Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts > Disney Discount Codes and Rates
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Closed Thread

Old 08-05-2013, 11:45 AM   #136
LouFapp
Semi-Phenomenal Nearly Cosmic Powers

Quote:
Originally Posted by jebpompano View Post
Sure am! Crazy, right?
I guess it truly is a small world after all.

Old 08-05-2013, 12:06 PM   #137
G719
Mouseketeer

August 19- September 15, 4x fuel points on gift cards at Kroger!

This saves me more than the 5% off at Target. I need $400 more in gift cards to cover our dining. At target I would save $20. At Kroger I get 1600 points, $1.60 off per gallon. I usually do a 15 gallon fill up so I save $24. I can pay for the gift cards with my disney visa and earn back $4 on the gift card purchase!
Register to remove

Old 08-05-2013, 12:38 PM   #138
Mommaof3
I have a wet noodle and I'm not afraid to use it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post

This saves me more than the 5% off at Target. I need $400 more in gift cards to cover our dining. At target I would save $20. At Kroger I get 1600 points, $1.60 off per gallon. I usually do a 15 gallon fill up so I save $24. I can pay for the gift cards with my disney visa and earn back $4 on the gift card purchase!
Thanks for the heads up at Krogers. I had not seen that yet. Time to purchase a few more gift cards!
Melissa
Old 08-05-2013, 12:45 PM   #139
Mouse Dreams
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mommy4 View Post
I know I'll still get some perks, but will I still get the amount I would if I had booked through Disney? And, I can't use Disney gift cards to pay through this supplier. Oh, this is so irritating!!
You may be correct.... Still not sure! If nothing else, you can use your gift cards on anything while you're at Disney!!!
Old 08-05-2013, 12:48 PM   #140
HBGdancermom
DIS Veteran

Hi gang!!! Made it over....It took me a while to get through the other thread since I was unable to get on over the weekend much .

I posted on that one too, but I am from NC. I was born in a small town in eastern NC but have been in CAry, which is close to Raleigh, for the past 19 years. My DH is from Syracuse and he runs into more people from his home town than I do...

I am also a SAHM and my DH works in the RTP (Research Triangle Park) lab world. I feel like I am a honorary cab driver though because that is where I spend my time... driving from LAX, to soccer, to basketball, to swimming, to dance, to schools, to grocery to get wine... Not complaining though, I love it!

I am most excited about staying on property for the first time. We have a lot of hotel points so that has always been a hard sale with DH.

Smitch, love the pics!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by JLKennedy View Post
Just booked it for Oct 21....Dd bday....we did it before and weren't going to do it again....but since it is her 15th bday I thought it might be a nice surprise.

Sent from my iPad using DISBoards
We are also booked for Oct 21st so JL and I will be fighting over the chocolate cake.

I also have a ADR that night at 1900 Prime (my dd loves the stepsisters) at 7 that I keep trying to find another time for but have not been able to yet....I really hope I can. That would not work I don't believe.

Alright, check in with you guys later. Off to the movies with kids.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:49 PM   #141
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mommaof3 View Post

Thanks for the heads up at Krogers. I had not seen that yet. Time to purchase a few more gift cards!
Melissa
I got the little print out from the coupon machine today with the dates.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:55 PM   #142
darnheather
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgerdon02 View Post
I'm still a little nervous about telling my kid's teachers too! They are only missing three days, but our school corp is really cracking down on attendance!
I'm really nervous about this as well. My kids will be missing 7 days! (gasp!) because we decided to go the week before Thanksgiving and then visit family the week of Thanksgiving. D is now in 7th grade and this is a new school system for us. Other than regular orthodontic appointments however, she never misses school.

No trips planned for now but fingers crossed for DCL in 2015.
Old 08-05-2013, 12:56 PM   #143
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by G719 View Post

Any idea if it will be like their last fuel promotion? The one that ended on Aug 3 was only 4x for CLOTHING related gift cards, meaning JCP, Kohl's, etc. it was in the fine print on the sign near the cards.
Old 08-05-2013, 01:02 PM   #144
she who must read
new to all of this

missing school

Quote:
Originally Posted by darnheather View Post
I'm really nervous about this as well. My kids will be missing 7 days! (gasp!) because we decided to go the week before Thanksgiving and then visit family the week of Thanksgiving. D is now in 7th grade and this is a new school system for us. Other than regular orthodontic appointments however, she never misses school.
As a 7th grade teacher, I actually try to plan around if I know kids will be out when and if I can. If a student tells me far in advance, if I can move something important, or teach it a bit early, I will.

The week before any break is packed full of tests at our school since we want to test the students before they leave for a bit. It is not unusual for kids to have a test in every class the week before Thanksgiving. The earlier your student tells the teachers, the better, in my opinion. It can be very hard on students, but it can be done!

My 2 cents...
Old 08-05-2013, 01:16 PM   #145
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Hi gang!!! Made it over....It took me a while to get through the other thread since I was unable to get on over the weekend much .

I posted on that one too, but I am from NC. I was born in a small town in eastern NC but have been in CAry, which is close to Raleigh, for the past 19 years. My DH is from Syracuse and he runs into more people from his home town than I do...

I am also a SAHM and my DH works in the RTP (Research Triangle Park) lab world. I feel like I am a honorary cab driver though because that is where I spend my time... driving from LAX, to soccer, to basketball, to swimming, to dance, to schools, to grocery to get wine... Not complaining though, I love it!

I am most excited about staying on property for the first time. We have a lot of hotel points so that has always been a hard sale with DH.

Smitch, love the pics!!

We are also booked for Oct 21st so JL and I will be fighting over the chocolate cake.

I also have a ADR that night at 1900 Prime (my dd loves the stepsisters) at 7 that I keep trying to find another time for but have not been able to yet....I really hope I can. That would not work I don't believe.

Alright, check in with you guys later. Off to the movies with kids.
You can have the chocolate cake....my 2 kids will be vieing for that...just SLOWLY STEP AWAY FROM THE CHOCOLATE COVERED STRAWBERRIES....and no one gets hurt!

HAHAHAHAHAHA!

Me too! Except ours is Lax and FH. My son starts Lax this spring....he'll finally be old enough!

I changed our Tony's ADR to a 3:20 CP reservation because of the party.

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-05-2013, 01:25 PM   #146
Coconuts
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LouFapp View Post
Oh you wouldn't get it unless you were from Connecticut. We are allowed to do whatever we want. That's the law.
Oh I thought that was only people from NJ!

Only on page 3 of new thread. Must read quicker!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:29 PM   #147
smitch425
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by HBGdancermom View Post
Smitch, love the pics!!
Thanks!
Old 08-05-2013, 01:45 PM   #148
DonaldnDaisy5
Mouseketeer

Ok need a place to vent and maybe get ideas. I don't want to start a new thread as there have been many on the topic, I think I may have even started one, but as the trip gets closer there's more drama!

We going on a trip (each family paying their own portion) with my inlaws, and two bother in-laws and their families. 8 adults, 6 kids.

One family has yet to book. When the trip comes up the adults get testy, mean, snarky, and generally unpleasant. SO when free dining came out we instructed our TA to move us to a moderate if price was comparable to get the discount. This decision was made with myself (the Disney nut) and the other two families who have booked.

Fastforward to today when dh had to inform other brother we did make the switch to secure discount. The brother knew it was a possibility prior too and my dh tried calling and texting him Saturday when changes happened. His brother didnt answer.

The 3 families are going and doing just Disney. The other brothers family is planning on stopping at mammoth cave KY, doing sea world for a day, universal for a day and then meeting us at Disney. So obviously cost isn't their issue!

But the brother freaked out on my dh and is just being nasty about the whole trip. I am worried about tuem ruining the trip...

Whew feel a bit better at just saying it all. Any ideas? They've got their daughter excited about going but we've stressed since day one its a big expense no one needs to do it if they aren't wanting too....
Old 08-05-2013, 01:51 PM   #149
JLKennedy
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coconuts View Post

Oh I thought that was only people from NJ!

Only on page 3 of new thread. Must read quicker!
It is only for us Jersey folk.

Coconuts...I bet most people here wouldn't even know that we have at least 2 distinct "accents" in our state, huh? Much less our 'teams' that is pretty much decided on by the 95/206 split!

Sent from my iPhone using DISBoards
Old 08-05-2013, 01:59 PM   #150
G719
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smitch425 View Post

Any idea if it will be like their last fuel promotion? The one that ended on Aug 3 was only 4x for CLOTHING related gift cards, meaning JCP, Kohl's, etc. it was in the fine print on the sign near the cards.
Not sure. It just says coming soon, 4x fuel points. But it does picture a variety of cards on the ad - Food, iTunes, movies, dept store.

Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: