Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 11:07 PM   #1
ConnorsMama
Earning My Ears

Buses from Port Orleans French Quarter?

The last time we stayed at French Quarter they had a dedicated bus about 80% of the time, and shared with Riverside the other 20%. Does anyone know if this is still the case?

Thank you in advance!
ConnorsMama is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 12:14 AM   #2
BuzzLiteyear
To infinity and beyond....or just drop me off at the Contemporary Resort!

Location: 978.19 miles just East of due North of CR (1161 by roads)

Our last visit (December) we seemed to share every bus. At least the ones we were on did. We stayed at POR so maybe there were dedicated FQ buses that we didn't see?
BuzzLiteyear is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 02:07 AM   #3
mrcarder
Mouseketeer

We stayed there last two years, and only shared once. These were mid Oct and late Nov. This one time the bus picked up both resorts, we had a really late start to the park, so we figured this was why?
mrcarder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:34 AM   #4
Missytara
I'm all ears!

The info regarding the buses and what times of day they share on the POFQ thread.

Me and the three cats - Momma Abby and the Kids, Gracie, Jack, and R.I.P. my little Desi (10/14/11) - Momma and the kids miss you and so do I.
Missytara is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:39 AM   #5
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

In October 2010 we never shared a bus, even when we were the only ones on an early morning DHS. It is always possible that you will share (experienced that the trip before), though it seems to mostly happen during the late morning and through the afternoon.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:44 AM   #6
tddtex
Earning My Ears

We stayed last Nov ( and booked FD for this Nov) and honestly, the bus situation was the worst part of our trip.

We ended up taking a taxi for 4 of the last days because we waited for over an hour once for a bus and missed reservations.

I was so bad in my opinion, that I did not deem it safe for my family to pack as many people in at the end of the night, hang on for dear life, a have 2 tired kids having to stand because a 20 - 40 year old man would no give up his seat for even an elderly.

Renting a car this year. It will cost an additional $200 or so BUT I am savinf $1400.00 on dining so the money will go toward that AND with staying a a resort, FREE PARKING at all the parks!!!

Not saying it is the solution, but for my family, it will be.
tddtex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:02 AM   #7
edinburghlass
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by BuzzLiteyear View Post
Our last visit (December) we seemed to share every bus. At least the ones we were on did. We stayed at POR so maybe there were dedicated FQ buses that we didn't see?
If you stayed at POR then you wouldn't see the dedicated POFQ buses

We were there in May and the only shared buses were lunch time return to resort and some buses returning to the parks for the evening where they picked up at POFQ first. The late night buses and morning buses were always dedicated POFQ and I think only once did we have to get on the second bus back to resort after Wishes at MK and it was there within minutes.
Old 08-04-2013, 10:56 AM   #8
minnie mum
Unapologetic Disney Fan(atic)

As Missytara pointed out, you can find more detailed info on POFQ buses on the resort specific thread. We have only stayed there during quieter times of the year, and have found that we shared buses generally from mid morning through early evening. And even then it was only to certain parks. We did not share buses during the periods of heaviest demand at park opening and closing.

As for the buses being crowded, this will almost always occur at park opening and closing and happens no matter what resort you are staying at. If you absolutely must have a seat on the bus, you can always choose to wait for the next one. During periods of high demand, they usually come within minutes of each other.
minnie mum is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: