Disney Information Station Logo

Go Back   The DIS Discussion Forums - DISboards.com > Disney Trip Planning Forums > Disney Trip Reports
Find Hotel Specials & DIScounts

facebooktwitterpinterestgoogle plusyoutubeDIS UpdatesDIS email updates
Register Chat FAQ Tickers Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

Old 08-03-2013, 03:41 PM   #1
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Moose & Goose- The 5th anniversary is the Dis Trip Anniversary- Baby Update #2 5/1

Welcome one and All! Thank you so much for joining my TR!

First let me tell you a little about me, in case you don't already know.

Im Rebecca& Ive been to Disney 6 times. For this report, I will be referred to as "Goose" (this is what my niece and nephew call me... you'll probably understand once you read the introduction for my husband). Once when I was 4 (88ish) (which the only thing I remember is pulling on Tiggers tail and he didnt turn around so I cried)& once with my high school marching band (00) (we were in a parade and I saw Cinderella without her dress on, behind the scenes- OH my!), once with my high school show choir (02) and twice with Michael and his family (2008 & 2010)- on property @ WL.

My favorite character is Tinker Bell- to my knowledge she is the only princess who doesnt need her man- he needs her. I LOVE her attitude in Peter Pan& they made her too happy and girly in the fairy movies, IMHO.

My favorite park is the Magic Kingdom- every time I walk down Main Street and smell the smells and see the Castle, I cry a little and Im not afraid to admit it. My favorite Disney movie& thats a tough one. Ill give top 5: Monsters Inc., Finding Nemo, Beauty and the Beast, Bolt, Enchanted. And my favorite ride would probably have to be Expedition Everest or Rockin' Roller Coaster.

This is my husband, Michael or "Moose" as I will try to refer to him as (and I). Hands off ladies... he's taken.

This photo is from our 2010 trip.
Hes been to Disney 8 times& twice with me... His favorite Disney movie is either Robin Hood or The Lion King, characters are Robin Hood and Hercules, park is Magic Kingdom and ride is Soarin'.

Now that the introductions are out of the way, I thought I'd start by explaining why I chose to write my trip report in the style I am. Ive noticed that there are several girls on the Disboards who like to do their TR like Friends episodes& for those of you who dont know, they are the ones who title their chapters The one where&..

I decided to do mine like a Rocky & Bullwinkle show&. Because my husbands nickname is Moose& and thats what all of his friends call him, I thought it a natural choice.

So, this is my PTR/TR. Ill go ahead and do a little preview about A. why we chose to do this trip and B. what is going to be the outline for our trip. First, Ill say- we decided to go for our 5th wedding anniversary, which is Sept. 6. We are staying at POR-Riverside (which neither of us have ever stayed at before) and we check in (for now) on Saturday August 31. We are driving down and have been toying with the idea of leaving on Thursday instead of Friday... but haven't decided yet.

This will be our first Disney trip by ourselves- which is a BIG deal to us. The last time we went with his parents, sister & brother in law and their kids. It was fun but the last night was terrible- and we had to leave before the rest of the group. I tried to do a full TR& but stopped after the first day or so. This time Im going to be making notes and taking WAY more pictures.

So, you want to know the "why" and the "what", since you know the who, when and where?

A. We chose to do this trip because Im on the Dis WAY too much& and reading all of your TR makes me want to go SO badly! AND& I had the vacation time saved up, so why not& AND Im a member of the media (I work at a TV station)- and members of the media get 2 free park hopper passes every year. (ALSO- If you work for a not for profit, they also get 2 free tix a year&.) So, we basically get a free day& so WHY NOT?!

B. The outline for this trip actually came from a fellow Diser. Brook (Brookelizabeth), who is a travel agent posted on her fb wall a few months back, asking whats on your list of things you want to at Disney?& And I got to thinking& what are some things that are on my Disney Bucket List? So, Moose and I made bucket lists& for Disney.

Now you are asking, so&. Whats on your bucket list?

On MY Disney bucket list: (not in any particular order)

#1- The Tomorrowland Terrace Dessert party
#2- Try to do EVERY ride in the MK in 1 day& can that be done?!
#3- Stay at AKL with a Savanna view
#4- Stay a night in Cinderellas Castle
#5- Stay at POR with the room with the fireworks in the headboard (I think thatd be so cool)
#6- Go in December to see the Osborne lights & MVMCP
#7- Find a paint brush on Tom Sawyers Island.
#8- Eat mini-corn dogs at Caseys.

Mooses Disney Bucket list:
#1- Stay in Cinderellas Castle
#2- Go to Disney, just the two of us. (check!)
#3- Drink our way around the world (at least one drink in every country in World Showcase).
#4- Pull the sword from the stone

***BTW- when we compared "bucket list notes" it was totally coincidental that we both had "stay in Cinderella's castle... this was not added because one of us had the idea and the other one agreed and then added it.

So& As you can see there are somethings on our lists that we have no control over& and there are somethings on the lists that are not within our means at this point to do so. There are 2 things I am definitely going to try to mark off my list& but youll just have to stay tuned to see what those things are.

Our leave date- as you can see from my ticker is less than a month away. This will be our first road trip together- except for my cousins' wedding about 7 years ago in Ohio. We've got a lot to do before we can go.. so I'll do a handful of updates about what we need to get done and what still needs done... and then the TR will commence after we return!

I'm hoping for some pixie dust and ALOT of fun along the way! I can't wait to see what Anniversary Disney magic happens!

2007/2010 WL
2013- split stay POR(RS) & WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

http://distickers.com/ticker/tickers/jxorsv1jabd4oqto.png

Last edited by Self_resqing_princz; 05-04-2014 at 08:27 PM.
Self_resqing_princz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-03-2013, 03:42 PM   #2
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Thanks for joining in! This spot is reserved for soon to be written chapter links.

PTR: chapter 1- it keeps getting better OR I have the best husband in the world!
PTR: ch. 2- Getting ready for "the big walk"- OR- My brother and I go to Holiday World!
PTR: Ch.3- The single digit dance -OR- my vacation haircut

PTR: Ch. 4- Is it too soon to pack -OR- NEW THINGS FOR DISNEY!
PTR ch. 5- Mickey & Minnie reach the end of the count down -OR- It's time to pack!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~ *~*~*~*~*~*~
The FUN begins! Trip Reports posted here!
Day 1: 9/1/13 we have arrived in FLORIDA!
Chapter 1: Travel -OR- We're Off![/URL]
Chapter 2: Checking in -OR- Checking out our temporary home
Day 1:Chapter 3: FINALLY FOOD! -OR- Ready to start vacation!

Day 2: 9/2/2013- Our first day in the parks!
Chapter 1: Our first park of the trip -OR-Attempting to do the possibly impossible
Chapter 2: A FULL review of Under the Sea -OR- Our First Experience with New Fantasyland 9/20
Chapter 3: The lights are on! -Or- Where's Buzz?
Chapter 4: Stuck -Or- It's a tiny world.
Chapter 5: an AMAZING dinner & view -or- Get ready to laugh your orbutter off
Ch. 6: We're ALMOST done -or- OH MY FEET!
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 3: EPCOT- our attempt at drinking around the world
Day 3: Ch. 1- Where do we start? -or- Pretending to be fish!
Chapter 2: How many countries left? -or- Getting virtual encouragement
Day 3: Ch. 3- O, CANAFA! -or- Making Goofy proud
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Day 4: DHS & The BEST Special event I'd never done
Chapter 1:doing things I've never done -or- what do you mean by "Everything"
Day 4: Chapter 2: Riding solo -or- Will the rain hold off?
Day 4: Chapter 3: Does the rain hold off continued -or- SHE WAVED AT ME!

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*
Day5: MK & Another first for us!
Day 5: Chapter 1: Moving day drama -or- you spent HOW much?!
Chapter 2: Breaking up a couple -or- a surprise "apology" gift
Chapter 3: Finishing up MK -or- Hoop Dee Doo Revue Review
~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Day 6: Our last day in the Parks & marking more off the lists!
Chapter 1: trying to fit it all in -or- taking our time
Chapter 2: A special dinner -or- a little moment I will always remember

*^*^*^*
Real life update 12/28
Real life update #2 1/2/14
And now for something completely unrelated:
Why I love the Olympics... my little Olympics rant
Baby update

2007/2010 WL

Current PTR/TR September 2013: Doing Disney by the book... or rather- list. Marking off our Disney Bucket Lists!
[URL="http://www.disboards.com/showthread.php?t=3151964"]Moose & Goose do Disney -or- The 5th anniversary is the Disney Trip anniversary

Last edited by Self_resqing_princz; 04-26-2014 at 03:58 PM.
|
The DIS
Register to remove

Old 08-03-2013, 07:24 PM   #3
Thumper_Man
DDC 684
Do we go left or to the second start on the right, straight on til morning?

Looks like I'm the first to arrive.
Old 08-03-2013, 08:31 PM   #4
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thumper_Man View Post
Looks like I'm the first to arrive.
Well, I couldn't be happier that you're here.... Welcome!

2007/2010 WL

Old 08-04-2013, 12:10 AM   #5
smidgy
dimples

checking in!!!!
smidgy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 01:45 PM   #6
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in WDW 9/7- 9/15!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:04 PM   #7
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
checking in!!!!
Thanks for joining us Smidgy!

2007/2010 WL

Old 08-04-2013, 03:05 PM   #8
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluejasmine View Post
We will be celebrating our 5th anniversary in WDW 9/7- 9/15!!

Sept 2013 Poly, 2012 Disney Fantasy, BC CL, GF CL, POR, 2011 Poly CL, CR, Poly CL, AKL, 2010 Poly CL, ASMu 2009, SSR 2008, Pop 2006, POR , Asmo 2005, Asmo 2003, offsite 2000, 1999,1989, Poly 1980, offsite 1979
That's cool. Too bad we'll miss each other by just a couple days. Are you doing a TR?
Thanks for joining in!

2007/2010 WL

Old 08-04-2013, 03:33 PM   #9
bluejasmine
DIS Veteran

Ill be sending in pics of our food for the live thread on the restaurants review board.. Not sure about regular TR yet depends on what my schedule will be like when we get back

ASMo 2003/2005, ASMu 2009,Pop 2006/2013, SSR 2008, Poly CL 2010/2011/2013, GF CL 2012, AKL 2011, CR 2011, BC CL 2012, POR 2005/2012, CBR 2011, DCL Fantasy 2012, Hilton DTD 2011(2x) Best Western DTD 2010/2012
bluejasmine is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 03:42 PM   #10
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

What do you think?

Is there anything in particular you love to have in the car during a road trip? Snacks, books, etc?

My plan is to get a book on tape or two from the library. Get a variety bag of chips, maybe some slim jims (definately some pepto dismal (as my father in law calls it)) and a small cooler with sodas.

What do you think is the best road trip food or snack?

Because I've never really been on an actual road trip... I went on family trips in the car... but that consisted of kids music, connect the dots books and a bag of gummy bears in the back of the van... while my brothers played "I spy" and "I'm not touching you"- which isn't really a game... more just an annoyance.

2007/2010 WL

Old 08-04-2013, 09:04 PM   #11
mmeb144

My husband KNOWS I'm a Disney Maniac
MM is the coolest!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Self_resqing_princz View Post
Is there anything in particular you love to have in the car during a road trip? Snacks, books, etc?
My DH & I love audiobooks. We pick stuff in the Young Adult section. The stories are action packed and the narrators don't put us to sleep. Very important when driving down the road. A few recommendations: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and Divergent by Veronica Roth

Quote:
What do you think is the best road trip food or snack?
Whatever they have at the gas station. We always bring snacks, but we end up buying something at the gas station every time.

Quote:
Because I've never really been on an actual road trip... I went on family trips in the car... but that consisted of kids music, connect the dots books and a bag of gummy bears in the back of the van... while my brothers played "I spy" and "I'm not touching you"- which isn't really a game... more just an annoyance.
Now that you are an adult, you can play the "Let's talk" game where you talk about all the things you don't talk about at home. My DH and I like to talk about what we will do when we retire (Live in WDW) or where we will vacation next year (WDW).

Mar '87 Offsite, Mar '89 Contemporary, Sept '91 CBR, Mar '92 Dolphin, Sept '97 Polynesian, Dec '00 CBR, May '03 CBR, Jan '04 WL, Oct '04 POFQ, Feb '05 WL, Dec '05 Contemporary, Feb '07 POFQ, Dec '07 CBR, June '08 Disneyland, Nov '08 Buena Vista Suites, Dec '09 CSR, Dec '10 POFQ, June '12 POFQ, Dec '13 Caribe Royale/POFQ, May '14 ASMusic
mmeb144 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-04-2013, 09:06 PM   #12
Self_resqing_princz
Mouseketeer

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmeb144 View Post
My DH & I love audiobooks. We pick stuff in the Young Adult section. The stories are action packed and the narrators don't put us to sleep. Very important when driving down the road. A few recommendations: The Hunger Games by Suzanne Collins, The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness, and Divergent by Veronica Roth

Whatever they have at the gas station. We always bring snacks, but we end up buying something at the gas station every time.

Now that you are an adult, you can play the "Let's talk" game where you talk about all the things you don't talk about at home. My DH and I like to talk about what we will do when we retire (Live in WDW) or where we will vacation next year (WDW).
Thanks for the suggestions Mmeb! Very interesting idea. Also, I appreciate you joining us on our trip!

2007/2010 WL

Old 08-04-2013, 09:35 PM   #13
smidgy
dimples

youa re richgt; the Slim Jims are a MUST!!! also make sure the sodas are in resealable bottles so you only take a sip or 2 and don't have to drink the whole thing. too many rest stops!

trivia quizzes are good. make up your own ahead of time, according to your interests.

the best snacks are the ones at the gas stations/travel cneters/ the hot dog or tornado in the glass case on those rollers.

we alwyas grab some candy bars from the rest stop and put them in the cooler.

string cheese.

(our cooler is right behind me)
Old 08-04-2013, 09:37 PM   #14
smidgy
dimples

Quote:
Originally Posted by smidgy View Post
youa re richgt;
kind of a cross between Italian and German there.....
Old 08-05-2013, 09:24 AM   #15
wiigirl
DIS Veteran

Great update!

Display Modes Rate This Thread
Rate This Thread: