Disney. The other brothers family is planning on stopping at mammoth cave KY, doing sea world for a day, universal for a day and then meeting us at Disney. So obviously cost isn't their issue!

But the brother freaked out on my dh and is just being nasty about the whole trip. I am worried about tuem ruining the trip...

Whew feel a bit better at just saying it all. Any ideas? They've got their daughter excited about going but we've stressed since day one its a big expense no one needs to do it if they aren't wanting too....
OK - I travel with my family often. It is very hard when people have different ideas and styles. I suggest being very straight forward and put it all out there.

I would say that it seems that your choices have make the person uncomfortable, and that all you want to do is have fun. Suggest that they make the plans that are best for his/her family and you can all meet up when it works for all involved. Maybe suggest a few dining opportunities that include all - but that people can decide to be part of if they want. The message that you want everyone to be happy and have fun can be heard and then they can do what they will. Control is hard when there are many cooks in the kitchen...no matter how great the people are who are involved.

When I have done this in the past, it seems, everyone ends up doing the same thing but once they choose it rather than feeling they must, things go more smoothly.

Good luck!
Old 08-05-2013, 03:17 PM   #158
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by CaraMiaBelle View Post

As close as I am to NJ growing up only 10 mins across the bridge, I will never get it. South Jersey is actually the middle of the state, they don't have to pump their own gas, and anything in Cape May County may as well be it's own state. (disclaimer: my twin sister lives in W. Cape May)
I know! Here's the best though....

If you are from south of Trenton, more than likely you root for Philly teams...

North of Trenton, NY teams.....

Sadly....the only population that seems to root for our very own Jersey Devils are the ones in the Pine Barrens.

Funniest thing...as a newlywed living in GA...I pulled into a 'Smile' gas right off I-20 and sat there....waiting for someone to come pump my gas. Someone finally said to me...you gotta pump it yourself....I had no clue how to do it!

Old 08-05-2013, 03:24 PM   #159
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
I know; I grew up in NE Philly and never understood this either!

Did you get your dates? Saw you were looking for POR too.
Old 08-05-2013, 03:27 PM   #160
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:

Sadly....the only population that seems to root for our very own Jersey Devils are the ones in the Pine Barrens.

Funniest thing...as a newlywed living in GA...I pulled into a 'Smile' gas right off I-20 and sat there....waiting for someone to come pump my gas. Someone finally said to me...you gotta pump it yourself....I had no clue how to do it!

LOL. I grew up in Philadelphia so at least I know how to pump gas. Albeit I'm a little out of practice now.

What are your dates for FD and where?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:12 PM   #161
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post
I know; I grew up in NE Philly and never understood this either!

Did you get your dates? Saw you were looking for POR too.
Yes, I did get the dates I wanted! It sounds like almost everyone that was persistent enough got what they wanted. Have you seen more families of 5 looking for POR in the past couple days?

Now, I have a lot of ADR's to adjust, which, at this point, means I will have to call everyday to get for the times I want. Of course I probably won't get to do that anyway until the kids go back to school....is it the 26th yet?
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #162
NorCalGal
Mouseketeer

ohmygoshohmygoshohmygosh

I got free dining! (Actually, on the first but it took me a while to find time to post here.) I am sooooo excited. I'm going to arrive on Oct 29th (from California), stay near Universal for three nights and do two days there, then on Nov 1st it's over to Pop for eleven nights!!! And, I got tickets to the Halloween party on Nov 1st and the Christmas party on Nov 8th. Wahoo!!!! (Did I mention I'm excited.)
Old 08-05-2013, 04:14 PM   #163
CaraMiaBelle
DIS Veteran

Quote:

I can't remember, are you north or south of Trenton?
I don't think my sister from Cape May knows how to pump gas....seriously. I think when she was up here recently visiting and needed gas, my other sister pumped it for her!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:15 PM   #164
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Yes, I did get the dates I wanted! It sounds like almost everyone that was persistent enough got what they wanted. Have you seen more families of 5 looking for POR in the past couple days?

Now, I have a lot of ADR's to adjust, which, at this point, means I will have to call everyday to get for the times I want. Of course I probably won't get to do that anyway until the kids go back to school....is it the 26th yet?
I saw a bunch of postings on thread #2 for families of 5 that wanted POR. It was a make or break deal for us if we wanted to stay onsite. We had two rooms at ASMu booked which was almost $1500 more!
Old 08-05-2013, 04:16 PM   #165
black562
Dept of Redundancy Dept

Quote:
Originally Posted by she who must read View Post

OK - I travel with my family often. It is very hard when people have different ideas and styles. I suggest being very straight forward and put it all out there.

I would say that it seems that your choices have make the person uncomfortable, and that all you want to do is have fun. Suggest that they make the plans that are best for his/her family and you can all meet up when it works for all involved. Maybe suggest a few dining opportunities that include all - but that people can decide to be part of if they want. The message that you want everyone to be happy and have fun can be heard and then they can do what they will. Control is hard when there are many cooks in the kitchen...no matter how great the people are who are involved.

When I have done this in the past, it seems, everyone ends up doing the same thing but once they choose it rather than feeling they must, things go more smoothly.

Good luck!
I forgot to mention....a big welcome to the boards and to our threads. I hope you're having a great time!
| 1998 - Polynesian | 1999 - All Star Music | 2000 - Riverside | 2001 - All Star Music
2002 - All Star Movies, All Star Sports, All Star Music | 2003 - Riverside | 2005 - Pop Century
2006 - All Star Music, Riverside, All Star Sports, Pop Century
| 2007 - Pop Century | 2008 - Pop Century
2009 - Dolphin, Pop Century | 2010 - Riverside | 2012 - All Star Music | 2013 - Coronado Springs
2014 - Coronado Springs

Closed Thread

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: