Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Resorts
facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS Updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-04-2013, 08:15 AM   #16
moonshadow
Mouseketeer

We love doing this and always recommend it to people. I drive up to the gate and tell them we want to check out the resort. They see our resort parking permit (from where we are staying) on my dashboard and let us in.

Not sure if letting them see my valid parking permit helps, but it certainly doesn't hurt. At least they know we are a paying guest at one of the other resorts.

Either way have a great time.

WL - Sept 2013, POLY - Sept 2010, BCV - Sept 2005, BWV - July 1997, CR - June 1987
moonshadow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 08:28 AM   #17
juliebug1997
DIS Veteran

We schedule ADRs all the time at other resorts and take a few minutes to check out the lobby, their big gift shop, etc. I think DH wants to take away my wallet and KTTW when we go in the Poly--I just LOVE their shop!!!!!!

Commando #137 at your service!
juliebug1997 is offline   Reply With Quote
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-04-2013, 09:27 AM   #18
grumpytx
Mouseketeer

As a matter of fact thats how my family started staying on property. It just took one quick trip to one of the All Star properties for a tour and we've been hooked ever since. We've stayed at several and toured several more. Probably the most productive time we spent was touring a property planning for the next Disney trip. Never had a problem getting access, just as previous posters noted, just let the guard know you want to tour the property.
Old 08-04-2013, 09:44 AM   #19
LilyWDW
Going to My Happy Place

When are you going? During some times of the year you may be turned away at specific resorts if you are not staying there or do not have a dining reservation. For example, I witnessed this personally at Boardwalk during Food and Wine (we had a dining reservation and had taken a taxi, but saw many many people turned away). There have also been reports of the Contemporary doing this during busy times of the year (like Christmas).

Otherwise, it should be no issue. I have not done all the resorts, but we have done a monorail resort crawl to check them out. Makes a great mid-day break for a MK day. Need to see if I have a time to do this next year. Also want to do a DVC tour.

"You're dead if you aim only for kids. Adults are only kids grown up, anyway." - Walt Disney
DIS'er OCTOBER 2014 FB Group
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1398705187009744/

LilyWDW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 10:02 AM   #20
nolanboys
DIS Veteran

We love doing this. Often, we take a break from the parks and just pick a resort bus at the bus stops. Head over for an afternoon break. Walk around and grab a snack. Then head out to another park. Our kids enjoy it as much as we do.
Old 08-04-2013, 04:07 PM   #21
chemnerd09
Mouseketeer

We are going down in December and plan to do a resort crawl to see all the Christmas decorations, especially the gingerbread houses.

chemnerd09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 05:19 PM   #22
plumsiren
DIS Veteran

Quote:
Originally Posted by LilyWDW View Post
When are you going? During some times of the year you may be turned away at specific resorts if you are not staying there or do not have a dining reservation. For example, I witnessed this personally at Boardwalk during Food and Wine (we had a dining reservation and had taken a taxi, but saw many many people turned away). There have also been reports of the Contemporary doing this during busy times of the year (like Christmas).

Otherwise, it should be no issue. I have not done all the resorts, but we have done a monorail resort crawl to check them out. Makes a great mid-day break for a MK day. Need to see if I have a time to do this next year. Also want to do a DVC tour.
Don't know for sure, but almost certainly a non-holiday time in November/December/January.
plumsiren is offline   Reply With Quote

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: